Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 265 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I caught something about waiting for the investigation to finish and they wanted to double check paperwork to ensure it had been right.

Understandable maybe, but stalling tactic as they have said they will pay.

To be fair to them the deal had been done and it’s not their fault what happened afterwards once the player was contracted to another club. The payment had been agreed so I don’t know what Cardiff’s defense for not paying up is.

There's a moral factor, really disrespectful from Nantes if you ask me.

To be fair to them the deal had been done and it’s not their fault what happened afterwards once the player was contracted to another club. The payment had been agreed so I don’t know what Cardiff’s defense for not paying up is.

I don't really care either way, just thought the timing was a little off seeing as they've not yet confirmed they have found his body.

But agree, the deal has been signed and sealed, Nantes are presumably due payment of some sort. No idea if there would be any insurance in place for a player who's been transferred but is unable to take up his role at his new club, for whatever reason.

In fairness SSV, from a legal perspective if Cardiff are late on the owed first payment, it's procedural from Nantes and not actually out of order. From what I've read I guess this is one of those where both clubs might look back and wish they had had some contact to find agreement before Lawyer 1 says 'not paying until we have all the facts' leaving Lawyer 2 to say 'the deal was agreed, pay up and consider this a letter before action'.

In fairness SSV, from a legal perspective if Cardiff are late on the owed first payment, it's procedural from Nantes and not actually out of order. From what I've read I guess this is one of those where both clubs might look back and wish they had had some contact to find agreement before Lawyer 1 says 'not paying until we have all the facts' leaving Lawyer 2 to say 'the deal was agreed, pay up and consider this a letter before action'.

A bit gritty though, JPA has a really good point too about timing.

On another note, what a pathetic bunch WBA fans are, it's as empty as the sty and they actually think they beat us in attendaces. Tin pot club.