Good Morning Thread | Page 313 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I was thinking that would be wedding bliss. A Spurs-supporting wife who goes to matches.
Gary wedding bliss, your avin a laff!
Mrs PY is a massive Spurs fan, but when she was fit n healthy if I ever mentioned, would you like to come with me, go to a match etc, the profanities in reply, saying basically its a mans/lads outing etc, well you get my drift lol!

Farters day folks......my 'kids' send me sarkey cards and sweets I do not like....what a luverly bunch!.....e.g a box of 12 Crunchies ...great for sticking to yer teeth and engratiating the gunge into your fillings.....waht happened to a nice craft beer or two?, ha ha...still it shows they still think of me, in a strange sort of way! Having said that one of them sent me a nice Havanna cigar which I will enjoy later with a nice 15 year old malt....mmmmmm

Weather dry but overcast and dull in the East.....but the grass has recovered from the dry spell and no longer looks like the golf course at Wolf Creek!

Watching the highlights of the US open day 3 this morning.....Torry Pines course is quite interesting, would not mind a round there one day! Rory has got himself nicely into contention for the final day with a second round 67 although Mr Wolff looks omminous and on a roll, as does Mr De Beau de Jolie Champagne or similar! (he won it last year of course)

Gonna be rooting for Wales later today.....Gareth to score BUT not from the spot!

Spain looked like a rebuild waiting to happen last night and the poles did well to come back and get a point, courtesy of their only world class player, Lendussomedoshyplease

Anyway have a great farters day everyone ...beans on toast for lunch for me and a curry later so I will be helping the Hydrogen Generation Strategy.....oops wrong thread (place in 13 years to unlimited energy please)

:smoke:
Haha Farter's Day, love it.
Yep as Greavsie said I got a number of cards n gifts, esp bloody sweets, a large Toblerone was one of em, used too be my fave, but with false gnashers now hard to munch, so gave it to one of the underprivileged kids, very sick, on Mrs PY's charity list.
Mind I did get a 6 pack of Real ales, "Old Speckled Hen" and a bottle of Woods Navy Rum, so will have a bevy or 2 this after.

Mrs PY had another jaunt down the drive this morning, she is doing really well, good on her, am chuffed to bits for her.

Oh yes, Walt how is the bird watching going, feathered that is, well the other is ok as long as Er in doors doesn't notice lol!

Hope all you Farters, pinching your word Greavsie, have a great day, you know you deserve it, keep safe n sound all. Cheers for now.

Thank you for your good wishes Walt and indeed thanks to all of you who have done the same. Yes we still go to just about every home game or we did till Covid curtailed our excesses! And yes you are reprieved as the oldest coffin dodger on here! Indeed I have a hunch that I may not be too as (please forgive me if I’m wrong) I think Fevvers may be the shining light there.
Enjoy your day. I hope your allotment isn’t as soggy as mine. Went over this morning - wow what a strawberry pick. Didn’t weigh them but must be over 2kg. Perfect for the family BBQ this pm.
Keep your posts going Walt. I love them as do I think just about all of us on here!
Good posts 54, seems that I beat you on the age stakes by about four months. My wife of 52 years started coming to Spurs with me when we first started going out in '66, and we were ever presents until my transfer to SA in '76. Much as I love the Club, whether the two of us could have kept up that level of devotion to the cause for the next forty five years is questionable.

Good posts 54, seems that I beat you on the age stakes by about four months. My wife of 52 years started coming to Spurs with me when we first started going out in '66, and we were ever presents until my transfer to SA in '76. Much as I love the Club, whether the two of us could have kept up that level of devotion to the cause for the next forty five years is questionable.

Great stuff S&J. I don’t mind being beaten on the age stakes. It doesn’t happen too often these days! I still suspect there may be one or two in this community that can make us feel youngsters……well maybe that’s going a bit too far…….!

Do you have allotments in your part of the world or are your gardens big enough .
Growing your own food is second to none . The buzz I get from what we do is amazing .
My wife plants the seeds , grows them on , transplants them into bigger pots , hands them over to me , and if I haven’t prepared the ground in advance I’m in trouble .
There is more planning and joy in all of that that I can say .
The taste of our own produce is second to none .
There's certainly something to be said for being self sufficient, especially in this day & age where almost everything is just a push of a button away.

good morning all , hope you are all well .

