Good Morning Thread | Page 118 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all , another hot and sticky night , the weather was hot hot as well !
I think we had a bit of rain , don’t think it was two months worth in ten minutes as the papers were suggesting online . Bloke two doors down was busy in his garage yesterday , sounded like he was building an Ark . !
It’s getting very near Haircut day again , I’m getting very close to my Freddie Boswell look again .AB5E970E-6BB7-44AD-9DF3-B38C9827D9D6.jpeg
Think I’ve even got that shirt ! Couldn’t stand that moustache though , would make me look stupid !
Ive got to find a way to put a video on here, from my phone , of the spitfire over our house last year . I keep getting told it’s too big . Story of my life really ! I’d like a pound for every time I’ve heard that ! Ha ha .
Weird how it wasn’t long ago we had phones , cameras , and video cameras , how on earth did we ever carry all that about with us ,
I can remember coming down on a cable car in the Alps , videoing our friend as she ski’d down just below us . She wanted it to show everyone what a good skier she was . It was all working out perfect , I was getting some great video as we seemed to have timed it all perfectly , her coming down behind us , going directly underneath us and then ski ing off in front zig zagging to perfection .......... when I realised as I went to turn it off that I hadn’t pressed the record button !!!!!!!!!! She wasn’t impressed . Oh well , never mind a !
gotta go , coffees don’t make themselves you know , it’s quite pleasant on the patio this morning, Quite a nice temperature, its gone right down to 28 degrees . Positively chilly !
stay safe and uncomplacent and keep the alert levels on high .

Good morning all , another hot and sticky night , the weather was hot hot as well !
I think we had a bit of rain , don’t think it was two months worth in ten minutes as the papers were suggesting online . Bloke two doors down was busy in his garage yesterday , sounded like he was building an Ark . !
It’s getting very near Haircut day again , I’m getting very close to my Freddie Boswell look again .View attachment 41361
Think I’ve even got that shirt ! Couldn’t stand that moustache though , would make me look stupid !
Ive got to find a way to put a video on here, from my phone , of the spitfire over our house last year . I keep getting told it’s too big . Story of my life really ! I’d like a pound for every time I’ve heard that ! Ha ha .
Weird how it wasn’t long ago we had phones , cameras , and video cameras , how on earth did we ever carry all that about with us ,
I can remember coming down on a cable car in the Alps , videoing our friend as she ski’d down just below us . She wanted it to show everyone what a good skier she was . It was all working out perfect , I was getting some great video as we seemed to have timed it all perfectly , her coming down behind us , going directly underneath us and then ski ing off in front zig zagging to perfection .......... when I realised as I went to turn it off that I hadn’t pressed the record button !!!!!!!!!! She wasn’t impressed . Oh well , never mind a !
gotta go , coffees don’t make themselves you know , it’s quite pleasant on the patio this morning, Quite a nice temperature, its gone right down to 28 degrees . Positively chilly !
stay safe and uncomplacent and keep the alert levels on high .

Stick it on youtube:

https://www.dummies.com/consumer-el...load-videos-to-youtube-with-an-android-phone/

and then just paste the link into this thread!

Last edited:
I think I might need to start a Golf thread; I shall now break my promise not to mention it again for the second time, so the promise is now defunct.

Played yesterday, got to finish the 12th and was on for the best round I'd played since the end of lockdown, I was 4 over par, and feeling magnificent about my play, I'd hit nothing but fairways, avoided the bunkers and was holing my putts - it was as good as it gets. Then the golfing God decided to fcuk it all up...

Then the heavens opened, got trenched, decided to try and wait it out, which was pointless and gave up.

This game drives you nuts, if you haven't taken it up, don't. If you have, you'll one day end up as bonkers as I am, the game just beats your brain into submission!

My daughter has started lessons again, I've warned her, but she would not listen.

Beg to differ slightly Walthy.... Greavsie was excellent with his head thats why he scored so many memorable goals...he outwitted so many defenders over his career due to his speed of thought and reaction..... I admit he never scored many directly with his head as you say....thats why he stayed sharp not brain dead and 'altziemery' like all the centre halves were then who thought their legs were for standing on, not for kicking a ball.

My hair is almost ready to be platted and permanently looks like I have been in a wind tunnel...Good point is that people do cross the road when they see me coming heh heh as they don't want to get too close to a lunatic.spurs supporter!

