Oldham | Vital Football

Oldham

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
If proof were needed, then this game must have shown beyond doubt that Pools MUST sign a Centre Forward if they are to avoid being drawn into the end of season relegation fight!
There was plenty of endeavour by Pools players and several good goalscoring opportunities created, but no conviction in front of goal. As can be seen from the corner count (16) there were opportunities from deadball situations but, alas, no threat!

On a positive note Bureys return to the side was welcome, but when not fouling him Oldhams tactic of crowding him 3 to 1 dulled his threat.
Also, there's a lot of games to be played (23) which if we can average but a point a game should see us retain our EFL status.

I gather we only had two shots on target all game. Unless we can sign a goal scorer we may find ourselves in serious trouble. As Cullen wasn't in the squad today, I can only guess he is injured or ill.

Looking like today's game was Bureys last in a Pools shirt, he's been recalled by Millwall.

Got to hope that the circumstances created by Covid don't put the kibosh on other clubs making loanees available.

Looking like today's game was Bureys last in a Pools shirt, he's been recalled by Millwall.

Got to hope that the circumstances created by Covid don't put the kibosh on other clubs making loanees available.
Yep fingers crossed time. We sure as heck need a physical Centre forward as a bare minimum.

With the Covid situation all clubs will be reluctant to let anybody half decent go out on loan just in case. But all our competitors will be in the same boat.

With the Covid situation all clubs will be reluctant to let anybody half decent go out on loan just in case. But all our competitors will be in the same boat.
Yep. And there's always he possibility that the covid situation will change before too long. Graham Lee In the Echo today is hoping we might retrieve Tyler Burey when/if the problems ease at Millwall. People with symptoms seem to have to isolate for only 7 days now.

I was just hoping he'd be available for tomorrow night's game.

Guessing it's not just me who doesn't know what day of the week it is!