On reflection | Vital Football

On reflection

banjo9

Vital Squad Member
The decision by Ashley not to sign a single player yesterday indicates that he's trying to force Pardew to resign. For a club that finished 5th bottom last season not to strengthen its squad is suicide. There's no way that Pardew was ever going to get away with saying that Ashley under achieved last season. Now Pardew has questions to answer and even he is running out of bullshit.

I agree, Pardew is basically being told to work with what he has and if he doesn't like it he knows where the exit door is. They brought him 5 players in January and the only aim in this window was a replacement for Ba, and that is his lot

Why would pardew resign when he can get sacked and he gets compo. the man has no dignity. if fatty is going to sack him i wish it was now.

Again, I don't think this is about forcing Pardew's hand - I think Kinnear was a smokescreen for another summer of no spending.

At least we managed to fend off the top clubs bidding for our best players, Cabaye is like a new signing and Shola gets the chance to elevate himself up the list of all time scorers for us. 5 more goals and he will be in the top 15.

Maybe Llambias came good at the end and knew what was coming and rather than face the ridicule he knew would be forthcoming he decided to call it a day.

banjo9 - 3/9/2013 08:00

The decision by Ashley not to sign a single player yesterday indicates that he's trying to force Pardew to resign.

Could be banjo,
or a more likely scenario imo, is that he spent all the money he was willing to on Sissoko-Gouffran-Mbiwa etc the previous transfer window.

Pardew was knocking on his door looking for more players, so hired JK to deal with that little problem.

Where's this mythical 30m we spent in the January transfer window everybody keeps banging on about. We spent a net 10m with the money banked from the Ba sale. Surely we are not counting salaries because if we are we have got Harper, Perch, Simpson, Ranger and Xisco of the payroll (as well as Ba) to counteract that argument. Why do the press just bandy figures about without looking a little deeper into them. It's as if they are all on the FCB's payroll.

no other reason for it other than to get Pardew to quit so they are off
the hook for the payoff to him. Kinnear is just Ashleys' shield so he
doesn't have to hear Pardews' complaining. The entire group doesn't
give a shit about anything but their next check and how much it will
be.

It was a smokescreen Taff and everyone connected with the club will be keeping a low profile hoping the two week absence from domestic football will somehow make all of this three month charade seem like a distant memory.

Kinnear did what he was brought in to do. Take the heat away from the Fatman just as Del Boy used to. However lets not be under any illusions here, the Ayatollah didnt want to spend money so no money was spent. Pardwho, Carr, JFK all knew that but went through with the pantomime “Oh yes it is, Oh no it isnt” routine to try to appease expectant fans.

Fatman will hope that all will be forgotten if not forgiven and normal service will be resumed at Villa Park on the 14th. Its up to all fans to ensure that doesnt happen.

http://www.nufc.com/ .coms take on it seems to endorse the view ?

vin1892 - 3/9/2013 11:34

Where's this mythical 30m we spent in the January transfer window everybody keeps banging on about. We spent a net 10m with the money banked from the Ba sale. Surely we are not counting salaries because if we are we have got Harper, Perch, Simpson, Ranger and Xisco of the payroll (as well as Ba) to counteract that argument. Why do the press just bandy figures about without looking a little deeper into them. It's as if they are all on the FCB's payroll.

Lazy lazy journalism, or the cynic in me thinks they pander to whatever the PR/spin dept at Darkness Towers gives them. It's a shame we don't have enough fans who can think for themselves and question what's put in front of them.

This whole charade hjas been going on for some time now, but look at how long the masses have been defending Ashley & co. You couldn't make it up.

If the Fatman and his merry band of arse licking cronies had said at the start of the summer they werent buying any other players apart from Remy, even the happy clappers would have had issues with that. So just keep the myth going long enough to milk the poor saps out of their season ticket money then let them down again.

I assume no one but NO ONE will be surprised when this happens next year ?

Haven't they done this before... Fucked us over and then went into hiding for an international break. Come back and all the muppets are lining up to get back in the Sports Direct Arena as if nothing has happened.

"I hate Ashley & Kinnear but I love nufc so I won't be protesting"

That's from a lad we met in Lisbon.

Nobody's prepared to make an effort

poisoned_monkey - 3/9/2013 12:31

"I hate Ashley & Kinnear but I love nufc so I won't be protesting"

That's from a lad we met in Lisbon.

Nobody's prepared to make an effort

The kid you met in Lisbon is a bell end