OK. Can anyone explain how? | Page 5 | Vital Football

OK. Can anyone explain how?

Kim Jong Un - 21/9/2013 22:51

I will listen to a reasoned argument, always have.

There seems to be a few supporters of the below theory, for some reason, but its never been made plain for me to follow - and I think its seriously flawed.

How does: NUFC losing and being relegated = Ashley out?

It didnt do last time.

Go on, explain, without resorting to avoiding the actual question with some side issue, whether it be me as a poster, anything personal or insulting, or anything else that detracts from how you think the above equation, will work.

I'm open to genuine explanations of how some think it would work. I am less convinced people are able to, but, I am listening.

Going back to the original question. Let me give you an alternative explanation:

Ashley has an asset - NUFC - and he can treat it as a cash cow at the moment. Feed it grass, keep it warm in the winter and it shits gold basically.

That asset has a net worth which defines it's value in the marketplace, a typical benchmark (over simplified) for that would be value of cash, stock, land, premises etc plus 5 to 10 years future profits, goodwill etc. So by analysis of all of those things Ashley will have a figure in mind of what the club is worth, and as soon as someone offers him significantly more he will sell it. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. Maybe it has to be quite a bit more than the threshold of the net worth but I hope you will agree the net worth of the asset plays a part in that debate.

If we get relegated the net worth will go down and so the trigger point beyond which Ashley would accept a bid also goes down. This would happen again and again every year we didn't get promoted to the point where the market price for the club would plummet. When something has a lower price it is more likely to sell. More potential buyers, less initial outlay, less risk.

Therefore: losing = relegation = greater chance of Ashley fucking off.

I hope this helps.

crooktownmags - 26/9/2013 13:00

Kim Jong Un - 21/9/2013 22:51

I will listen to a reasoned argument, always have.

There seems to be a few supporters of the below theory, for some reason, but its never been made plain for me to follow - and I think its seriously flawed.

How does: NUFC losing and being relegated = Ashley out?

It didnt do last time.

Go on, explain, without resorting to avoiding the actual question with some side issue, whether it be me as a poster, anything personal or insulting, or anything else that detracts from how you think the above equation, will work.

I'm open to genuine explanations of how some think it would work. I am less convinced people are able to, but, I am listening.

Going back to the original question. Let me give you an alternative explanation:

Ashley has an asset - NUFC - and he can treat it as a cash cow at the moment. Feed it grass, keep it warm in the winter and it shits gold basically.

That asset has a net worth which defines it's value in the marketplace, a typical benchmark (over simplified) for that would be value of cash, stock, land, premises etc plus 5 to 10 years future profits, goodwill etc. So by analysis of all of those things Ashley will have a figure in mind of what the club is worth, and as soon as someone offers him significantly more he will sell it. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. Maybe it has to be quite a bit more than the threshold of the net worth but I hope you will agree the net worth of the asset plays a part in that debate.

If we get relegated the net worth will go down and so the trigger point beyond which Ashley would accept a bid also goes down. This would happen again and again every year we didn't get promoted to the point where the market price for the club would plummet. When something has a lower price it is more likely to sell. More potential buyers, less initial outlay, less risk.

Therefore: losing = relegation = greater chance of Ashley fucking off.

I hope this helps.

Oooooh you're good. :17: