Olly Lee | Vital Football

Olly Lee

on loan. Never look back although in this case I think it's just what we need? Discuss.

Gills 93 already started, but, if i were a Bristol Rovers fan, I`d have to accept that you got the name in a title bar first, my luvverlee.

Nice to see Olly back but, IMO, not an upgrade and not where we need reinforcing the most. Going over to G93`s thread now....

Not sure which thread to use now!

Olly has been given number 11, which was Trae Coyles number, so without the club actually confirming Coyle has gone back, it would seem he has.

I hope they wash the shirts on a hot wash to kill the Covid virus.. or would the polyester shrink? ;-))

Possibly shows how limited funds are.At least he will be in the regular 14.Can't see the current fringe midfield players getting on the pitch regularly especially if O'Keefe returns to the starting line up.

didn't realise it was his third time on loan!

Yes, he was shit first time, but decent last time. Good signing and much needed experience to our midfield. For me, shipping out Eccles and Robertson and getting Lee back and the Southampton lad is an upgrade. We don't know what the Saints boy will do, but he, like Robertson, has potential, so could well be good. We know what Lee can do, so thumbs up from me.

Very pleased to see Olly back. Can be really good on his day plus he brings a great deal of much needed experience to the young squad we have.

Yes, he was shit first time, but decent last time. Good signing and much needed experience to our midfield. For me, shipping out Eccles and Robertson and getting Lee back and the Southampton lad is an upgrade. We don't know what the Saints boy will do, but he, like Robertson, has potential, so could well be good. We know what Lee can do, so thumbs up from me.
Agree but with our "style" of play it doesn't matter who we have in midfield as they are almost completely bypassed.

Agree but with our "style" of play it doesn't matter who we have in midfield as they are almost completely bypassed.

I get you but at least part of that was down to the strength/experience/quality of those in midfield. Defenders will hoof if there is no one available, or if they don't trust others with the ball. I am hopeful of a modest improvement in this aspect of our play.

I get you but at least part of that was down to the strength/experience/quality of those in midfield. Defenders will hoof if there is no one available, or if they don't trust others with the ball. I am hopeful of a modest improvement in this aspect of our play.
A good midfielder makes space for him to be available to receive the ball from a defender.
We haven’t been doing that, hence ....... have it thump

Fair point. Hope you are right.