Other games 19/20 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Other games 19/20

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
In my honest humble opinion we should have gone toe to toe with United for Wan-Bissaka, and made him choose. He is a perfect young fit for what we are trying to build. Need to be scouring the world for a young athletic RB with good touch and sound tekkers.

Unbelievable that Lampard wants to make a name for himself with these guys on sub's bench v United:

Caballero, Alonso, Kante, Kenedy, Giroud, Pulisic, Tomori

chelsea played some nice football at the start but completely capitulated in the 2nd half. good result for man utd but there midfield looks open and there still too reliant on the counter attack for me. enjoyable game tho.

No one has impressed apart from City and arguably Liverpool.

Yes it's early days but we really shouldn't fear Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal. If we don't finish at least 3rd this season I'll be disappointed.

Our next 3 PL games are City, Newcastle and the arse. If we get any points from the first it will be a miracle especially if it's without Eriksen .

I didn't see Newcastle play Arse so can't comment on the other 2.

Our next 3 PL games are City, Newcastle and the arse. If we get any points from the first it will be a miracle especially if it's without Eriksen .

I didn't see Newcastle play Arse so can't comment on the other 2.

Newcastle under Bruce were huff and puff, on paper, not a threat as under Benitez imo. Le Arse, if we can keep Auba quiet (big if), but their whole team seem more mobile, imo, they always do. Score 1st will be the key.

Having said all that, all the teams will have early season adjustments to make. A case of who's gonna settle quickest.

United on the counter were devastating today...

Their high press was effective...kind of looked like us when we do it.

Though to be fair this game could have been turned out differently if Chelsea were more clinical...sound familiar!

Maguire and Bissaka have changed the narrative on United's defense. Maguire was once again, outstanding.

Arsenal are still a CB and player in the pivot in center mid from being contenders. But they have improved and it's the first time in ten years they have won the opening two. Could do with a draw tonight. Barcelona are frankly ridiculous and the more I watch De jong and Deligt the more convinced I am they should have gone to another club ( us?) before the Barca move. The purchase of Griezmann just makes no sense, unless he is happy to cover the bench for Messi

Arsenal are still a CB and player in the pivot in center mid from being contenders. But they have improved and it's the first time in ten years they have won the opening two. Could do with a draw tonight. Barcelona are frankly ridiculous and the more I watch De jong and Deligt the more convinced I am they should have gone to another club ( us?) before the Barca move. The purchase of Griezmann just makes no sense, unless he is happy to cover the bench for Messi

The scum look strong in MF and all attacking positions, let's just hope the defence keeps letting them down .

People were writing them off but I said they made a few shrewd buys. With that attacking talent they have they will certainly give us a run for our money this season.

They'll need another CB come summer, and another CM, that's before trying to keep Ceballos.

They look shakey in the mid/back, just like last season. I assume they'll implode the same way too.

Friendly wager, we are finishing above them by 5+ points?