Opening day record | Vital Football

Opening day record

Long suffering Imp

Vital Squad Member
Thought in the absence of any news articles whatsoever from our own Lincs Echo (pathetic) I'd put up a link from the Peterborough telegraph which sheds new optimism on our trip to Bolton. (I know it's a nothing article in terms of meaning but at least it's an article we're involved in). The editor of the echo should hang their head in shame, it's ridiculous the lack of coverage.

Thought in the absence of any news articles whatsoever from our own Lincs Echo (pathetic) I'd put up a link from the Peterborough telegraph which sheds new optimism on our trip to Bolton. (I know it's a nothing article in terms of meaning but at least it's an article we're involved in). The editor of the echo should hang their head in shame, it's ridiculous the lack of coverage.

Natalie Fahy sends her regards.

What are you on about? The Echo site published an article on Lincoln City only 36 days ago.

I used to be a regular visitor to the Echo's website, and even complained to the editor a couple of times about the lack of coverage. I tried to get through to her that we have a fan base that must be close to 10,000 - many of whom were potential Echo website visitors, and many too have been Echo readers for decades.

As their advertising revenue is heavily related to site visitors, I thought that point might get through to her. However there was a total lack of interest from her and her Sports Editor.

As a result, I can't recall the last time I visited the Echo site. Its not anything to do with the Group who own the paper. They also own the equivalent in Portsmouth and Peterborough, and their coverage puts the Lincolnshire Echo to shame - as does the coverage by countless other papers owned by that Company.

Many of us go back to the MB days when the Echo was the only source of LCFC news. I remember as a kid waiting anxiously for it to appear through our letterbox, and there was rarely an evening when there was not a City article on the back page. Its so sad there is now no interest due to bad local management.