Oh...we're halfway there! | Vital Football

Oh...we're halfway there!

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Well that's 23 games gone, so we've officially reached the half-way stage of the season having played every team once. We've come out in 23rd place with 24 points and the second worse goal difference in the league. Replicate that over the next 23 games and we'll be relegated as 48 points doesn't look like being enough to survive this season. First season under Cook we finished on 52 points but were lucky that that the bottom three were made up of three abysmal teams who failed to get over 40 points. Second season was of course skewed by points deductions, 21st placed Barnsley finishing on 49 points.

So, half time question and answer session then for everyone.

Best player so far?

Worst player so far?

Most underrated player?

Most overrated player?

Best result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game)

Worst result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game)

You get a guaranteed three signings in January, what positions do you strengthen?

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish?

So, half time question and answer session then for everyone.

Best player so far?------------Jason Kerr

Worst player so far?---------Darikwa

Most underrated player?---------Shinnie

Most overrated player?-----------Naylor

Best result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game)-----Rovers

Worst result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game)------Burnley

You get a guaranteed three signings in January, what positions do you strengthen?-------- LB,RB & a Left winger

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish? -------18th with 55 points

Most overrated player McLean

Worse player Bennet

best player. Non because none are championship standard.

Signings. A keeper a centre forward two full backs And a midfield player. Some one like. Bradley Dack at Blackburn

Best player so far? - Shinnie even though he barely gets used.

Worst player so far? - Bennett

Most underrated player? - Broadhead

Most overrated player? - not by fans but previous management Magennis

Best result/performance? - Blackburn home, not really many other candidate's.

Worst result/performance? - unfortunately there's a lot of candidates but probably Boro at home. Although Coventry and Hull away ran it close.

Guaranteed three signings in January - attacking right and left backs and athletic striker.

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish? - you've got to aim for over 50, hopefully we can scrape clear of the bottom 3.

Best player so far? - Shinnie

Worst player so far? - Bennett

Most underrated player? - Nyambe

Most overrated player? - Whatmough

Best result/performance? - Best result, 1-0 vs Blackburn, best performance Birmingham away.

Worst result/performance? - Result, 2-1 against Hull. Performance wise, Stoke at home.

Guaranteed three signings in January - When taking into account our centre-back crisis developing, I'd say a CB, CM and versatile full-back capable of covering either flank.

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish? I change my opinion on this daily. Gut feeling is that we'll end up on around 51, a three point increase on the first half of the season, but not enough to keep us up. All I ask is that we get to the last day needing to beat Rotherham to stay up. I'd snap your arm off for that right now if you offered it.

Wud be nice to not have so so many questions & have to keep revisiting original post to make sure uve covered ALL questions....7 yes, bloody 7 questions to reply to ur post CL.....u certainly don't make a reply easy ffs 🤔

Best player so far? Broadhead

Worst player so far? Magennis

Most underrated player? Tilt

Most overrated player? Power

Best result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game) Birmingham / Rotherham

Worst result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game) Burnley

You get a guaranteed three signings in January, what positions do you strengthen? anywhere with pace.

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish? 55 , just above the drop.

Best player so far? Shinnie

Worst player so far? Darikwa

Most underrated player? Jamie Jones

Most overrated player? Power

Best result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game) Blackpool/Blackburn

You get a guaranteed three signings in January, what positions do you strengthen? anywhere with pace.
LB, CB, LW (& bring back McGrath & Humphrys from their loan spells).

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish? 55 & finish 20th.

Wud be nice to not have so so many questions & have to keep revisiting original post to make sure uve covered ALL questions....7 yes, bloody 7 questions to reply to ur post CL.....u certainly don't make a reply easy ffs 🤔

Copy & paste Jock. I only learned how to do this fairly recently thanks to my step daughter. Do that, then add in your opinions.

Best player so far? Jamie Jones

Worst player so far? Darikwa

Most underrated player? Shinnie

Most overrated player? Keane

Best result/performance? (doesn't have to be the same game) Blackburn

You get a guaranteed three signings in January, what positions do you strengthen?
RB LB CM

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish? 56pts 17th

Best player: Will Keane. There's been other players better that we've seen less of (i.e. Nyambe, Shinnie, Kerr, Broadhead) but Keane has 8 goals in the Championship so far and rarely has an outright poor game. Enough for me.

Worst player: Joe Bennett. He's utter trash at everything and baffles me how he was ever a Championship player. Worst part is he doesn't even look like he cares (which you can't say about Darikwa or Power)

Most underrated player: By our fans, also Keane. The scapegoating he gets at times whenever he doesn't manage a goal is insane. Baffling how anyone wants him dropped.

Most overrated player: Aasgard. He still has holes in his game which are evident whenever he actually starts.

Best result/performance: 1-0 win over Birmingham with 10 men for 80 mins. Couldn't even remotely imagine a universe where Richardson was sacked after that. Shocking how things changed so quickly.

Worst result/performance: 1-4 Vs Middlesbrough was bad, but only in the second half. The 1-0 loss to Stoke was absolutely abysmal start to finish. Stoke were shocking and yet we didn't remotely take the game to them, and somehow lost. Pathetic.

Positions strenghtened in Jan: Left back and Right back of course, but also desperately need a creative midfielder.

How many points will we end up getting and where will we finish: 21st/20th with around 50 points. I can see us having enough quality to scrape survival with some necessary recruitment in January, while Cardiff will collapse due to their transfer embargo and go down with Huddersfield and possibly Rotherham.

Last edited:
This was interesting on half the games played. Some great ideas for the January window and points predictions. It's just a shame the owners didn't have the same plans.
In hindsight now it couldn't have been any worse calling back our loan players, keeping Shinnie and waving bye bye to Fletcher.
Maybe we would be nearer the predicted points total and league position that many of us predicted.