My wife can take or leave football . She is well into the current Euro Championships , more than me I would say .
But she doesn’t follow any club , apart from her love for Portsmouth , her home town . She wouldn’t know if they won , drew or lost a particular game , she just loves the club .

She does love winding me up and saying the banned “A“ word .
She knows it’s a word I never utter , I refer to them as “the club we never talk about in this house “, and she says “ oh you mean” …. and says their name !!!!

We have decided to grow our strawberries in the garden this year, 54 , for some reason they never do very well on the allotment , so they are in troughs .
They are doing well , better than last year .
A few things don’t do well on the allotment , celery , and cucumbers are the main culprits .
We are trying different types this year .

We are out today , shopping , and then I will have the rest of the week to get on the quagmire and try and do something after the deluge we had over the weekend .
I took about a hundred leeks up there on Thursday , they are just about ready to go in and I thought I could plant them Friday morning !!!!!! Yeah Right …….. I just hope they are still there and not floated away .

What on Earth happens with time , these days , when the heavens opened I thought that as I couldn’t get out , I would have had time to do everything else that needs doing at home .
Nope …… now here we are on Monday morning , bugger all has got done .

I’m a bit pissed off , my wife bought me a helicopter flight from our local airfield for Christmas 2020…… brilliant present and I couldn’t wait . I’ve never been up in a helicopter , and this one would have taken me over our house . We used to watch them all the time , we knew who they were because they were a certain colour ……. Red !!
Covid put paid to me being able to actually book the flight during 2020, then , when they did start flying again late last year , there was a backlog of booked flights and I couldn’t get in . Then we read that we could pay extra and have an extended flight over the Isle of Wight and go over Pompey’s and Matics houses !
So we did that .
They weren’t flying over the winter months , my wife phoned them last week to try and book for this summer and the buggers have gone bankrupt !!!!

I’ve got to wait now for the receivers apparently.
Didn’t know the American Football was involved .
Great ennit .!

Anyhow , hope you all have a good day , keep well , keep safe and look after each other .
At least Pompey and Matic can safely sunbathe without me swooping down on them!!
Every cloud !!!!! Or not as the case may be .

Haha Farter's Day, love it.
Yep as Greavsie said I got a number of cards n gifts, esp bloody sweets, a large Toblerone was one of em, used too be my fave, but with false gnashers now hard to munch, so gave it to one of the underprivileged kids, very sick, on Mrs PY's charity list.
Mind I did get a 6 pack of Real ales, "Old Speckled Hen" and a bottle of Woods Navy Rum, so will have a bevy or 2 this after.

Mrs PY had another jaunt down the drive this morning, she is doing really well, good on her, am chuffed to bits for her.

Oh yes, Walt how is the bird watching going, feathered that is, well the other is ok as long as Er in doors doesn't notice lol!

Hope all you Farters, pinching your word Greavsie, have a great day, you know you deserve it, keep safe n sound all. Cheers for now.
Pompey , really glad to hear your wife is doing so well with her walking . That’s is just a massive achievement on her part . Using muscles she won’t have used for a while is amazing . Give her our best regards .

We don’t do Fathers Day , ! Well I would …..but the buggers that should …., don’t !!!! :taz::finger:………..

I did get a WhatsApp message though !!!

. The birdwatching is brilliant at the moment , we have just bought another open fronted nesting box , there is a bit of interest but nothing happening at the moment , it’s the wrong time of year I think .
The woodpecker seems to have gone , maybe he is there , he certainly isn’t pecking away like there is no tomorrow , as he was.
We had a Buzzard in the tree outside our lounge window recently . What an amazing bird . Now that I’ve got my bird identification thing , I know ‘what’s what’ to a certain extent .

It was there for a couple of days . I tried to get a photo , but the tree is too tall and he was perched right at the top . It did come down on the ground a few times but every time I dashed (!) out to get a photo it shot away !

The robins are still all around us , they are lovely birds and their twitterings are beautiful.
I did see a Jay up on the allotment , and we have all sorts or finches and tits up there . Fousens of kin pigeons as well , buggers .

