Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 185 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

You see in this country the age of consent is 16, but in other countries it is lower, hence my argument against the term 'child'......

"In Europe, countries who have the age of consent set at 16 include Cyprus, Finland, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland.

For Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14, and in France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15.

Spain did have one of the lowest ages of consent on the continent at just 13, but recently agreed to raise this to 16."

Full article - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-age-consent-around-world-2802173

I haven't bothered reading too much about the case, but to me, it's the old saying... "Takes Two to Tango".

I don't know who was taking 'the lead' but it can be easy to be lead to the 'honey trap' these days....

Pride of Lions - 24/4/2015 05:37

I haven't bothered reading too much about the case, but to me, it's the old saying... "Takes Two to Tango".

I don't know who was taking 'the lead' but it can be easy to be lead to the 'honey trap' these days....

Slippery slope that saying... a 15 can be very immature for their age and can easily be led into a situation they're not ready for with the promise of presents etc...

There's obviously a flip side but no matter what I think we can all agree if the charges are proved correct and he did indeed know she was 15, he is a very sick chap.

However I'm not going to say anything about him until it has been properly proven in the courts.

If he knew she was 15, then yes, he deserves to have the book thrown at him. If he thought she was 16 he still deserves to have the book thrown at him, although because it's legal it's still fucking perverse.

Sunderland are not going to suspend Adam Johnson think this will stir up a hornets nest but I suppose the money gained if he helps them avoid relegation will far outweigh the shit they will get.

is he still eligible to play or does this now mean he cannot be selected. I would think for his sake and his team mates it would be better that he does not play again until the result of his trial. Opposing fans will be chanting all kinds of stuff now at the Sunderland team whether Johnson is there or not. He hasn't done his team mates any favours with this.

I just do not understand Sunderland here. He has been charged with a serious offence,one the police do not levy lightly.Agreed he may be found innocent but equally he may be found guilty

He is going to get torn apart away from the Stadium Of Light and Sunderland have 4 away games to play out of 6.If he stepped foot out at VP I would be hurling dogs abuse all game.

Same sort of idiotic dense mentality at Sunderland as when they appointed Di Canio.God I hope these people are relegated

No matter how physically mature a girl might appear, a 15 year old girl lacks the psychological and emotional maturity of adulthood and is therefore in a position of obvious vulnerability where she can easily be exploited by a fully grown and experienced adult. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether someone is physically developed enough for sex. The whole point of grooming: manipulating a vulnerable person into a position where they can be exploited for sexual and emotional gratification is an appalling act which tells you everything you need to know about the perpetrators.

To pick up on what someone else said, didn't it occur to him that she might be under age or still at school? So creepy, though I guess everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I will never understand somebody anywhere near Johnsons age looking at girls that age, he is a Premiership star massive amount of money and could have many fit women who want that lifestyle he lives and yet he resorts to that IF heis found guilty of course, but why a lad his age ain't enjoying the women he could get is just weird to me.

Villa_Grizzly - 24/4/2015 18:54

To pick up on what someone else said, didn't it occur to him that she might be under age or still at school? So creepy, though I guess everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I don't know the whole story didnt read it so what I'll say could be answered easily...

From what I heard she was in a nightclub and approached him and he did the business... Fast forward she starts bragging to her friends and whoever else and he gets hauled in and someone gets a snap of her where she looks about 21...

Girl who looks 21 in a nightclub there will be no questions asked... Not defending the guy but if that is the true basics of the story lets not make him out to be a monster...

CDX_EIRE - 25/4/2015 15:35

Villa_Grizzly - 24/4/2015 18:54

I don't know the whole story didnt read it so what I'll say could be answered easily...

From what I heard she was in a nightclub and approached him and he did the business... Fast forward she starts bragging to her friends and whoever else and he gets hauled in and someone gets a snap of her where she looks about 21...

Girl who looks 21 in a nightclub there will be no questions asked... Not defending the guy but if that is the true basics of the story lets not make him out to be a monster...

So why was he charged on 3 counts AND grooming?

He must have had sex with her on at least 3 separate occasions to be charged 3 times, so is "not knowing her age" an excuse at that stage?

Bad scores at the moment for us, Leicester and Hull winning, Sunderland drawing, we are only 2 points from the bottom 3