Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3215 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Forget the useless bloke in charge and yet another uninspiring display. Three Villa players on the pitch in a game between England and Brazil….that’s what we should take away from the game tonight. Just five years ago, on the brink of administration…as far away from that kind of stat as we could have been!
Yeah I was pleased to see three Villa players on the pitch. Reckon the last time we had that many out was four in an Ireland v England game about thirty years a go. Think the players were Staunton, Houghton, Platt and Cowans. Remember feeling really proud that day.

If the Villa lost in that manner I'd be well pissed off and be fuming at the final whistle. I actually didn't give a F after the game. Beakey and the England set up have managed to totally turn me off from the national team.
I can't say I'm bothered about the tournament in Germany this summer.

If the Villa lost in that manner I'd be well pissed off and be fuming at the final whistle. I actually didn't give a F after the game. Beakey and the England set up have managed to totally turn me off from the national team.
I can't say I'm bothered about the tournament in Germany this summer.
Same, I don't care about international football under Southgate. Only interested in the major tournaments but only as a neutral really, I know England won't do anything under him.

Same, I don't care about international football under Southgate. Only interested in the major tournaments but only as a neutral really, I know England won't do anything under him.
Like the previous 16 managers since Alf Ramsey.
Out with Southgate, bring on the next clone.

Southgate is very popular with people who don't understand football, just as David Moyes is popular with West Ham fans, Some think they are good managers because they've never really seen a good manager.

BBC main sports writer blaming Watkins for his glaring miss when blazing over, no mention of the defender getting in a last second deflection as it comes to Ollie.
This is Southgate saying the same thing. Are we all wrong?
"I thought Ollie did a good job. He didn’t get that clear chance on goal but a lot of his work was very good. It was a good experiment.”

Bit harsh on Moyes that is - and comparing him to that bafoon
I was comparing their fans to England fans, in the way they view their manager. To people who only have a passing interest in football, tough on both of the managers but people who know about or care about football will understand how both sets of fans feel. Especially being told they should be grateful

Did he say that? What an idiot.
I've just re read that and in fairness to.him he could be saying that he didn't "get" the clear chance, not in the meaning that he missed that one, but that a clear chance didn't come his way. I like to think we are a fair bunch on here , so benefit of doubt maybe.

I was comparing their fans to England fans, in the way they view their manager. To people who only have a passing interest in football, tough on both of the managers but people who know about or care about football will understand how both sets of fans feel. Especially being told they should be grateful
That was the first time I’ve watched England since the last big tournament - never again - Southgate is such an entitled prick which adds to the torture

I didn’t watch it and judging by some of the comments I’m relieved. I see the international breaks as a exactly that nowadays, a break from football for a week. I am looking forward to the Euros though and not because of England.

It seems like the reaction to losing a friendly is way OTT.

I guess places like Talksport have nothing else to talk about.

I still keep falling back on the thought that 3 Villa players were on the pitch during an England v Brazil match.
Who’d a thunk it?

Seeing as Southgate is favourite for the manure job, he'll do everything he can to help them by wearing out our players or attempting to get them injured.