Open letter to Forest supporters from new chairman Nicholas Randall | Vital Football

Open letter to Forest supporters from new chairman Nicholas Randall

Widdow

Vital 1st Team Regular
Speaking sense

As forest fans we have come to learn over last 15 years is after all is said and done, more is said than done

Looking at that seems not going to be throwing money at it with FFP and probably will have to sell players so they can invest in shuffling the pack.

So will it be bye bye Bereton and Britt?

Hopefully not to find the sort of crap and now deadwood we seen come in, especially last summer and January (which was on the Greeks watch so to speak)

Good read though, shame he doesnt start till end of month

http://m.nottinghampost.com/an-open-letter-to-nottingham-forest-fans-from-new-chairman-nicholas-randall/story-30364663-detail/story.html

He said he also been reading forums, so hoping he has been on Vital. Happy to speak to him if he wants some "shop floor" advice from a fan who has never had the wool pulled over my eyes.

Widdow - 1/6/2017 07:22

He said he also been reading forums, so hoping he has been on Vital. Happy to speak to him if he wants some "shop floor" advice from a fan who has never had the wool pulled of my eyes.

".....a fan who has never had the wool pulled of my eyes"

Really!

Long winded and rambling at times but he's a lawyer so it's to be expected I guess.

It all makes sense although judging by the way FFP was raised, I'm now expecting at least one high profile sale this summer.

A breath of fresh air to what we've had to put up in the past.

However, player sales seem almost inevitable before we can strengthen the team.

I wonder what plans they have for the ground? The main stand is rotten.

All he is doing is tempering expectations:

"We believe that the club in its current state is not fit for purpose"

"Thirdly, we know that the necessary infrastructure is not in place to take the club forward."

"The vacuum in leadership that has existed at the club has inevitably led to some practices being followed which are hostile to the long term success of the club."

"Although we believe in aiming high we also need to be realistic. The league table does not lie and, whether we like it or not, the club only just escaped relegation this season. To use the medical analogy the club is in intensive care."

"However, that is a task that will take time. Put bluntly we will be hampered by Financial Fair Play in the short to medium term. This means that we do not have a free hand on the financial side to simply invest sums when we see fit.
There are financial holes that already need to be filled and on occasions we may have to shuffle the pack of cards we have been given in order to remain within the rules."

I don't think there is anything there that we did not already know; we are a selling club, of that there is no doubt.

At least there is no patronising rubbish about third stars.

Phatnovice - 1/6/2017 07:37

Long winded and rambling at times but he's a lawyer so it's to be expected I guess.

It all makes sense although judging by the way FFP was raised, I'm now expecting at least one high profile sale this summer.

This. But the intelligence comes.across well and all of the big issues have been addressed imo.

I cannot compare.my level of cofidence that they will follow through with my level under fookwas. If they do then regardless of whether or not we r in the Prem we will have a club to be proud of.

personally I was so desperate for us to do well, like many I went easy on the scrutiny for a.while before it became unbearably obvious we had a retard in charge. Think this time is different- full scrutiny from the beginning. so while cofidence has been restored we are back to hear what they say, see what they actually do.

Every owners dream. Buy a young player for £2 and sell him 2 years later for £2 million. Nothing new there. The trick is being successful enough to placate the fans, that is very difficult to do.We will see just how difficult it is after about 10 games next season when the usual people on here get into owner kicking mode.

jbacsta - 1/6/2017 07:56

Every owners dream. Buy a young player for £2 and sell him 2 years later for £2 million. Nothing new there. The trick is being successful enough to placate the fans, that is very difficult to do.We will see just how difficult it is after about 10 games next season when the usual people on here get into owner kicking mode.

I see u think he will get a honeymoon period then- 10 weeks :19:

"However, that is a task that will take time. Put bluntly we will be hampered by Financial Fair Play in the short to medium term. This means that we do not have a free hand on the financial side to simply invest sums when we see fit."

I was cynical with it when I started but in fairness he has done something previous owners have never done.

He has dampened expectations.

No third star.

One target only- to finish above 21st next season and survive by more than goal difference whilst moving forward in stability and management.

Fine, I can live with that now I know.

In fact, he's dampened the next 2-3 seasons in the sense that we now have to get rid of the big contracts of the Fawaz era before we can really invest. Too many Fryatts, Hobbs's and other over renumerated players. Fine, I can accept that. I love the championship and am happy just to be there.

Problems with shifting the pack though is replacements.

Britt is irreplacable. No other player we could ever afford is likely to have his goals per minute ratio, his strength, his ability. He was a significant contributor to our survival and without doubt we would have gone done without him. I think we still will.

We cannot afford a replacement of anything like his quality. If we are to go up in the future it is by having players like Britt, not selling them.

Brereton can go as soon as the transfer window opens for me. No time for contract rebels

Fantastic letter, it really put a smile on my face. I'm increasingly confident that we will soon be on the right tracks.

Word of advice, be as clear as you can be about finances and where we stand against ffp. Although being disappointed fans will understand if high earning players have to move on if we are sailing too close to the wind.

Had the same feeling as many on reading that. Expecting a big departure, probably Brereton, but suspect they're a little more ambitious for next season than they're letting on. Clever to be cautious though.

its nice knowing that there is somebody helping run the club with an actual brain for the first time in years!

Feel very positive reading that. The cancer is gone. Time to build again.

on another note...looks like one of our most valuable assets will be sold to balance the books.

Brereton? Britt?