One for the stattos | Vital Football

One for the stattos

Warrington Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
When was the last time we had two consecutive home gates of 6000+ I presume it must have been in KA's time.

And I believe our record unbeaten run is 18 games, I make our present run at 16 games so if we do not lose against Nantwich and the 2 Guisley games we will break the club record?

Today's gate was probably in the region of an extra £30k in the coffers. Add in the cup run and the finances must be looking OK.

Quite extraordinary. Amazing how the fans have come back. I have memories of walking into the coop and less than 1900'in the ground when the game started. Great to see the fans back

The 18-game run was in the Football League only.

The record in the Conference was 16 league games unbeaten in 1987-88.

Warrington Imp - 17/12/2016 17:42

When was the last time we had two consecutive home gates of 6000+ I presume it must have been in KA's time.

Yes it was, we drew 1-1 against Rochdale on the 7th of May 2006 in front of 7165 and the following week lost 0-1 against Grimsby in the first leg of the play-offs when the gate was 8037

NottyImp - 17/12/2016 17:47

Today's gate was probably in the region of an extra £30k in the coffers. Add in the cup run and the finances must be looking OK.

The last couple of gates have been absolutely incredible. The temptation must be speculate to accumulate player wise. It's no guarantee, of course, but it must be being considered.

Well done Evensteven 10 years since 2 consecutive 6000+ gates and should be a 3rd as well with the Guisley game to come.

SIMJON - 18/12/2016 08:02

NottyImp - 17/12/2016 17:47

The last couple of gates have been absolutely incredible. The temptation must be speculate to accumulate player wise. It's no guarantee, of course, but it must be being considered.

Agreed. A possible opportunity to sign a couple of key players. I can't see either the Board or the Cowleys rushing into this, though.

Warrington Imp, were you sat just behind us at Chester with your Mrs, your lad and his mate? I was with my Mrs and my two boys. Going to Nantwich? Ipswich? Now there's one for the statto's, has another other club player consecutive cup games against opposition ending with 'wich'? I need to get out more!

Is it just me who was a little surprised to see we are only 12 points better off than this point last season, don't get me wrong 12 points is still great improvement but with the feeling around the team and club it feels like we are more like 20-25 points better off.

Woodis - 18/12/2016 09:25

Warrington Imp, were you sat just behind us at Chester with your Mrs, your lad and his mate? I was with my Mrs and my two boys. Going to Nantwich? Ipswich? Now there's one for the statto's, has another other club player consecutive cup games against opposition ending with 'wich'? I need to get out more!

Probably, any team who played both Norwich and Ipswich perhaps?

mstevo - 18/12/2016 10:32

Is it just me who was a little surprised to see we are only 12 points better off than this point last season, don't get me wrong 12 points is still great improvement but with the feeling around the team and club it feels like we are more like 20-25 points better off.

On the other hand we're only 9 points behind the total points gained last season !

Red Wimp - 18/12/2016 11:53

On the other hand we're only 9 points behind the total points gained last season !

That tells you a lot about the second half of that season, doesn't it?

NottyImp - 18/12/2016 11:54

I was going to say something very similar. We were actually doing quite well last season up to Christmas, then the wheels came off somewhat. If the Cowleys do believe their teams are better in the second half of a season then things are looking good. Still think Barrow are the biggest threat to our season.

Over the first half of last season, City were 4th; over the second half of the season, they were 22nd - only Altrincham and Welling picked up fewer points.

NottyImp - 18/12/2016 11:54

Just waiting for the Cowleys opinion to come true that we will be better in the second half of this season than the first. Will be some season if they are right, and they have been so far !