On this day | Page 32 | Vital Football

On this day

When I saw him for the first time (on the A Ground, Eckington v Chesterfield U18's) he only score 3.....Alan Birchenal score 5or 6 but later played in midfield.
Taken from his wiki page

Jones scored 63 goals in 149 appearances for the Blades, and had earned two caps for England when he joined Leeds in September 1967 for £100,000, prompting the Sheffield United manager, , to remark "it would be the biggest mistake the club had ever made".

Mick Hill? Greatest player I ever saw was Joe Shaw and most who saw TC and Jimmy Hagan say Hagan was much better.
My dear owd Dad alluss told me Hagan was the better player but i only saw him once in a testimonial i think it may have been Hodgy's and i told mi Dad, Hagan was crap compared to TC,he replied well Jimmy was abart 60 year old at the time.:giggle: UTB

Taken from his wiki page

Jones scored 63 goals in 149 appearances for the Blades, and had earned two caps for England when he joined Leeds in September 1967 for £100,000, prompting the Sheffield United manager, , to remark "it would be the biggest mistake the club had ever made".
I missed the next home match in protest Bully. I was a very upset teenager.

Great memory! Pre social media and score App days of course and I was at a seminar in London and missed it. I phoned the Mrs about 10pm and she told me the score was 6-0 but people thought I was on the wind up. The news filtered through and the celebrations went on into the early hours, I think the one and only time that I've celebrated with Gooners.