Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 2891 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Its just a pity we don't play them until Christmas time. As Pangloss said it probably doesn't matter whether they keep him or get someone new. Unai won't go because it's back to square one in an even worse environment with no backing to fix it.

Whatever happened with Gerrard, at least we still had interested owners and, TBF to Purslow and Lange they put up some guardrails and structure in place too. United have none of that, there is no strategy and everyone is going in different directions.
Ha ha look on the bright side, three points would be a great Christmas present.

If you thought Qatar was a one off think again.

It was a given, might as well let them have it because they would have sooner or later anyway. Don’t mind the winter World Cup again tbh, last years was actually alright in the end. The fact it was in Qatar wasn’t a big deal when I’m watching it on tv. Big shame Australia don’t get to host it again because of these nations though, successfully hosted the women’s World Cup and have the stadiums ready to go with a good climate for football in June/July.

Not saying it’s right that Qatar got to host it and Saudi will host it in 2034 but there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

It was a given, might as well let them have it because they would have sooner or later anyway. Don’t mind the winter World Cup again tbh, last years was actually alright in the end. The fact it was in Qatar wasn’t a big deal when I’m watching it on tv. Big shame Australia don’t get to host it again because of these nations though, successfully hosted the women’s World Cup and have the stadiums ready to go with a good climate for football in June/July.

Not saying it’s right that Qatar got to host it and Saudi will host it in 2034 but there’s nothing you can do to stop it.
I did mind the winter break, but I take your point about inevitability.

I did mind the winter break, but I take your point about inevitability.

Before the World Cup I did, I was hugely against it but I never pretended not to watch it, I was always gonna watch it. It’s probably not ideal for the clubs and their players, we obviously got Martinez back much later than expected but as a fan I didn't mind it. Pre season was shorter and there was no actual break from football. My only concern around this World Cup in Saudi is the number of teams competing as it’s now 48 rather than 32.

I think I’m more concerned with the World Cup that’s starting in South America and then going over to Spain/Portugal/Morocco. South America can surely host the whole thing between a few nations. A lot of travelling and upheaval for the players/staff and even more so for the fans who’ll be paying for it. FIFA clearly doesn’t care for the environment that’s for sure.

Before the World Cup I did, I was hugely against it but I never pretended not to watch it, I was always gonna watch it. It’s probably not ideal for the clubs and their players, we obviously got Martinez back much later than expected but as a fan I didn't mind it. Pre season was shorter and there was no actual break from football. My only concern around this World Cup in Saudi is the number of teams competing as it’s now 48 rather than 32.

I think I’m more concerned with the World Cup that’s starting in South America and then going over to Spain/Portugal/Morocco. South America can surely host the whole thing between a few nations. A lot of travelling and upheaval for the players/staff and even more so for the fans who’ll be paying for it. FIFA clearly doesn’t care for the environment that’s for sure.
FIFA clearly doesn't care, full stop. It cares for it's coffers only, but we've known that for a long time. I suppose the big difference is that you enjoy your international football. I no longer watch it. I've gone from an avid England supporter to not caring about them at all. In fact under Southgates tenure I am actually delighted if they don't win, because hopefully it hastens the day that he goes. I watched about ten minutes of the last England games in Qatar, and just find it a bore that detracts from watching the Villa. The increase in the number of teams competing will just mean more pointless games and nobody is calling it out, so FIFA'S bandwagon rolls on.

FIFA clearly doesn't care, full stop. It cares for it's coffers only, but we've known that for a long time. I suppose the big difference is that you enjoy your international football. I no longer watch it. I've gone from an avid England supporter to not caring about them at all. In fact under Southgates tenure I am actually delighted if they don't win, because hopefully it hastens the day that he goes. I watched about ten minutes of the last England games in Qatar, and just find it a bore that detracts from watching the Villa. The increase in the number of teams competing will just mean more pointless games and nobody is calling it out, so FIFA'S bandwagon rolls on.
Its a conflict of interest really, much like UEFA. You can't have sporting integrity and money-making living in the same office.

A good hot take I saw recently is that UEFA and FIFA shouldn't be running competitions. They should be administrators and somebody else actually runs the competition. You've handed over two world cups to the middle east in 12 years. Hide behind growing the sport all you want but we're not dumb. It counts as Asia which is sad and frustrating and honestly shame on Australia for pulling out.

Why does every leader in the modern world think we're thick or that social media and the internet doesn't exist.

I enjoy football full stop and I enjoy watching the World Cup or Euros when it rolls round but overall like most I hate the international breaks that mean no club football for two weeks because usually they are pointless matches. I don’t really care for England anymore, Southgate, however well he is perceived to have done, has really turned me off England, generally I don’t watch them. When England lost the 2020 final I wasn’t particularly bothered. I do look forward to the world cup though, not for England but for the event itself and all the matches. I do worry with 48 teams it might become a bit diluted and have a number of dull matches of the Burnley v Fulham type, you get that a bit with 32 teams.

nice trip for the boro fans tonight for the magic of the carabao cup
- away to Exeter ~ 12hr round trip ?

be glad to get back to the league at the weekend -
away at Plymouth