The Magpies tear the garden to pieces looking for things under the plants , I’ve tried to plant some ground cover plants in the front garden a few times now and they keep pulling it all up .
I've had to “net “ it this time , and hope it can get a decent start and put its roots down .
. Take care mate

Last edited:
good morning all , hope you are all well .

My wife can take or leave football . She is well into the current Euro Championships , more than me I would say .
But she doesn’t follow any club , apart from her love for Portsmouth , her home town . She wouldn’t know if they won , drew or lost a particular game , she just loves the club .

She does love winding me up and saying the banned “A“ word .
She knows it’s a word I never utter , I refer to them as “the club we never talk about in this house “, and she says “ oh you mean” …. and says their name !!!!

We have decided to grow our strawberries in the garden this year, 54 , for some reason they never do very well on the allotment , so they are in troughs .
They are doing well , better than last year .
A few things don’t do well on the allotment , celery , and cucumbers are the main culprits .
We are trying different types this year .

We are out today , shopping , and then I will have the rest of the week to get on the quagmire and try and do something after the deluge we had over the weekend .
I took about a hundred leeks up there on Thursday , they are just about ready to go in and I thought I could plant them Friday morning !!!!!! Yeah Right …….. I just hope they are still there and not floated away .

What on Earth happens with time , these days , when the heavens opened I thought that as I couldn’t get out , I would have had time to do everything else that needs doing at home .
Nope …… now here we are on Monday morning , bugger all has got done .

I’m a bit pissed off , my wife bought me a helicopter flight from our local airfield for Christmas 2020…… brilliant present and I couldn’t wait . I’ve never been up in a helicopter , and this one would have taken me over our house . We used to watch them all the time , we knew who they were because they were a certain colour ……. Red !!
Covid put paid to me being able to actually book the flight during 2020, then , when they did start flying again late last year , there was a backlog of booked flights and I couldn’t get in . Then we read that we could pay extra and have an extended flight over the Isle of Wight and go over Pompey’s and Matics houses !
So we did that .
They weren’t flying over the winter months , my wife phoned them last week to try and book for this summer and the buggers have gone bankrupt !!!!

I’ve got to wait now for the receivers apparently.
Didn’t know the American Football was involved .
Great ennit .!

Anyhow , hope you all have a good day , keep well , keep safe and look after each other .
At least Pompey and Matic can safely sunbathe without me swooping down on them!!
Every cloud !!!!! Or not as the case may be .

More of that incessant rain here today Walt. My allotment suffers from onion white root rot. Yes I know it sounds painful but whilst I grow onions I have to get there before it gets a hold. I am nor successful with leeks for that reason plus some other little pink streaking in the white flesh. Sounds a bit like hippy make up really! I need to get down there probably tomorrow now, to plant up brassicas, weed the root vegetables - gosh those weeds can grow!- and pick more strawberries. Suppose I’m lucky really as no problems other than with onions. I’m told our allotment have banned the favourite slug food - blue pellets. Good job I haven’t seen the notice!
Anyway I’m rambling like you now! Must be a codger trait. Must get on with reading the rest of the posts on here to catch up.
To all of you out there, enjoy your day!

Pompey , really glad to hear your wife is doing so well with her walking . That’s is just a massive achievement on her part . Using muscles she won’t have used for a while is amazing . Give her our best regards .

We don’t do Fathers Day , ! Well I would …..but the buggers that should …., don’t !!!! :taz::finger:………..

I did get a WhatsApp message though !!!

. The birdwatching is brilliant at the moment , we have just bought another open fronted nesting box , there is a bit of interest but nothing happening at the moment , it’s the wrong time of year I think .
The woodpecker seems to have gone , maybe he is there , he certainly isn’t pecking away like there is no tomorrow , as he was.
We had a Buzzard in the tree outside our lounge window recently . What an amazing bird . Now that I’ve got my bird identification thing , I know ‘what’s what’ to a certain extent .

It was there for a couple of days . I tried to get a photo , but the tree is too tall and he was perched right at the top . It did come down on the ground a few times but every time I dashed (!) out to get a photo it shot away !

The robins are still all around us , they are lovely birds and their twitterings are beautiful.
I did see a Jay up on the allotment , and we have all sorts or finches and tits up there . Fousens of kin pigeons as well , buggers .

