Oh oh...................... | Vital Football

Oh oh......................

ST2

Vital Football Legend
It's Yorkshire's turn

At least I can point out that I am not from round these parts....

After the horror of the Only Way is Essex, Geordie Shore, Marbsbollocks etc ad nauseum comes 'Educating Yorkshire'.

Saw a truly terrifying trailer of youths revelling in their stupidity last night and spotted dozens of bus stop posters (they know their target audience) this morning.

Shall be watching from behind the sofa......what is it with the caterpillar eyebrows and haystack hairstyles????

Is nowhere safe from this treatment? I'd say yes - our Irish posters (Innis, Galv et al) can probably rest easy as I very much doubt there's a commission for stupid Irish people in this day and age. But I bet someone has pitched it!

You want youths reveling in their stupidity? Check out the fleggers or the Pradastent Coalaition...so you should :15:

Don't look to television for innovation and novelty.

ST2, you obviously didn't see BBC NI's The Estate. Can't find a clip for you but check out the info at this page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bl0p8

This is obnoxious anti-working class shite, devised to support the equally obnoxious neo-liberal Tory agenda. The bankers brought us to the brink but hey! let's blame the poor and screw them instead. Thoroughly shocking, appalling class prejudice from the most privileged Cabinet in over 70 years of government, backed up by a compliant media.

If I were Scottish, I'd vote for independence!

Innispurs - 29/8/2013 00:00

ST2, you obviously didn't see BBC NI's The Estate. Can't find a clip for you but check out the info at this page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bl0p8

This is obnoxious anti-working class shite, devised to support the equally obnoxious neo-liberal Tory agenda. The bankers brought us to the brink but hey! let's blame the poor and screw them instead. Thoroughly shocking, appalling class prejudice from the most privileged Cabinet in over 70 years of government, backed up by a compliant media.

No I didn't Innis, I try to avoid these sort of progs but will be morbidly fascinated by the Yorkshire one - have discovered that at least it centres on Dewsbury rather than Bradford which has recently been the subject of a couple of dodgy docs. Another one this week re Leeds - the burglary capital of the UK (have personal experience of that when I lived there and also since being here)

Know what you mean tho - there's Chavs then there's chavs, blaming the underclass for the massive balls up of the banks and the City is disingenuous at best

ha ha the Leeds burglary doc filmed in the road I used to live in as being 'the most burgled area in Leeds' now.

Mostly now due to being full of idiot students who dont lock up properly. Having said that we were burgled cos my lodger forgot to lock the door at 3 in the morning. He was subjected to the Leeds special - left his car keys visible in the kitchen, they smashed the back door in at 4am and before we all worked out what was happening they took his keys and knicked his car

You don't have to be an idiot to be burgled in student accommodation. Most student housing is run down so easy to piss break into. Added to that is that they're always out so plenty of empty time. Then usually different people from year to year so neighbours don't actually know who's supposed to be there...

you know what? after one episode I take (most of) it back

The Head is brilliant, you can see the kids truly respect him. I am however somewhat alarmed to discover that a kid has to get into trouble 73 times before he's excluded!!

coupla genius characters - the 12 year old boy who comes accross as being in his 50s and the girl with the 'eyebrows' who looks about 55

Innispurs - 29/8/2013 00:00

Spot on all part of the plot :1: :1: :1: