Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3077 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I'd be more worried about Madrid sniffing around Unai if Alonso goes to Liverpool instead of them (which seems likely). Just can't really see him at Liverpool. I really don't think he's going anywhere though.

Even if he fancied the job I think Unai would be very wary of an ownership model like FSG, we've provided him with his dream set-up, will take a bit more success at Villa before one of the behemoths will give him the complete control that he needs. Hopefully by which point we will be one anyway!

Even if he fancied the job I think Unai would be very wary of an ownership model like FSG, we've provided him with his dream set-up, will take a bit more success at Villa before one of the behemoths will give him the complete control that he needs. Hopefully by which point we will be one anyway!

As above Madrid would tempt Emery IMO. - Thats the worry.

I wonder if those sycophants Jamie Carragher and Danny Murphy will champion Stevie G for the Liverpool job like they did when he was with us. Somehow I highly doubt it.
Always thought he would return to Liverpool in a minor backroom role .....that's his best chance of getting the top job when it comes around.

He certainly wouldn’t be given the amount of control he has at Villa if he were to join Liverpool. Not sure if would appeal to him

He certainly wouldn’t be given the amount of control he has at Villa if he were to join Liverpool. Not sure if would appeal to him

Think control is overrated - Emery has publicly stated he wants to win the CL and whilst I don't think he will be offered the pool job - if he is offered a chance at a club capable of winning the CL he would give it serious consideration.

Think control is overrated - Emery has publicly stated he wants to win the CL and whilst I don't think he will be offered the pool job - if he is offered a chance at a club capable of winning the CL he would give it serious consideration.
I'd bet good money on Unai not wanting the Madrid job. It would be all the issues he had at Arsenal x 10 .