The Magpies tear the garden to pieces looking for things under the plants , I’ve tried to plant some ground cover plants in the front garden a few times now and they keep pulling it all up .
I've had to “net “ it this time , and hope it can get a decent start and put its roots down .
. Take care mate
Well good morning Walt, mind not much sunbathing appening ere so you could have swooped over/down all you liked, Mrs Py would have been out like a shot to take a photo, she does love the helo's and gets really pissed at me for telling her how many time's I have been up in them.
Hope ya get your dosh back, but am not holding out to much for that, sorry to be a downer.

That's great with you installing nesting boxes, will probably be great for next year rather than this, when the nesting season starts again, it is is almost over for the little birds, though the pesky pigeons breed any where any time I think, tarts.
The lovely Birds Lol! as in Robins, you watch em closely they, though being lovely, are hard little bastards, and tend to try and rule the garden they frequent, it is great to watch, think they have the little bird syndrome lol!

Right now all the birdies are eating feverishly to feed the next gen of their species, so as you have seen they are all around, beautiful isn't it.
The Jay what a beauty that is a great sighting, as for the Maggies I love em, yes they can be a bloody nuisance, but that's the wild for you.
Your Buzzard another beauty, is he/she still hanging around?
The Woody I expect it will be back they do tend to do that!

In our garden we have a new regular, bloody great shite hawk, who sits on the fence outside our kitchen door going phut, phut, phut, phut, or summat like that, even our African Grey is mimicking it, demanding Mrs PY chucks out food for him/her, I said your own fault for encouraging it, your Crows aint appy lol!

Any way all for now, all have a great day, keep keeping yourselves, kin n oppos safe.

Shit weather in the East and worse to come from midday so no bowls/beers for me today.

So listening to sounds again James Brown Live in New York currently on the Turntable ...sitting down but my feet can't keep still ha ha.

Rory blew a wonderful chance in the USA open....******! a few bad holes when in contention 12 and 13 were a nightmare for him dropping 3 shots and he went out of contention....

Well done Wales despite Bale missing a sitter so knife edge stuff until final whistle and fears the Swiss would grab another goal v the Turks....albeit it was Italy's second team having a run out.!

I wish our National team showed as much guts as the Welsh ..lets hope we go through else Southgate may well be looking for another job ....help!!!!!!

Walt can you tell me the definition of what a weed is rather than something people are happy to have/appear in their garden...they are all plants after all!

As for those Magpies why the fcuk are you letting Newcastle fans into your prized garden...you know what a bunch of morons they are, spewing up and shiting all over the place, and thats just the females!

Anyway I wont write any more today as I dont want to tire out all the old fart football supporters on this site,and strain their sight! A strange competition I must say in the recent posts ....my wrinkes are older than your wrinkles, my hearing is fcuked, I can't walk 100 steps without gettin outta breath.......wow think young live long (I'm still 18 wondering what I am gonna do with my life honest guv)

:punk:

Shit weather in the East and worse to come from midday so no bowls/beers for me today.

So listening to sounds again James Brown Live in New York currently on the Turntable ...sitting down but my feet can't keep still ha ha.

Rory blew a wonderful chance in the USA open....******! a few bad holes when in contention 12 and 13 were a nightmare for him dropping 3 shots and he went out of contention....

Well done Wales despite Bale missing a sitter so knife edge stuff until final whistle and fears the Swiss would grab another goal v the Turks....albeit it was Italy's second team having a run out.!

I wish our National team showed as much guts as the Welsh ..lets hope we go through else Southgate may well be looking for another job ....help!!!!!!

Walt can you tell me the definition of what a weed is rather than something people are happy to have/appear in their garden...they are all plants after all!

As for those Magpies why the fcuk are you letting Newcastle fans into your prized garden...you know what a bunch of morons they are, spewing up and shiting all over the place, and thats just the females!

Anyway I wont write any more today as I dont want to tire out all the old fart football supporters on this site,and strain their sight! A strange competition I must say in the recent posts ....my wrinkes are older than your wrinkles, my hearing is fcuked, I can't walk 100 steps without gettin outta breath.......wow think young live long (I'm still 18 wondering what I am gonna do with my life honest guv)

:punk:

May be oldish Greavsie but still very active, golf, allotment plus 3 other gardens and young at heart too! Only thing that wears me down just now is our club and its being incapable of making its key appointment. Enjoy your vinyl!

