One thing is for sure... | Vital Football

One thing is for sure...

HarrowGill

Vital Youth Team
We need a striker. Evans himself said that we lacked a 'sniper' up front.

Had we had a goal-scoring striker, then we would have likely punished West Ham in the first-half, as they struggled with our aerial play and were leaving too many spaces for us to exploit.

Sure, Hanlan makes a very, very good attacking midfielder, but a prolific striker he is not.

I suspect Evans will make clear to Scally that we can only realistically hope to progress into the play-off or automatic promotion spots through the acquisition of a decent forward during the January transfer window. No promising, non-league teenager b0ll0cks, but a decent lower league target man, or better.

Otherwise, the best we can hope for is finishing in the top-half before rebuilding ahead of next season in June. Here's hoping that he sees sense.

For me, what we need is a goalscorer, ideally a targetman who's good in there air. I'd see an ideal frontline of Hanlon and Jakubiak playing wide either side of a targetman in a 4-3-3/4-5-1, with decent back-up for the forward positions in Mandron, Marshall and Lee who can play just in behind the front 2.