Old Football League Grounds | Page 3 | Vital Football

Old Football League Grounds

42 Ninian Park (Bob Bank?) 43 Sealand Rd, 44 Saltergate, 46 Cold Blow Lane, 48 Gay Meadow, 49 Springfield Park, 50 Goldstone Ground. Some I think I know, others a bit of stab in the dark

Difficult

38...Blackburn
39...Sheff Wed
40...Chester
41...Liverpool
42...Cardiff
43...?
44...Chesterfield
45...Middlesboro
46...Villa
47...Exeter
48...Shrewsbury
49...Wigan
50...Brighton
51...Bristol Rovers

47...only reason I guessed Exeter is that hoarding that says SWEB for everything. Is that South West electricity board ?

47...only reason I guessed Exeter is that hoarding that says SWEB for everything. Is that South West electricity board ?

Whether its Exeter or not, think you're right with South West Electricity Board. Looking at the pics again, I wonder if 45 is Millmoor, but I don't remember houses being so near the home section behind the goal (certainly not when I've been)

Whether its Exeter or not, think you're right with South West Electricity Board. Looking at the pics again, I wonder if 45 is Millmoor, but I don't remember houses being so near the home section behind the goal (certainly not when I've been)

Absolutely could be ...its a red team thats for sure.

Last one is Newport County's old ground, forget the name. My old boss had a picture of it, quite possibly that very one, hung up in his office.

Good effort everybody, it's amazing how much Football Grounds
have changed since i went to them from the 1960's onwards.

Good effort everybody, it's amazing how much Football Grounds
have changed since i went to them from the 1960's onwards.

Should have got the Everton one as I thought it was the Kop at Liverpool but it looks like the main stand at Everton before it was demolished late 60s. The houses to the right have all gone to make way for that car park that you can see from that ring road at the end of the East Lancs.