OCD’s, what are yours? | Vital Football

OCD’s, what are yours?

OVB

Vital Squad Member
After an outbreak of teleprinter syndrome on the main board I thought this could be quite an interesting thread, especially with some of the characters on board. List just one of your oddities so we have some longevity,

To kick off, I find it exceptionally problematic,irritating and annoying, to the point of having to leave the room if anyone has the volume on the TV sound on anything but an even number I always have to check either at home or at friends or even if out the pub. Luckily most people have come to learn about my problem and respect my wishes. Some occasionally throw me a curveball to try and catch me out thinking I will forget. I even have certain bar staff on the pier near our caravan whom are aware and check when I go for a pint ?

Others?

I am OCD diagnosed

1/ Personal hygiene is a biggie for me. Everyone knows when I have been heading for a breakdown in the past (fortunately not had one for a few years) as my showering goes up towards 6 times a day. Generally speaking if it hits 3 s day that's when family on the phone to the Dr

2/ Like you I have a thing about no's. It's very complex to explain though. I used to hate odd no's. Now that's turned around though I dont like the no 13 or 666. There are certain even no's I like still though.

3/ I have to have order, things in the fridge, cupboard etc.for example in order. My clothes are put away in a certain way too.

I could continue. I doubt any of them are strange though. Are any of my quirks odd. Probably

I like to play a little mind game. It's to take a nine letter word which also has to have at least one "e" in it. Then I will make up as many words - minimum four letters - as I can. Obviously, they can't be proper names nor plurals.
I also do all of this in my head.

Last edited:
A mate of mine, Mikey, used to have a game called the number plate game, something to do with adding the value of the number to its
corresponding letter in the alphabet and then mixing those letters with the rest of the plate to make a word. He also had a some kind of a chant going at the lights that was random red, green, wait go and when he reached a certain combination he used to go anyway. Lost his licence in the end

Actually being serious for a moment, i don't think I have any really.

I do tend to put the volume on an even number but it doesn't drive me crazy to see it on an odd number.... and I'm too lazy to get up and get the remote to do anything about it.... so it's a habit but one that doesn't really other me if not stuck to religously.

Other than that can't really think of any,

I always wash my hands throughly when I'm washing them. A few people have commented on it over the years. Apart from that, I seem to be quite sane compared to the rest of VV.

Last edited:
I love making lists and organizing things like files on my computer. I can't organize anything in real life, but could spend hours categorizing music files or whatever, the kind of thing most people find boring and mundane. And everything has to follow the same format.

That's what drives me a bit nuts about the predictions thread, lol.

Punctuation. Particularly the incorrect use of apostrophes.

Speaking of which, capitalization is another one. Does my head in. People's first and second names begin with capital letters. Somebody tell our old friend Snoddy on Twitter. I love him but ffs man

PS it's a different thing with usernames, so not having a go at sirdennis, kefkat, mike field or anyone else who has a lower case username ;)

A mate of mine, Mikey, used to have a game called the number plate game, something to do with adding the value of the number to its
corresponding letter in the alphabet and then mixing those letters with the rest of the plate to make a word. He also had a some kind of a chant going at the lights that was random red, green, wait go and when he reached a certain combination he used to go anyway. Lost his licence in the end

It was a shame for the lad he was not the full ticket unfortunately after climbing on the roof of my mates mini at 50 mph and then jumping off into a hedge. The story even made the Sun on page 3 in the corner when the driver got sent down for three months

Speaking of which, capitalization is another one. Does my head in. People's first and second names begin with capital letters. Somebody tell our old friend Snoddy on Twitter. I love him but ffs man

PS it's a different thing with usernames, so not having a go at sirdennis, kefkat, mike field or anyone else who has a lower case username ;)

Oh FFS! Thanks for pointing that out! I had never realised before it wasnt a capital. Its going to do my head in now.

JF if I end up begging you to change the k to a capital see SJH

Oh FFS! Thanks for pointing that out! I had never realised before it wasnt a capital. Its going to do my head in now.

JF if I end up begging you to change the k to a capital see SJH

I can change it no problem if you wish !