Officials today / Derby's acting | Page 2 | Vital Football

Officials today / Derby's acting

Good to see you backing up the team! He doesn't get a bruise from intent!! Good day for you though, a defeat so a happy Saturday night for you!
Piss off you bloody idiot. I backed the side to the end. Just cos I can see two sides to a coin doesn't mean I am disloyal. Go and clean your pom poms you flaming fool. Hope you have as much energy getting behind the side on match days as you do slagging off other fans. It's shit Saturday night as it always is when we lose. Sam made himself look like a complete idiot running around acting hurt trying to get a player sent off. Like I said three points chucked away.

It was a red for Naismith but we've had our player taken out by the last man multiple times this season and the refs bottled it and gave a yellow. So I'm not pleased the last man deliberate foul = red card only applies to us.

Wilson certainly moves his head towards Morsy but it's hard to see from that angle if there was much / any contact. No doubt Sam is trying to get him sent off and playing it up but if there is intent that could be a red in the letter of the law. If it was a Wigan player doing what Wilson did i think I'd say it was harsh if it was a red so I'll give the ref the benefit of the doubt on that one. But the dive from Wilson was a second yellow and the ref knew it and completely bottled it.

Another poor display overall from another dodgy ref. He gave them everything. Have we had a good ref this season?!?

Piss off you bloody idiot. I backed the side to the end. Just cos I can see two sides to a coin doesn't mean I am disloyal. Go and clean your pom poms you flaming fool. Hope you have as much energy getting behind the side on match days as you do slagging off other fans. It's shit Saturday night as it always is when we lose. Sam made himself look like a complete idiot running around acting hurt trying to get a player sent off. Like I said three points chucked away.
Go and clean my pom poms! ? Original sexism, well done!

Def dodgy officials today....ref had a shocker alongside the liner on the East stand side. Def 2nd yellow for Derbys cheat Wilson n the dive in the box. Even when the ref consulted with the liner on it nothing was given....
Was a great effort in the 2nd half from our 10 men n such a pity their endeavour didn't reap a point or more.

Having watched the head butt incident I am bemused. He clearly went to headbutt him, the footage is quite clear in that regard. Whether there was contact is immaterial - although Carson thinks the contact was minimal. As such it is s red card, contact or not. How he can then only be awarded a yellow is bemusing, it's a red or nothing. To make matters worse is his failure to take action for a dive. Given the ghost penalty in the last minute at Norwich he awarded against us questions should be asked by the club to the authorities about his honesty and integrity and in addition ask they explore whether there is any bias or it's just incompetence.

In the cold light of day I can see why the sending off was given, although I still think it was a bit harsh and am certain that there have been a couple of very similar instances this season where one of our players have been impeded and only a free kick and booking was given.
Reports saying that Naismith "Hauled down" the Derby player are way off the mark. He allowed the player to get the wrong side of him and it was a reflex reaction to grad out at him, one which other players with more LB experience may have also done.

3 points...at the time of the sending off I thought it harsh as I also thought Burn was closer but after seeing it today I can understand why he went off although that doesn't excuse 5 Derby players surrounding the ref.

I can also understand Sam's reaction to that situation and I've seen them sent off for similar head movements so our captain did nowt wrong as they were play acting all day.

Lastly Vaughan had a cracking game v Rovers but I had a 12 year old with me and would have been gutted if he hadn't stuck that chance away after what can only be described as the move of the match.

Where has she demonstrated rose tinted happy clapping? You're in a minority off one here. Even clatic had praise for them yesterday. You're the only person that can't bring yourself to do it

Happy Clappers or Doom and Gloom Merchants, we all follow the same club, so why not just put forward your viewpoint without resorting to name calling and accept that some people are not going to agree with you on every point.

Like almost everyone on here I have to agree that I was very proud of the 2nd half performance on saturday and in the end we deserved something from the game as we had the better of play and a couple of opportunities where perhaps could have done better after the break.

We started excellent and were well on top and would’ve been ahead but for a terrible miss by Vaughan. Never mind 12 years old, I would be disappointed if my 8 year old had missed that 3 years ago.

Then Naismith had a moment of madness which changed the game. I can see why it is red but I do think that on balance you’ll see more yellows than red in that situation being 35 yards out and with defenders running back to possibly cover. The main issue after that was the inconsistency in dishing out red cards for that but then being lenient with what is a 100% red card with putting your face into an opponents. Then following that giving nothing for the blatant dive and claiming it was a “slip” - as a note for future reference for the ref, when you slip you do not arch up into the air in a leaping motion, this is what is called a dive.

I am hoping that it may be a blessing if we remit for the next game and it forces us to start Macca and also we get Grigg on. This will give much more threat going forward than we have had recently. Roll on the next two games and hopefully 6 points - we need them as there are some tough games coming up.

Well said TS. However I wish to point out that the games coming up are no more difficult than we have had for the first half of the season. We are still playing the other 23 teams that we have faced in the first half but could have fewer injured first team players. Therefore we should be better placed.