Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 422 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Not a chance in hell Bruce will last the entire season. I can see them being rock bottom after 10 games. I'm honestly gobsmacked that he's managed to get another PL job, but then again I said the same about Lambert and he somehow got the Stoke gig (and got them relegated lol)

Good old Steve Bruce, maybe the last of the British manager merry go round clan. Tiny penis, fat Sam, wobble chops all yesterday's news now but this joker gets the gig at Newcastle because they haven't got the balls to go for someone like Dean smith.

I don't hold any ill will towards Bruce. True his stint with us didn't end well but I'll always thank him for John McGinn and the way he steadied the ship when he first came in. We were on the express elevator to the basement and he kept us out of the mire.

Last edited:
I don't hold any ill will towards Bruce. True his stint with us didn't end well but I'll always thank him for John McGinn and the way he studied the ship when he first came in. We were on the express elevator to the basement and he kept us out of the mire.
That goes for all previous managers. Most of the recent appointments were just not up to the job. SB certainly started clearing the decks under difficult circumstances. He was only held back by his "safety first" attitude to football and his lack of a clear and concise vision of how he wanted to play the game. This was best highlighted by the 4-1 win against the Dogheads to the subsequent no shows against lesser opposition a week later. He could always pull out a result but I never got the impression it was sustainable.

Fair play to Robinson in that he surpassed all my expectations since he’s left, I thought he’d be another Luke Moore or Harry Forester - making a career at a Kiddy Harriers type club, following lots of hype.

I’m not sure he’s PL quality but he’s only 24 so he has time to develop. I just hope Andre Green can improve and step up over the next year or two in the same way Robinson dis

Andre Green is now going to have some of the brightest young prospects to train with. That alone will raise his standards.

Added to that he has a coaching team that is proven to improve players. Let's just watch him develop and enjoy. Let's not slag him and write him off. He's still only 20 FFS.

Andre Green is now going to have some of the brightest young prospects to train with. That alone will raise his standards.

Added to that he has a coaching team that is proven to improve players. Let's just watch him develop and enjoy. Let's not slag him and write him off. He's still only 20 FFS.

It’s not slagging him off, it is however harsh reality though that he needs to improve quite a lot from where he is currently at. Seeing Robinson get a PL move gives me hope it can be done. No-one wants to see Green not make it

Last edited: