Oh dear | Vital Football

Oh dear

for another £1m they could take Appleton off us - or perhaps we could rent him out for a month?

We will have Cowleys back for free plus Toffolo as well

Interesting very few of the fans on there want them gone and can see the bigger problem.
One transfer window to sort out the massive problems there was never going to happen.
If I was them I'd leave in the summer regardless.

There are always going to be a few keyboard warriors. Getting rid of the Cowleys would be madness, I think (and hope) the Cowleys save Huddersfield from relegation. I for one will remain eternally grateful in the part they played in transforming our club.

We a said at the time that Huddersfield was a strange next step and I it's proving to be very difficult. Huge pressure, limited financial support it and minor room to achieve. That said, with this coronavirus, it was good (perhaps club saving) business for them to move on.

Trying very hard not to let the old German right-back, Schadenfreude, get the better of me here, but apparently this was ‘the perfect opportunity’?

Anyway, doubt they’ll be sacked at this stage but perhaps the ‘method’ doesn’t work higher up the leagues. Not sure how much time they’ll get to prove it does.

Trying very hard not to let the old German right-back, Schadenfreude, get the better of me here, but apparently this was ‘the perfect opportunity’?

Anyway, doubt they’ll be sacked at this stage but perhaps the ‘method’ doesn’t work higher up the leagues. Not sure how much time they’ll get to prove it does.

Probably until next Xmas. If it's till going wrong, the board will want to give the post-Xmas transfer window to someone else, as is traditional in these situations, I imagine. So, probably about 5 months.

Sound like clickbait to me. Huddersfield don't have the money to sack them and them put someone else in position for the last few games. Seems to be largely down to them having contracted players who they can't move on and are just happy to take the money and not be arsed. If they go down I'd expect them to be given the first few months of the next season to get it right. That seems to be the majority view of their supporters

[IMG]https://forums-cdn.vitalfootball.co.uk/data/avatars/m/9/9812.jpg?1549465552[/IMG]
MaineRoad_96
Vital 1st Team Regular
Sep 10, 2019

I’ll be eternally grateful for them taking a club that was on the bones of its arse and taking it to League One, via an FA Cup QF. But they’ve gone now and it’s clear they’ve gone for the cash. Sad, but it’s time to move on.

It’s Lincoln City FC, not Danny Cowley FC.

It would be very surprising if they were sacked now-they need to be given an opportunity to build for next season. Being under heavy pressure from the fans will be a new experience for the Cowleys,having had so much success previously. Expectations though are higher at this level-I would say it "goes with the territory "

And who would Huddersfield think they can appoint at this hour and work miracles with those players. Sometimes you take the proverbial step backwards before going forwards. It would be no bad thing if they stuck with DC/NC until they have cleared out the shower of players they inherited and let them begin from scratch. If that means a spell in L1 then so be it.
Brian Clough did all his best work with his own players many of whom were written off as damaged goods before he dusted them down and turned them into Kings of Europe. Not all managers do their best work with ready made prima donnas and I believe the Cowleys fit that criterion. Very short sighted on the part of The Terriers if they blink now.

And who would Huddersfield think they can appoint at this hour and work miracles with those players. Sometimes you take the proverbial step backwards before going forwards. It would be no bad thing if they stuck with DC/NC until they have cleared out the shower of players they inherited and let them begin from scratch. If that means a spell in L1 then so be it.
Brian Clough did all his best work with his own players many of whom were written off as damaged goods before he dusted them down and turned them into Kings of Europe. Not all managers do their best work with ready made prima donnas and I believe the Cowleys fit that criterion. Very short sighted on the part of The Terriers if they blink now.
Now that I can agree with...