Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 262 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Will see if this thread corrupts again, if so will start a new thread... it is getting rather long now!

That was a surprise, the bin dippers winning at Man Citeh 4-1. Tekkers came on for the last 13 minutes when they were taking it easy.

How 'the mighty' has fallen...........

Had to laugh at this one.

Brechin City goalkeeper Graeme Smith turned up in plenty of time for his teams match against Stenhousemuir.... problem was he turned up at Stenhousemuir, when his team Brechin were the home side so he had to dash 83 miles back to Brechin......

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34890393

Lol......

Was listening to the radio today and it was a discussion about prem clubs. They were mentioning the likes of west ham who apparently have enough season ticket applications to get crowds of 50k when they move. Spuds who have had to resubmit plans for their new stadium as they need to up the capacity to 56k. Plop who are extending their stadium and how the prem clubs will be mega rich next season and virtually any of them will be able to fund top players. I felt sad listening to it knowing well it's unlikely that we will be part of it.

Agree with all that

Also means that life is going to be virtually impossible for clubs promoted from the Championship from now on.Another nail in the coffin for the game we all love.Ironic how only this week a DVD was released called "I believe in miracles" about Brian Clough taking 2nd division( as it was then) Nottm Forest to the league title and then 2 European Club wins.

Not a cat in hell's chance of this ever being repeated.I decry my age sometimes but such things were great to have witnessed,as was of course the great Villa side that followed Forest's success-albeit with "just" one European Cup...

Fulford - 22/11/2015 16:50

Was listening to the radio today and it was a discussion about prem clubs. They were mentioning the likes of west ham who apparently have enough season ticket applications to get crowds of 50k when they move. Spuds who have had to resubmit plans for their new stadium as they need to up the capacity to 56k. Plop who are extending their stadium and how the prem clubs will be mega rich next season and virtually any of them will be able to fund top players. I felt sad listening to it knowing well it's unlikely that we will be part of it.

Will spurs and west ham break into that top 4 year after year. Doubt it as that is a monopoly in itself. How long will over 50k put up with a 6-8th finish year after year. 3 6th placed finishes under MON started to test some villa fans.

Spuds have a chance as players will sign for them.

Their biggest threat is Levy who would sell his own soul to the devil if there was a profit in it.

all these clubs with new or extended stadiums, soon Villa Park will be one of the smaller grounds in the premier league (assuming we're in it).

Just watching the Palace/Sunderland game, and however shit Sunderland really are, they're putting in a hell of a shift tonight, WORKING HARD in all areas of the pitch and really fighting for every ball.

What they lack in ability, they are making up for in spirit, graft and determination. Something I have seen absolutely nothing of in the Villa for some time now. Is this the Fat Sam effect? Not sure, but on the evidence of tonight, they look a better bet to stay up than we do.

it is a bit worrying that sunderland look like they can get a few 0-0's here and there, with lens, Johnson and mvilla, with defoe/fletcher up front they may start getting a few results, and seem to find some form come march time to say up.

The advantage ourselves and sunderland have is we've been in several relegation battles before and know what to do.

o wank, 1-0 sunderland

that's how games are often won though, defend deep, battle hard, rely on a bit of quality, a bit of luck, a set piece or just some out and out shitness from the opposition to get results.

Big Sam has got them well organised at the back. Three centre halves with Cattermole covering in front. They scrap well.

So Sunderland have Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City away, Stoke, Watford and Liverpool at home before we pitch up on 2 January. At least they won't be too much further ahead of us by then!