Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 942 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

There's the match, The biggest thing I take away is the level of quality we're used to in the Premiership and if we really were in any other Country we'd be in Europe every season.

There's the match, The biggest thing I take away is the level of quality we're used to in the Premiership and if we really were in any other Country we'd be in Europe every season.

Thats the funny thing players talk about wanting to play Champions League football but its really code for more money. Any player who wants Champions League football could just go to one of the bigger teams in another league.

Soton hitting some form. 1 up and looking good for it. Not going to be an easy ride next week

They're a decent team, another that tries to play high tempo and energetic and beat you with effort. Hassenhutl is a good tactician too. The main thing Southampton have is a striker who knows where the net is. They'd be a much different outfit without him because their other CFs have no notion where the goal is, a bit like ours.

Southampton, another high energy team that play with pace and don’t give you a moment’s peace. If we play a one paced game and don’t match them for effort we could have a problem.

Digne sent off, IMO not a red card at all and VAR upheld it.
Insane that the ref saw it as a red AND that VAR agreed. There are serious issues with the refereeing set up but it will be swept under the carpet again. Also did anyone see Maguires wrestling move to stop Azpilicueta winning a header in the box, no pen according to VAR, would have been different if it was down the other end

Insane that the ref saw it as a red AND that VAR agreed. There are serious issues with the refereeing set up but it will be swept under the carpet again. Also did anyone see Maguires wrestling move to stop Azpilicueta winning a header in the box, no pen according to VAR, would have been different if it was down the other end

That was a definite penalty against Maguire but it's manure so what else do we expect.

Everton have been worse than we were Friday night.

Shit happens.

Not watching the match but is that really possible ? We looked relegation fodder, It keeps things real if they really were that poor, but that doesn't bode well for us against Southampton, Hopefully we'll bounce back stronger.

These things happen in football, You don't realise where you need to strengthen on the training ground until you get mullered like we did.

I think players themselves need to take a personal responsibility in their every day lives to get fitter and be able to last 90minutes like Leeds did, I was so impressed with their workrate.

Not watching the match but is that really possible ? We looked relegation fodder, It keeps things real if they really were that poor, but that doesn't bode well for us against Southampton, Hopefully we'll bounce back stronger.

These things happen in football, You don't realise where you need to strengthen on the training ground until you get mullered like we did.

I think players themselves need to take a personal responsibility in their every day lives to get fitter and be able to last 90minutes like Leeds did, I was so impressed with their workrate.

Yes. Everton were dreadful and really it was a re run of Fridays game where Southampton were stronger , quicker more energetic and picked a poor Everton off.

Wolves only play second half and Newcastle don't play at all they just hang in and hope for a lucky goal
Bruce hell bent on not conceding at any cost, has made Newcastle so boring to watch.
Its a good job the toon arent allowed into St James Park because they would have been on his back by now.