Talikng of video cameras a mate of mine got married in the early 80's and a friend of ours said...i have a video recorder and will film the whole thing (what he would do to get a free meal and booze eh!) anyway he turned up with the camera which he had to hold with two hands, one on the 'trigger' and rest it on his shoulder and had a punkawallah (his son) walk behind him closely, almost up his arse (as the connecting cable was not too long) carrying the huge battery....he thought he was 'Kubrikesk' ....on playback lots of frames of ceilings floors peoples shoes ...very avant guarde!

Remember when we grew up Walthy, a mobile phone was a big red box stationed on the corner of some streets that if you were not mobile you could not get to it to make a call. Usually smelled of unpleasant oozes and hardly ever worked, If one was working there was a queue ...good job there was no social distancing in them days else the queue would have been all the way back to yer ouse! Many people looking distressed and angry looking at watches as the tasty mini skirted bird in the phone box put even more pennys in the slot ...yapping non-stop.

Still some of us had portable cassette recorders to listen to cassette tapes whilst in the queue and spent our time waiting with streams of tape flowing in the wind as we tried to untangle and rewind which had got stuck in the damned thing.

And finally you were not anyone if you did not have a brownie 127!

Last edited:
Beg to differ slightly Walthy.... Greavsie was excellent with his head thats why he scored so many memorable goals...he outwitted so many defenders over his career due to his speed of thought and reaction..... I admit he never scored many directly with his head as you say....thats why he stayed sharp not brain dead and 'altziemery' like all the centre halves were then who thought their legs were for standing on, not for kicking a ball.

My hair is almost ready to be platted and permanently looks like I have been in a wind tunnel...Good point is that people do cross the road when they see me coming heh heh as they don't want to get too close to a lunatic.spurs supporter!

Talikng of video cameras a mate of mine got married in the early 80's and a friend of ours said...i have a video recorder and will film the whole thing (what he would do to get a free meal and booze eh!) anyway he turned up with the camera which he had to hold with two hands, one on the 'trigger' and rest it on his shoulder and had a punkawallah (his son) walk behind him closely, almost up his arse (as the connecting cable was not too long) carrying the huge battery....he thought he was 'Kubrikesk' ....on playback lots of frames of ceilings floors peoples shoes ...very avant guarde!

Remember when we grew up Walthy, a mobile phone was a big red box stationed on the corner of some streets that if you were not mobile you could not get to it to make a call. Usually smelled of unpleasant oozes and hardly ever worked, If one was working there was a queue ...good job there was no social distancing in them days else the queue would have been all the way back to yer ouse! Many people looking distressed and angry looking at watches as the tasty mini skirted bird in the phone box put even more pennys in the slot ...yapping non-stop.

Still some of us had portable cassette recorders to listen to cassette tapes whilst in the queue and spent our time waiting with streams of tape flowing in the wind as we tried to untangle and rewind which had got stuck in the damned thing.

And finally you were not anyone if you did not have a brownie 127!
Don’t get me back on queuing ! I’d forgotten queuing existed back then. There is a whole new world of queuing reminiscing to be brought to life . :wahey::p

Quote -Landcruiser Sahara V8 Twin Turbo Diesel- In terms of power, 200kW at 3600rpm is solid if a little paltry for the capacity, but 650Nm at 1600–2600rpm is where the party’s at. This torque gives the engine a relaxed and muscular feeling to drive.
As expensive as it is, the LandCruiser is also kind of unique. Along with room for seven aboard the 4990mm of length, the twin-turbo 4.5-litre diesel V8 is only matched and/or beaten in terms of displacement and torque by high-end Range Rovers and American full-size trucks.
Afternoon Hod, thanks for that I might well have a search around and see if I can have a test drive in one, impressive stats, thanks again.

Yes, I've been following F1 for many years, and I must say, the modern version we see is abysmal compared to the 80' 90's and early 2000's.

Too big a gap between Mercedes and the rest. I simply can't stand Lewis Hamilton's need to force all drivers to kneel, and condemns them if they don't. Who the hell is he? Stuck stick to driving ya twat.

I do miss the sound of the screaming V10's of yesteryear. Nowadays we have a highly strung 1.6 litre V6 Hybrid Turbo, tuned to within an inch of its life to produce 880HP. It is boring at best, but I still stay up to watch it.
Hey Hod, you are so right regards F1 around the 80's/90's that's, the end of those era's is probably when I did start to hate the sport, and agree with missing that rumble/screaming of the V10's, and as for today's whining engines, no thanks.

You ask who Lewis Hamilton is? answer he is a Choc Ice prick, I know what I would love to do to him with his steering column!

I think I might need to start a Golf thread; I shall now break my promise not to mention it again for the second time, so the promise is now defunct.

Played yesterday, got to finish the 12th and was on for the best round I'd played since the end of lockdown, I was 4 over par, and feeling magnificent about my play, I'd hit nothing but fairways, avoided the bunkers and was holing my putts - it was as good as it gets. Then the golfing God decided to fcuk it all up...

Then the heavens opened, got trenched, decided to try and wait it out, which was pointless and gave up.

This game drives you nuts, if you haven't taken it up, don't. If you have, you'll one day end up as bonkers as I am, the game just beats your brain into submission!

My daughter has started lessons again, I've warned her, but she would not listen.
Only drives you nuts if you take it seriously....having had my lesson on Monday and consequently armed with the best swing in the world I opted to put it to the test this morning in the Big Bucks competition...obviously my swing was perfect and the problem was the course just isn’t designed to benefit from my excellence...that’s my way of looking at 30 Point Stableford round...however it was worth it for the the bar banter afterwards and a couple of drinks which put the world to rights with the icing on the cake being the appearance of an Amozonian super model in the clubhouse...no one seemed to have any idea who she was but no one had the nerve to ask her if she wanted play a round...she wasn’t wearing a mask though...naughty lady...life can be worth living thanks to these small mercies...stay alert everyone and safe..

Well here it is folks, episode 2 the "Spiky Bing Bong" story, the big hound, Bull Terrier of ours brought in two of the beasties, with that smug happy look on his boatrace, last night, the Hogs Rescue Service came and collected them after we safely put them in a box with water and some of BT's dog food, not so smug now are ya lol!

Anyway I have had another seek n search around the garden, to come with "where the eff are they coming from".

More to follow in this series I expect.

Yes Greavsie we are a bit headstrong in our love for all things motorised lol!
No probs with you guys having passion mate! Just not my cup of tea.

Bit like where i live now on the coast with a yatching club etc. People ask me have i got a boat/yacht. I say no I was brought up in london.....a rowing boat on Victoria Park was the closest I came to water apart from playing by the canals. So my love of boaty stuff = invite me on your yatcht mate ...you maintain it I enjoy it...job done.

Bit like where i live now on the coast with a yatching club etc. People ask me have i got a boat/yacht. I say no I was brought up in london.....a rowing boat on Victoria Park was the closest I came to water apart from playing by the canals. So my love of boaty stuff = invite me on your yatcht mate ...you maintain it I enjoy it...job done.
Viccy Park , amazing place . Made famous , kind of , by the Small
Faces Itchykoo Park .

To be honest Greavsie, tho I might be a bit of a petrol head, when it comes to Yachts no thanks, mind a big twin engined V6 cruiser, couldn't afford one, would do me, spent a lot of time at sea, whilst serving this! Great country lol!

Ex , I’m on about loading videos from my I phone onto this site . Photos I’m ok with but with videos im told they are too big to load just by trying to attach them .
Or am I maintaining my technical ability by just not understanding !!!!!!

That's why you have to put it onto a video platform content first (I'm suggesting Youtube).

Open an account on youtube and then if you have wifi or can attach your phone to your laptop, you can load straight to youtube and then you can copy the url and past that url here and hey presto the video will appear!

Viccy Park , amazing place . Made famous , kind of , by the Small
Faces Itchykoo Park .

Not sure about that Walthy my view is that song's name is derived from the nickname of Little Ilford Park in Manor Park, where Small Faces' singer and songwriter Steve Marriott grew up. The "itchycoo" nickname is I believe attributed to the stinging nettles which grew there. ....only a rumour mind but fits in with what I thought/grew up with....who knows?

Vicky Park had watering troughs around the perimeter for all the horses to drink from, plus the boating/fishing lake and I seem to remember paddocks with Deer in, not old dears but those of the antler ilk! (or is that Elk ha ha)

Not sure about that Walthy my view is that song's name is derived from the nickname of Little Ilford Park in Manor Park, where Small Faces' singer and songwriter Steve Marriott grew up. The "itchycoo" nickname is I believe attributed to the stinging nettles which grew there. ....only a rumour mind but fits in with what I thought/grew up with....who knows?

Vicky Park had watering troughs around the perimeter for all the horses to drink from, plus the boating/fishing lake and I seem to remember paddocks with Deer in, not old dears but those of the antler ilk! (or is that Elk ha ha)
yeah you are right Greavsie , I’ve just googled it and it’s exactly as you said . I’ve spent my life since the sixties believing that it was Vicky park . You live and learn something every day . If only we had a thread where we could post about what we learned today !