Afternoon you lot, hope we are all happy, even though the weaver is shit down these parts.

Said to Mrs PY earlier, walkies time for her outdoors traipse, um! the reply basically said "I am not going out there to get wet" me replied Whoose are you made of sugar, you can guess her reply.

So off out after to feed my aviary birds with their daily dose of chopped up carrot tops, they love em! anyways it seems I cut my arm, did not notice, on a spike of mesh on the door as I entered the Aviary, so as I am on blood thinners there was the red stuff every where, I got it on the Fridge door, god know how, all over the kitchen sides, even on my legs, well that set Er in Doors off, as you can probably imagine, where's all the blood coming from etc looks like there has been a massacre lol!
Any way on cleaning my arm, discovered it was a 1/2 inch long cut that was the culprit, more from Er! didn't you feel that, your skin must be like bloody leather, me um "no!"

Then the battle of the carpet cleaner v hound, barking his head off running back n forth, jesus never seen a reaction like that before lol!

Just another day in the PompeyYid household, tata/over n out for now, keep safe and look after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Afternoon you lot, hope we are all happy, even though the weaver is shit down these parts.

Said to Mrs PY earlier, walkies time for her outdoors traipse, um! the reply basically said "I am not going out there to get wet" me replied Whoose are you made of sugar, you can guess her reply.

So off out after to feed my aviary birds with their daily dose of chopped up carrot tops, they love em! anyways it seems I cut my arm, did not notice, on a spike of mesh on the door as I entered the Aviary, so as I am on blood thinners there was the red stuff every where, I got it on the Fridge door, god know how, all over the kitchen sides, even on my legs, well that set Er in Doors off, as you can probably imagine, where's all the blood coming from etc looks like there has been a massacre lol!
Any way on cleaning my arm, discovered it was a 1/2 inch long cut that was the culprit, more from Er! didn't you feel that, your skin must be like bloody leather, me um "no!"

Then the battle of the carpet cleaner v hound, barking his head off running back n forth, jesus never seen a reaction like that before lol!

Just another day in the PompeyYid household, tata/over n out for now, keep safe and look after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Rusty old spike of wire with bird shit on it ?
Not great.

Hi all! Just ben reading through all the posts and catching up on the day in the lives of the VS family. Great to see everyone is busy, and getting out and about.

Had the operation on Friday. Stones blasted and apparently the surgeon collects the bits in a basket then pulls it out through the "old fella'. I woke up in recovery with a garden hose sized catheter. The pain was damn intense pre op until they removed what I later learned was a two pronged catheter (two sperate tubes) a bout 30 hours after the op. So far so good. Kidneys hurt like a bastard after them rooting around in there, and now all the anesthetic has worn off.

Hoping you cut in the arm heals quick PY. Hoping you get the money back on the helicopter joy flight Walt.

Keep an eye out for Tits at the allotment. That would be the only thing that would entice me to do a spot of gardening!

Enjoy the Euros, (Go Scotland!) bird watching, bird feeding, gardening and vinyl.

Hi all! Just ben reading through all the posts and catching up on the day in the lives of the VS family. Great to see everyone is busy, and getting out and about.

Had the operation on Friday. Stones blasted and apparently the surgeon collects the bits in a basket then pulls it out through the "old fella'. I woke up in recovery with a garden hose sized catheter. The pain was damn intense pre op until they removed what I later learned was a two pronged catheter (two sperate tubes) a bout 30 hours after the op. So far so good. Kidneys hurt like a bastard after them rooting around in there, and now all the anesthetic has worn off.

Hoping you cut in the arm heals quick PY. Hoping you get the money back on the helicopter joy flight Walt.

Keep an eye out for Tits at the allotment. That would be the only thing that would entice me to do a spot of gardening!

Enjoy the Euros, (Go Scotland!) bird watching, bird feeding, gardening and vinyl.

Glad to know you have come through the op well Hod! Sounds really painful but hopefully it exchanges long term pain for short term post op discomfort. I hate medical intervention and anyone messing around with me so hats off to you. Hope recovery goes well and you get back to being fighting fit!