one year ago | Vital Football

one year ago

devonexlondonimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Let`s go back 12 months and i remember we played braintree at home and won 3-0 a score that flattered us.
at the time we had no idea what a fa cup run we would have or any vision of promotionback to the football league.

We have just had a 7000 crowd for a tuesday home game against a poorly supported side whose fans were in awe of their tuesday night experience at gantry bank.

The lincoln loco is all stoked up for saturday leaving 07.00 from london , and looking forward to the game,we are living the dream and don`t you forget it.

yeah we can`t win every week and that would be boring too(like chelsea and mufc) but
we have got a tip,top management team and the best dressed director in league 2(nice jacket bob)
other fans envy our turnout and loyal support(that could have only have been a dream 5 years ago when we averaged 2200(some crowds dipping to 1300)

Lets enjoy the moment and have some fun
see you all at cleethorpes

devonexlondonimp - 28/9/2017 11:19

won 3-0 a score that flattered us

I agree with the general sentiment of your post, but that Braintree score flattered us?? That's not how I remember that match.

But then it might be my memory gone wrong.

just picked that phrase out of my 2016 diary as that`s what i wrote at the time, in those good old days when you could sit anywhere in the coop and you didn`t need to queue to exit the stand at full time.

GoBC - 28/9/2017 11:28

won 3-0 a score that flattered us

I agree with the general sentiment of your post, but that Braintree score flattered us?? That's not how I remember that match.

But then it might be my memory gone wrong.

No idea what you are talking about. I only started going after Ipswich.

Last season by the end of September we had lost 4 games, this season with one game to to in September we have lost 3, so we are not doing to bad at all.

glory hunters all welcome,especially in coop stand on a cold february it`s going to be a lot warmer with all those extra heads when the rain and wind starts blowing from the north.!!!!!

jal jal - 28/9/2017 11:52

Last season by the end of September we had lost 4 games, this season with one game to to in September we have lost 3, so we are not doing to bad at all.

Puts things into perspective as I felt we had had a slow start this season. Of course we signed Theo last year. Hopefully we can get a free agent in to put a few in the back of the net.

For all those who one year ago missed the goals v braintree see the link below

look out for all the empty seats in the coop and the sad view of an empty stacey weststand.
then we were economising with stewarding and kept it closed for that reason.
it all seems like years ago but only 12 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRyeEhgqJTg

Ah the eloquence of Mr Ashton, "That was poor goalying, want it.." (sic)

I mean he's not wrong but lordy...

That's a good one, but my favourite line of his from last year was, "Calm as a cucumber", as Marriott slotted the ball into the net (v Tranmere, I reckon).

That's the proper Lincs pronounciation - koookumba - as you'll no doubt be aware.

devonexlondonimp - 28/9/2017 16:28

look out for all the empty seats in the coop and the sad view of an empty stacey weststand.

Thing is, that crowd was a massive improvement on the previous several seasons. You could feel the Loco picking up speed.

What a finish by Muldoon too.

jal jal - 28/9/2017 11:52

Last season we had played 12 games by the end of September. Won 7 drew 1 and lost 4. That was more than a tquarter of our league games We played another 12 games before Christmas winning 9 and drawing 3 before the Guiseley Boxing Day defeat.
I think DC knows what he is doing, gonna be another barnstorming season.

GoBC - 28/9/2017 17:50

That's a good one, but my favourite line of his from last year was, "Calm as a cucumber", as Marriott slotted the ball into the net (v Tranmere, I reckon).

That's the proper Lincs pronounciation - koookumba - as you'll no doubt be aware.

More quotes please, they were ace! I remember my mates and I years ago being described as "the wich lads" as we about to board a supporters coach.

kwiss has one top term which he will go to his grave with and that is--what counts is hitting the onion bag (goals to you and me)

Dear old Kwiss, an English teacher by trade I believe or was? Retired now I think.
The crowd that day was a decent 3554 up a 1000 on the previous season, amazing to think we got double that Tuesday.
The last year has turned my daughter from an occasional fan into a proper little Imp, she can't wait to go again!
She was awake at half 7 Saturday as she was so excited to be going her first away day derby (pity about what happened later in the day...)
This truly is a special time to be a supporter of LCFC, just hope can unearth another out of contract gem to stick some of these chances away, Matty Fryatt still want a club?

devonexlondonimp - 28/9/2017 16:28

Excellent stuff - especially as YouTube then insisted on showing me the highlights of the away game at Forest Green immediately afterwards...

devonexlondonimp - 28/9/2017 19:47

kwiss has one top term which he will go to his grave with and that is--what counts is hitting the onion bag (goals to you and me)

I suspect that kind of terminology comes from the football comics we used to get in the 60s and 70s - the likes of Roy of the Rovers and Nipper Lawrence (I've forgotten what his particular story was called). The difference is, most of us left it in the 60s and 70s where it belonged.

other fans envy our turnout and loyal support(that could have only have been a dream 5 years ago when we averaged 2200(some crowds dipping to 1300)

Lets enjoy the moment and have some fun
see you all at cleethorpes

Can we call it loyal support when this is the first time in 11 years we've filled the away end at Blundell Park and we hadn't averaged more than 2600 at home matches until we had success? Agree that our support is enviable right now, but loyal it ain't. Hopefully when the good times end, which they inevitably do for all teams, our support will hold out a lot better than previously.