Oh dear | Page 2 | Vital Football

Oh dear

Now that I can agree with...
Always great to find common ground Barney......as well as engaging in the cut and thrust of a debate from an opposite point of view. That way people can find a good reason to enjoy having an Ardbeg together rather than descend into unseemly bouts of pugilism :cheers:

As suggested Pulis or Allardyce would take a huge wage for 6/7 games. They might keep them up but the club would then be in Groundhog Day next season. Can't see the Huddersfield board willing to make such financial gambles. Honestly if they did go down you'd expect them to be top of L1 and sometimes supporters and owners prefer that than struggling in the league above

As suggested Pulis or Allardyce would take a huge wage for 6/7 games. They might keep them up but the club would then be in Groundhog Day next season. Can't see the Huddersfield board willing to make such financial gambles. Honestly if they did go down you'd expect them to be top of L1 and sometimes supporters and owners prefer that than struggling in the league above
Just like Sunderland, that's going really well for them :lol:

They're not dead and buried yet

Terrier's looked already dead and buried when they took over, they have done OK, but still look very close to the drop. Would be unfortunate for them to get a relegation on the CV now. Doubt it will happen and they will go on to greater things.

Can't help but feel they could have curbed the ambition a little and bided their time to let the club catch up. Not for me to say and is all water under the bridge. We came a very long way in a short time. Victims of our own success perhaps?

Terrier's looked already dead and buried when they took over, they have done OK, but still look very close to the drop. Would be unfortunate for them to get a relegation on the CV now. Doubt it will happen and they will go on to greater things.

Can't help but feel they could have curbed the ambition a little and bided their time to let the club catch up. Not for me to say and is all water under the bridge. We came a very long way in a short time. Victims of our own success perhaps?

We're never going to catch up to the sort of club Danny and Nicky ultimately want to manage. We're already punching above our weight just being in Division 1. Catching up to their ambition was never possible...

We're never going to catch up to the sort of club Danny and Nicky ultimately want to manage. We're already punching above our weight just being in Division 1. Catching up to their ambition was never possible...
Agree with the difficulty in keeping up with ambition. Punching above our weight in L1? I'm not so sure about that. Looking at our history and size I would say we were punching below our weight for too many years. I think we can make the case for being a lower L1 club.

Agree with the difficulty in keeping up with ambition. Punching above our weight in L1? I'm not so sure about that. Looking at our history and size I would say we were punching below our weight for too many years. I think we can make the case for being a lower L1 club.

Well, we can. But recent history suggests that case would be on shaky ground.

However, there's little doubt we have the best opportunity in decades to give it a go.