Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3271 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Newcastle caught the full back condition of spending big and them turning out to be average - Targett £15m, Livermento £40m, Hall £28m - some serious dollar that is :whist:

Actually think they are gonna go this time as they are that bad at the moment. Beat Preston recently but it took one of their players falling on his arse to allow stansfield through to score. Huddersfield away is the key game but you can imagine how up for it they ought to be for that, Rotherham playing without any pressure now so who knows. Hopefully Norwich need a win last day too.
Other side of the coin? Blues and Baggies constantly poor dose no favours to the Villa. A competitive rival or two would give us regular kicks up the backside. Our part of the midlands has fallen away. As a nipper, Wolves were often top dogs and the Baggies were tegular top six. Baggies, Villa and Wolves won the FA Cup in the fifTties and early sixties and the latter won Championships.Villa on the up with clued up owners and team management.

Other side of the coin? Blues and Baggies constantly poor dose no favours to the Villa. A competitive rival or two would give us regular kicks up the backside. Our part of the midlands has fallen away. As a nipper, Wolves were often top dogs and the Baggies were tegular top six. Baggies, Villa and Wolves won the FA Cup in the fifTties and early sixties and the latter won Championships.Villa on the up with clued up owners and team management.

I agree. A local competitive rival would be good for Villa but in the meantime I want to see them suffer and go down again.

nope 'local' competition adds nowt apart from an odd shitty game -
our competition should be the big boys not local shite.

I think we need to not being overly arrogant though regarding our own development - things can change very quickly in football and having worse facilities than those on our own doorstep would be piss poor