Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3189 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I was laughing because of the title Champions league. The cynic would says is a European super league by stealth after the first effort failed. What's to stop them " altering " entry criteria later?
They're slowly tilting things into the favour of the larger clubs. Everything being done seems like a compromise to prevent the super league forming. Extra games, stronger financial regulations and restrictions on the type of games that can even happen in the knockout rounds. Removing away goals. Everything just slowly tilts more into the favour of those that have.

They're slowly tilting things into the favour of the larger clubs. Everything being done seems like a compromise to prevent the super league forming. Extra games, stronger financial regulations and restrictions on the type of games that can even happen in the knockout rounds. Removing away goals. Everything just slowly tilts more into the favour of those that have.
Got to keep the global viewing figs up and the sponsors happy so the likes of Madrid / Barcelona / Liverpool need to stay in to the later stages

I remember discussions about being in the championship. How good it is to be competitive rather than struggling in the prem.
If we can't keep up with the sky 6 I'd prefer them to go to a superleague leaving the rest of us to compete on a more level playing field.
I've followed Villa from the old 3rd div. Something more honest watching the lower leagues than inflated egos in the Prem.

Got to keep the global viewing figs up and the sponsors happy so the likes of Madrid / Barcelona / Liverpool need to stay in to the later stages
Its fucked up, its exactly the same as our Governments. The clubs are listed as stakeholders which basically makes them like lobbyists. Everything is setup to benefit them and not setup for the benefit of fans and consumers.

They're actively making the competition worse/less competitive. Is it what the average fan wants? Not sure. I don;t but maybe if I was a United fan I'd want a less competitive tournament that always shows my team getting to the final.

I don't know if this works out for UEFA because these clubs will always be hungry. Look at Barcelona and Real, they will never stop until European football mirrors La Liga in terms of financials.

You'd argue Germany has the ideal setup in terms of the clubs not being able to do anything that hurts fans. Unfortunately, the league has zero competition and is a complete farce. The NFL is a joke but the draft system at least prevents teams from getting overpowered.

Rob is probably on Deano's level as a manager, granted the quality of player is very low but they've imploded often this season. They've lost way too many points from winning positions. And I've seen too many games where they don't seem to have answers to opposition changes.