One year... | Vital Football

One year...

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
...today since I last saw my beloved Gills in the flesh, a fairly turgid 0-0 draw away at Lincoln.

Cracking balti pies and a few liveners in the Imp & Angel micropub just round the corner with some good pals. Then getting on the wrong train back at the station and consequently missing my own leaving me with an hour wait.

Brought home to me how much I miss an away day. When we can finally get back into grounds I will make sure I'm at the first away game regardless of distance or kick-off time hopefully alongside hundreds and hundreds of my fellow football-starved Gills.

UTG!

Right now I would settle for watching my village team play cricket in nice warm sunshine with a alcoholic drink in my hand.Come July ,August I might just be chopping at the bit to see our lads play again as nothing in my view comes close to a live game.Yes I agree that away games can be more enjoyable although I am not sure how many games I can get to from here both financially and time wise.One of the reason that I am not spending much on TV soccer at present is to save it for the real stuff that I enjoy far more.

...today since I last saw my beloved Gills in the flesh, a fairly turgid 0-0 draw away at Lincoln.

Cracking balti pies and a few liveners in the Imp & Angel micropub just round the corner with some good pals. Then getting on the wrong train back at the station and consequently missing my own leaving me with an hour wait.

Brought home to me how much I miss an away day. When we can finally get back into grounds I will make sure I'm at the first away game regardless of distance or kick-off time hopefully alongside hundreds and hundreds of my fellow football-starved Gills.

UTG!

I enjoyed last season`s visit to Lincoln, always do, one of the nicest places we visit for footy. Like you, missing the special flavour of an away day with the Gills very much but, for fans, there are some (odd) ups as wells as downs to the current situation.

Whilst I`d love to be at the new Wimbledon stadium tomorrow, it`s also true that, for some of us who live a long way from Kent, current troubles have enabled us to see, via iFollow, every single Gills home game as well as all away games !

I realise that it`s not the same as actually "being there" but, in a "normal" season i`d only get to see a handful of home games in person. Not great, I know but an appreciated consolation nevertheless.

We almost share a memory Herr..... I last saw them on the 15th of February home, against Doncaster - thankfully the result was positive for us - a 2-1 victory for the boys in blue even though we didn't score a single goal! There was much frivolity in the Medway stand with the both the goals although it was quite hard to see them. The sun was out that day and everyone knows what that means if you're sat is the MS!

UTG!

I havent seen The Gills since 7th March 2015!

No, I know what you mean. You can still watch in a crowd but everyone's rooting for the same team (artist), very rarely disappointed with performance and you don't have to stand outside in the freezing cold!!
Tell them that at Glastonbury after one and half days of heavy rain, standing in quagmire with an ice cold wind in your neck. I thought it was bloody freezing (it was probably 10 or 13c to be honest) and decided I had had enough. Never went again......

Tell them that at Glastonbury after one and half days of heavy rain, standing in quagmire with an ice cold wind in your neck. I thought it was bloody freezing (it was probably 10 or 13c to be honest) and decided I had had enough. Never went again......

Not to mention the delightful toilet facilities?

I would call that a festival rather than a gig but bad luck on the old Glasto weather lottery. Lovely sunshine for me!

I actually miss gigs more than football. Does that make me a bad person?

Totally agree, I'm in the same boat, yeah I miss football but music gigs even more, better and livelier atmosphere than you get at football matches these days, let's face it Priestfield has been like a library in recent years anyway apart from the West Ham Cup game etc.

Although, with fans being starved of attending football for so long I'm sure the atmosphere will be quality when Gills score on return of fans. It will be good to see some old faces I'm looking forward to that just as much as the football itself. 👍🏻

I actually miss gigs more than football. Does that make me a bad person?

Not a bad person, but a bit of a tool on my humblest. I like a gig myself, but it is no replacement for the passion, occasional entertainment and often the ordel of following watching your football team!