Offended, really? | Vital Football

Offended, really?

People should not have to live in a world in which they might be offended.

Take the Police & Crime Commissioner for Devon & Cornwall, who has suggested that women call 999 if they are subjected to cat calling/wolf whistling in the street. The police should clearly prioritise people who are placed at unease by wolf whistling over burglaries and car thefts - obvious ain`t it ????

I know diabetes inside out - not me but my partner.

The comment wasn't offensive ffs but very thoughtless

Sometimes it's the person who says it rather than what they say. People love to pile in the guilt on a celebrity.

Sometimes it's the person who says it rather than what they say. People love to pile in the guilt on a celebrity.

Correct - see Doreen Lawrence for example. She has seemingly got a free pass, but what she said about London Firefighters actually was highly offensive.

I object to this because it denies Paul Hollywood the right to be a bit of a prat, which is a right we should all defend.

ThreeSixes you are being a bit of a prat about Doreen Lawrence. I and I alone offered her a free pass and I made clear I did not defend her comments about the fire service. I think most members of that service are well able to judge for themselves. You surely aren't snowflaking on their behalf.

I object to this because it denies Paul Hollywood the right to be a bit of a prat, which is a right we should all defend.

ThreeSixes you are being a bit of a prat about Doreen Lawrence. I and I alone offered her a free pass and I made clear I did not defend her comments about the fire service. I think most members of that service are well able to judge for themselves. You surely aren't snowflaking on their behalf.

I was referring to a free pass from the country as a whole, not from people on this site (and specifically you). No need to be so defensive

Myself and other members of my family and some friends are diabetic and I cannot see why anyone would be offended by the comment ffs.

Although the causes of the onset of diabetes are not fully proven what we do know is that once you have it then part of the management is to cut down on glucoses, carbs and sugar or other dietary regimes.
Therefore the comment of diabetes on a plate was correct and it was the first thing to come to my mind lol. Could have also called it obesity on a plate etc.

Our kids are being murdered on our streets, etc but the same fuckwits are not up in arms over that.

I once had an aunt who was a sticky toffee pudding. She grew sick of comments about how sweet and sugary she was and how she’d give anyone who ate her diabetes. I know the people making the comments didn’t mean any harm but it leaves a bitter taste to this day.

I once had an uncle who was a Timneh grey parrot. I grew sick of repeated comments from snowflakes who simply wouldn`t believe that he didn`t actually mean half of what he was saying. Even after he died there were some who insisted he was, in fact a Norweigain Blue and not a Timneh and that he was actually still alive... Very odd world we live in.