Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 408 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Villan57 - 18/2/2017 14:45

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 18/2/2017 14:27

Lincoln have just dumped Burnley out of the FA Cup. Incredible.

It's all Westwoods fault

The curse of agent Westwood

Hope he feels appreciated tonight.

And people wanted Dyche as manager. Signed Westwood and Joey Barton (twice). Another manager that will not get what he has had at Burnley anywhere else.

VillaTomB38 - 18/2/2017 17:35

I can't believe small Heath are still above us, it begs belief

Not when you look at their start of the season and ours. We have had two poor runs of matches either side of Bruce's first 11 matches. Blues have had one poor run after a really good start. One way or another one win in 11 under RDM will handicap us all season. Unbelievable that this week on the forum someone actually said we were not that bad under RDM.

Melon Donkey - 18/2/2017 17:44

One way or another one win in 11 under RDM will handicap us all season.

Well unless we win at SportsDirect it will be 1 win in 11 again [if you include Spuds in the cup I forgot about], or put another way, unless we win at SportsDirect then it will be a run of just 2 wins in 12 league games, another mighty handicap.

JuanPabloAngel - 18/2/2017 19:53

Villan57 - 18/2/2017 17:27

JuanPabloAngel - 18/2/2017 17:23

Lol 57, took the words out of my mouth! It would go out for a goal kick :19:

Heard he nearly hit the corner flag today with one of his "shots"

Yes I saw that one, couldn't stop laughing. Even Mrs JPA expressed concern!

When i read this earlier i thought it was exaggeration.

He actually did then !.

Melon Donkey - 18/2/2017 17:44

Not when you look at their start of the season and ours. We have had two poor runs of matches either side of Bruce's first 11 matches. Blues have had one poor run after a really good start. One way or another one win in 11 under RDM will handicap us all season. Unbelievable that this week on the forum someone actually said we were not that bad under RDM.

That was me. Results weren't good enough under RDM, can see why he made way. But we really weren't that bad. Nearly all draws, usually after dominating the matches, but late goals (often Gollini mistakes) cost the three points. The Bristol City loss wasn't great but that was before Kodjia arrived. Only the Preston loss, which cost RDM his job, was really poor. We were scoring goals, and had a GD difference of -1, in spite of the mistakes.

So can't see why it's unbelievable. Unless believing in Bruce is the new mantra and nothing else is allowed.

Of course its allowed Mcparland but I certainly dont look back at the RDM tenure fondly though. But players and managers of the past always seem to get better when they have gone from the club, in some people opinions on here, which i rarely buy into. One win in 11 which was against the league whipping boys, Rotherham , was terrible.
There are alot of excuses in your post, in my opinion
Nearly all draws, dominating matches, gollini's mistakes (RDM's signing), all happened before kodjia arrived. All this still being the net result of one paltry win.

I am prepared to give Bruce more slack because in a similar amount of games with the same squad Bruce won 6 games, with exactly the same squad. Can't disagree that its awful at the moment and the whole squad and management team is underperforming, but the way Bruce came in and sorted things quickly for me buys him time. Unlike RDM who had a full pre season.

Melon Donkey - RDM's first 5 matches were in the transfer window and several players including Kodjia came in right at the end. So he still had work to do. They ain't excuses,they're facts.

And here he is again, coming in for Eibar [7th in La Liga] in their match at Sevilla [3rd in La Liga] and getting a rousing ovation as an old boy. Another example of wrong place, wrong time or more to do with a non-specific malaise? Who is this ... Antonio Luna
Not saying anything other than he is another one who gets game time, sure it's for tiny Eibar, but they are where they are.

Assuming we get beat Monday, there's a distinct possibility we will go into the Derby game probably in 19th place as wolves will beat small Heath Friday night , the same night Burton will beat Blackburn .
What a pressure cooker game Derby will be , Darren bent is nailed on to score at least 2 .

The FACup [what's that?] draw gives Lincoln [who Solihull Moors drew with away 0-0, with 10 men and lost at home 0-1] the likelihood of a QF at Arsenal .... dreams eh? Of course Spuds get a jacksy home draw against the Cold Blow Lane crew [wouldnt want to be on the railways/tubes that day]. Spuds and Hammers always seem to get jacksy draws.

How the hell did Barton stay on the pitch yesterday, pathetic officials! Dyche mob should have been down to 9 men, Barton OFF and Westwood still on, somewhere not far away but just far enough.

Karim Ahmadi notching the winner for top of the league Feyenoord this afternoon.

Another world class player to slip through the villa net. :3:

I wasn't fully watching it this morning but I got the impression that his mates on MOTD were making him out to be the victim. It seems people wind him up. Or at least that;s what I heard.

edit : Barton that is

I saw MOTD last night and Sinclair said listen, he is a mate of mine blah blah ....and th whole subject was just dropped. Barton stamped on the guy and then shoved a guy in the face and he stays???? :26:

Yep, but some here would like him and Dyche at Villa. Dyche is like Moyes, found his niche. I know, we could get Dyche and sign Barton and re-sign Westwood.
Some of these MOTD pundits do my head in ... like the gap toothed spud I used to play everywhere sicknote, like Murphy, like now Sinclair, cant speak Geordie. Keown & Gullit speak the truth though.

So Lincoln City players are getting a £5k each for reaching the QF .... whats that equal to, an hours training for our number 11?