Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 2979 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Newcastle starting to look like they did under Bruce, which is hardly surprising as most of the players are still playing.

Eddie Howe has done an amazing job there to get that team into the CL and believing they deserve to be there.

He will probably get the axe sooner rather than later and the narrative will be that Howe just another failed English manager like Bruce but he absolutely isn't.

He would be a great appointment for Chelsea.

Eddie Howe has done an amazing job there to get that team into the CL and believing they deserve to be there.

He will probably get the axe sooner rather than later and the narrative will be that Howe just another failed English manager like Bruce but he absolutely isn't.

He would be a great appointment for Chelsea.
Yep he'd do well keeping Chelsea mediocre

It looks like sacking season is very close. There are lots of clubs who have been reluctant to pull the trigger who are getting itchy fingers now.

Interestingly, it seems that it's the bigger clubs that are sharpening their swords.

With the 5th spot no longer a Champions League position as Newcastle and Man U drop out, it does add little pressure.

Taking stock of where we are...Man U won't be catching us. They're a mess. Chelsea certainly won't. Newcastle have injuries, and even a full strength Newcastle would struggle to close that gap.

Head says the only team that could realistically catch us is Tottenham.

They have decent fixtures (on paper) now all the way up to us in March. A lot can happen in that time, but I expect to be playing them in good form so it's looking like a top 4 decider. We will need to win that game. Their April/May is horrendous, so this would be the nail in their CL coffin.

Our fixtures are okay, but a real mix so it'll be tough to put a run together. Squeak out points and beat Tottenham, and I can't see anyone catching us.

With the 5th spot no longer a Champions League position as Newcastle and Man U drop out, it does add little pressure.
What if Man City and Arsenal get to the final, Brighton and Liverpool get to the final of the Europa and we win the conference, pretty sure that puts the English sides top of the coefficient ranking. Currently, we are behind Germany and Italy but its not yet over is it?

Taking stock of where we are...Man U won't be catching us. They're a mess. Chelsea certainly won't. Newcastle have injuries, and even a full strength Newcastle would struggle to close that gap.

They have decent fixtures (on paper) now all the way up to us in March. A lot can happen in that time, but I expect to be playing them in good form so it's looking like a top 4 decider. We will need to win that game. Their April/May is horrendous, so this would be the nail in their CL coffin.

Our fixtures are okay, but a real mix so it'll be tough to put a run together. Squeak out points and beat Tottenham, and I can't see anyone catching us.
Famous last words :ROFLMAO:

No chickens here to count at the moment, let's get through the festive period and New Year and re-evaluate. While Unai has said that it's ok to dream, he's also been very pragmatic and is taking each game on it's merits. I'm firmly with him and suggest that we should only start talking about a crack at the top 4 after 30 games, there is so much that can go wrong in between that it really isn't realistic to talk about it now. We really are lucky to have him, he's managing all of us :ROFLMAO:

Agree that Spurs are the biggest threat. Wouldnt totally write off the other two but I think we can do it if we stay injury free.

With Spurs I think Ange-ball looks very randomized and unpredictable now but with more games you get more data and the patterns will emerge. I also think Ange may need a large squad with good quality to keep it up. There are elements of Bielsa-ball to their team.

Agree that Spurs are the biggest threat. Wouldnt totally write off the other two but I think we can do it if we stay injury free.

With Spurs I think Ange-ball looks very randomized and unpredictable now but with more games you get more data and the patterns will emerge. I also think Ange may need a large squad with good quality to keep it up. There are elements of Bielsa-ball to their team.
Newcastle are the same. Too intense and not enough control for compact schedules. If Tottenham do qualify for Europe next year, they'll struggle more than we do for example. It already broken Newcastle.

I see Arteta has evaded a ban for his Newcastle 'disgrace' comments claiming he got mixed up with similar Spanish words that mean 'misfortune'.
They fell for it!