Ole Gunner - appointed Manure Manager | Vital Football

Ole Gunner - appointed Manure Manager

Lets see what Poch can do with the players in the run in.
He might surprise us. So might the players. I remain unconvinced that he is able to deliver a trophy whereas an Ancillotti or Rafa would.

He might surprise us. So might the players. I remain unconvinced that he is able to deliver a trophy whereas an Ancillotti or Rafa would.

Well the only trophy we're still in is the CL now, and we all know that there is almost zero chance of that happening....but it's nice to hold onto the fantasy for a little while longer!

The managers you suggest have more than twice the years of experience than Poch (Rafa 26 years and Ancelotti 23 years) compared to Poch's 9 years in management.

I'd personally be happy for Poch to continue learning his trade with us and see HIM deliver that elusive trophy more than any other manager.

I don't care what anybody want to say, IMO if Poch stays another two or three years he will deliver trophies. Assuming he gets reasonable backing from Levy that is.

I agree. I just wish he'd make more SAF like comments. Since he worships the man you'd think he'd emulate his communication style to some degree.

So Utd are so confident that OGS is the right man for the job that they only gave him a 3 year contract. In year 2, expect the nonsense to start again. Says it all really.

For those that wanted Poch out and >£50m compensation for him and the coaches, not a great day. I'm glad though he's staying for now. Like to see a few adjustments from him, but happy that he's got the chance to keep improving with us.

It's now time to build the second great Poch team.

I don't care what anybody want to say, IMO if Poch stays another two or three years he will deliver trophies. Assuming he gets reasonable backing from Levy that is.

Why do you think he will win a trophy?

He couldn’t with the best team in the league

In my eyes , his genius crown has slipped just a tadge, but I’m happy if he stays and gets the backing of whoever it is that he works with on incoming transfers . No more N’s or Spanish also rans .
If he gets back to the level we were two years ago , with a couple or four of really decent additions, it could get exciting .
Some of the younger players are also showing a lot of promise .
An increase in income , the new stadium becoming a fortress, the players having a rest this summer before preseason , I’m really looking forward to it .
COYS

IMO that is the same nonsense that was spouted when Harry was here, look at the M.C. and Pool squad. You could even argue that both Chelsky and M.U. have better squads if you look at the amount of money they have spent.

2/3 years ago?

The couple of seasons before City brought walker ?

It really wasn't - that's a fallacy.

Loris

Walker Toby jan Rose

Dembele wanyama

Alli Christian son

Kane

Name a better side at the time - that side was fully fit and functioning

Are you saying that side wasn’t good enough to win a single trophy under a top end manager?

Loris

Walker Toby jan Rose

Dembele wanyama

Alli Christian son

Kane

Are you saying that side wasn’t good enough to win a single trophy under a top end manager?

Firstly, it's a squad game; in any one off game you can claim we were better (are better), but over a season when you chuck in injuries, suspensions and rotations, we just haven't had the quality in depth.

But beyond that, the 'target' has always been Top 4 and not an 'ego' domestic Trophy (as it has been classed), which again an again has meant not playing our perceived strongest 11...and despite some great nights, we have no hope of beating Europe's elite when it matters.

We've never been strong enough for a PL winners medal - even when Leicester won it, we didn't have the squad to carry the ambition.

So it's not about being the strongest side, it's about context, content and targets - achieved or otherwise.

Loris

Walker Toby jan Rose

Dembele wanyama

Alli Christian son

Kane

Courtois

Azpicueleta, Terry, Cahill/Luiz

Moses, Kante, Matic/Fabregas, Alonso

Willian/Pedro, Costa, Hazard

Interestingly, that team walked the league that season so therefore over 38 games surely had to be a better team. Doesn't perhaps look as good on paper as ours but the 3-4-3 system disrupted the league and Conte did an amazing job. In reality, the teams are probably about the same level and they had no European football to deal with as they came 10th the year before. They also seemed to go injury free for most of, perhaps down to having such few games.

I definitely didn't expect Spurs to beat that. Our year was the year before when we let Leicester win the league with only 81 points.