On This Day In 2005 - Garry Monk OG | Vital Football

On This Day In 2005 - Garry Monk OG

Injury time own goal winner if memory serves. Very tight match between two evenly matched teams which when you consider how they flew up the leagues showed again just what could have been with that extra bit of luck

OG was so much better in the old day! Don't suppose the bookies paid out at 50/1 for Monks effort or the last City player to touch the ball. Lee Thorpe and Kevin Austin in the away squads. Note had grown up slightly and stopped marking up the teams on the programme so these are in good nick whereas later ones are messed up with greasy food finger marks from the younger generation enrolled into the Imp family.
swan7.jpg

Injury time own goal winner if memory serves. Very tight match between two evenly matched teams which when you consider how they flew up the leagues showed again just what could have been with that extra bit of luck

My memory of an injury OG winner (at the SW end) is around Christmas 2002, with us again winning 1-0. That was the year Swans nearly went down and they were very unlucky to lose that day.

My memory of an injury OG winner (at the SW end) is around Christmas 2002, with us again winning 1-0. That was the year Swans nearly went down and they were very unlucky to lose that day.
Yes I remember that game we had won the previous game at Macc 1 nil with a last minute goal as well.

I remember it being a dreadful game finished off by a bizarre own goal deep into injury time. Think the Swans were very near the bottom at the time.