Officials today / Derby's acting | Vital Football

Officials today / Derby's acting

NorthernSoul

Vital Reserves Team
An absolute disgrace to their profession and the game.

How does Wilson get a yellow card for a head butt? It's violent conduct which is a mandatory offence. Morsy walks away from the incident rather than throw himself to the floor clutching his face or retaliating and gets booked!!

Wilson, Lawrence and Bryson all producing embarrassing dives which the referee doesn't give a foul for so clearly sees them and doesn't produce a single yellow.

Huddlestone throws himself to the floor clutching his face in injury time when no one touched him was absolute disgrace, didn't Forestieri get a lengthy ban for doing that a few years ago?

Thought Derby's playing acting throughout was embarrassing, clearly some good young players, who let themselves down massively. No place in the game for what happened today, Lampard should be reading them the riot act.

Absolute disgrace from officials. The phrase "Frank Lampard's Derby" is bandied about but maybe there is something in it where the referee favoured Derby because of his name.
No way was that a sending off, a booking yes, and their players trying to get penalties and our players booked was shameful.
Diving in the penalty area is supposed to be a bookable offence so why were the two blatant ones not punished by a booking and free kick, but no this referee just closed his eyes to it. You could be your bottom dollar that if it was one of our players they would have been booked.
Head butting is a sending off offence but he would not have even booked him if he could have got away with it

It’s football, you wouldn’t be moaning if we were 1-0 up and doing it.

I’ve seen a close up replay online, no way a red for Wilson, we’d have gone ballistic if one of our own had done that and been sent off. If anything it was Morsy who stamped on him which caused Wilson’s reaction that should have been off However I’ve not seen the penalty appeal again, if Wilson dived then that should have been a second yellow.

Lawrence got a penalty a few years ago, when he dived over a great Burn tackle 2 yards outside the box when he was with Ipswich if I remember.

The FA said diving was going to be clamped down. Niasse at Everton got a 3 match ban for it, then everyone else since got let off. Pathetic.

Are you sure you're not a closet Derby fan C_Latic??
You mention "Wilson's reaction", that's exactly why he should have been sent off, you can't react like that. Morsy has been sent off for similar in the past.

Wilson leaned his head into Morsy, it may not have been any great force behind it but simply the act of doing so is a red card in todays game.

Are you sure you're not a closet Derby fan C_Latic??
You mention "Wilson's reaction", that's exactly why he should have been sent off, you can't react like that. Morsy has been sent off for similar in the past.
Nope I just don’t let bias cloud my opinion. I can’t be bothered looking for the clip but I suggest you look around. If it’s a red then the game’s gone. He should have gone for the dive though if it was. Why is it not a booking if no contact?

Have to say that the ref was the most blatantly biased ref I have seen! Beside the obvious dives he gave a free kick when Dan Burn took the ball into the box because their player fell down behind him! Sorry but he was a disgrace!!

That's a red in todays game the video clearly shows Wilson leaning his head down towards Morsy. Yes not any strong contact but even the act of doing it and making no contact is seen as a red card offence in the modern game. Pure stupidity from Wilson.

From that angle, that is never a red card in a million years - they both lean their heads in towards each other and Morsy should be embarrassed reacting like that.
The 2 yellows will be Morsy for pulling Wilson back in the first place & Wilson for adopting an aggressive attitude in after that

Absolute disgrace from officials. The phrase "Frank Lampard's Derby" is bandied about but maybe there is something in it where the referee favoured Derby because of his name.
No way was that a sending off, a booking yes, and their players trying to get penalties and our players booked was shameful.
Diving in the penalty area is supposed to be a bookable offence so why were the two blatant ones not punished by a booking and free kick, but no this referee just closed his eyes to it. You could be your bottom dollar that if it was one of our players they would have been booked.
Head butting is a sending off offence but he would not have even booked him if he could have got away with it

Of course it was a red - The derby player was 1-2 strides away from getting the ball & having a free shot at goal so Naismith has denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
Having seen any of the rest other than Morsy trying to get Wilson sent off for a "headbutt" but for the sending off the fact they had 6 players ready to run upwards of 40-50 yards to get the ref to send Naismith off was very poor on their part

Agree with most of that Ken but looking straight down from the West Stand on the tackle from Bambi I can only agree with the ref. Definitely a straight red.

Of course it was a red - The derby player was 1-2 strides away from getting the ball & having a free shot at goal so Naismith has denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
Having seen any of the rest other than Morsy trying to get Wilson sent off for a "headbutt" but for the sending off the fact they had 6 players ready to run upwards of 40-50 yards to get the ref to send Naismith off was very poor on their part
Yip Sam didn't go to ground but did run around after the head butt incident trying to get a fellow professional sent off. Let's see a photo of the bruised Sam.

Yip Sam didn't go to ground but did run around after the head butt incident trying to get a fellow professional sent off. Let's see a photo of the bruised Sam.
Good to see you backing up the team! He doesn't get a bruise from intent!! Good day for you though, a defeat so a happy Saturday night for you!

The red card was correct, a ridiculous foul from Naismith which cost us the game. Havent seen the footage so won't comment yet on the alleged head butt, however it was a clear dive that the inept official just waved away that should have resulted in 10 against 10. Utterly pathetic and he should be embarrassed by that very easy, very clear decision.

MB, I seem to remember in a previous thread you defending a referee for not giving a red card for a similar foul on Grigg, you made the point that Grigg was not in touching distance of the ball and as such it could have been judged that it wasn't a certain goal scoring opportunity. How was this different given that Grigg was in the six yard box yet the player today was outside the area ?

PS. if I am mixing you up with another poster please accept my apologies.

The red card was correct, a ridiculous foul from Naismith which cost us the game. Havent seen the footage so won't comment yet on the alleged head butt, however it was a clear dive that the inept official just waved away that should have resulted in 10 against 10. Utterly pathetic and he should be embarrassed by that very easy, very clear decision.

Paul Cook in his interview has said that the referee has confirmed to him that the player slipped. Yeah right.

I'm sure he did. They are so full of shit they are unbelievable. It's the same inept official - Gavin Ward - who awarded Norwich that none existent penalty against us back in September. He's either shit or just biased. Take your pick. Either way I hope Cook puts in the appropriate report and we don't get allocated this prick again for the foreseeable.