Off the wall managers? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Off the wall managers?

If you think Scally has a thick skin then you haven't been paying attention over the last 20 years. He certainly does care about criticism and has always tried to avoid and deflect it. I think our current situation is fragile and he knows it. It may be that we are going through a dangerous phase and he may yet ride it out but the short term outlook is poor. The crosshair is inexorably moving towards Scally having moved through managements, backroom staff, players, Centreplate and former CEOs. He is not a fool and will realise that he has very little leeway left.

HarrowGill - 27/9/2017 12:15

Would very much doubt it would be the AM of an under-performing Tranmere side, but stranger things have happened!

I didn't think it was a Bad suggestion. I'm not sure he's the sort of manager who would make us Invincible or bring too many Thrillers to Priestfield, but one thing is for sure, Pennock is history.

Banter boy - 27/9/2017 12:56

A return ??? Ian Hollawayscurrently qpr manager unless iv missed some breaking news??????well out of our budget ... maybe scally decided he gonna pay half decent wage & get half decent manager instead of his normal cheap option trick... let's have someone who stands his ground against our beloved chairman ...

Agree with that last bit and I've said the same on another thread. As I've mentioned, Colin (Neil Warnock) would be great but, unfortunately, I don't think it would ever happen.

shame

SteveTreacle - 27/9/2017 14:37

HarrowGill - 27/9/2017 12:15

Would very much doubt it would be the AM of an under-performing Tranmere side, but stranger things have happened!

I didn't think it was a Bad suggestion. I'm not sure he's the sort of manager who would make us Invincible or bring too many Thrillers to Priestfield, but one thing is for sure, Pennock is history.

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1:
although, History should also have been capitalised

Would Clarence Seedorf be off the wall enough?

Gills' rivals Oldham are considering him to be their new manager:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/clarence-seedorf-next-oldham-manager-11255906

A article by Lincoln city vital on league two managers worth a look .
http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=493104

One on that list above who could be said to be off the wall and it seems may after many years be ready to depart is Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale .One of the longest serving managers contract expires in November 2018 .He is currently serving out notice i believe having had a two year rolling contract .They have had a few poor results after a good start to the season.I doubt that he would come but he would certainly fit with Scally's off the wall comment .The guy has a good record at Exeter over the years .

When I watched the League 2 promotion final earlier this year they made it sound like Tisdale has actually turned down a fair few offers from bigger clubs because he loves the Exeter job and doesn't want to risk leaving to coach 6 months of a two year contract before being sacked at another club.

Tisdale has also had some fairly awful seasons which, if he had had them at Gillingham, would have led to people screaming for his head.

Forget that lot, I'd take the Cowley brothers from Lincoln any day. Not very "off the wall" but would be quite exciting. :35:

I don't want to get onto a negative about the Cowley brothers, but I think Scally will barely want to pay for one appointment.

:26: