Good Morning Thread | Page 117 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Further Hoddle, I just read your Holdens 0-60mph, excellent what a rush, my Truck weighs in at 2.75ton, and we did a speed trial a number of years ago and got 0-60mpm in 7 seconds so not bad eh! I remember when I first drove it in 2006, I was poodling along at 80mph on the M27, then got flashed up by a BMW, so heavily kicked it down, not realising it had stage kickdowns, result rear smokey wheel spin, head jammed against head rest, speedo off the clock, adrenaline rush prevailed, look in rear mirror no BMW, I will never forget that, the 5.7 V8 Hemi has some balls.

Wow, that's brilliant for a vehicle weighing 2.75t!

Can't beat the rush of big HP eh!

Afternoon Hoddle, I think we are from the same mold there, your Holden yes that is as you put it a great bit of kit, and as mine going up in value, I have through my life owned mainly V8 engined vehicles, Land Rover Defenders, Disco's 2 & 3, Rover car itself, 1976 Dodge Charger, wish I had kept this one, all excellent V8's.

Look after your beast mate.

Yes, I just love V8's. She sits in the garage fully detailed, but I do enjoy her on some weekends. I too have had many V8's. I have a list of all the vehicles I've owned since I was 18. 104 vehicles all up.

I bet you wish you still had that Dodge Charger!

I had a Porsche Cayenne V8 with upgraded exhaust etc for a while. A real low mileage car and it was just wonderful. Sold it about 18 months ago.

I'm selling my company car which is a 2018 V6 330HP Commodore VXR AWD with Brembo brakes and 9 speed box. That does 0-60 mph in 5 secs flat. Only done 40,000 miles in two years, but the company is buying me the last of the new Toyota Landcruiser twin Turbo V8 diesel. Toyota are retiring the V8 for a more eco friendly 6cyl. Boooo.
Should be here by 6th Sept, so pressure on to sell the VXR!

Ah the joys of cars. I'm a real petrol head at heart and sounds like we both came from the same mold.
Love my F1 and all sorts of car racing.

Good morning all , this weather is playing havoc with the plants on the allotment. Never mind . They will just have to get used to it .ive had to , and im the one going up there , sweating my gonads off just to give them a drink .
Didn’t see or read any news yesterday, couldn’t be bothered . Morons are not news anymore . They are the norm . The world is full of them , they even try to run some countries .
didn’t even watch any snooker . Spent most of the day in the garden , then on the allotment , then spent most of the evening trying to cool down . Watched Line Of Duty , that is really well written and acted . I’ve never seen the first series . Interesting to see how all the characters have all been integrated .
We were talking in the garden yesterday about how quiet it has been without the Spitfire flying over every half an hour . It takes off from Solent airfield which is very close to us and does flights for the hoi poloi. It’s not for the average Person at three thousand pounds a time , probably for half an hour over the Isle of Wight .
It was a novelty at first , having a Spitfire flying over all day ,fantastic sight and sound and they decorated it in the DDay colours last year .
There was also a fly past of Dakota's and others last year , right over our heads, two Doitfires doing aeronautics( looping the loop and defying the ground ! ) topped off with the Red Arrows about fifty foot high going right over our garden , which amazingly my wife caught on video ,

. There is a Cafe on the end of the runway where you can sit outside and watch the Spitfire load up and taxi off .Its all very pleasant .

My wife got me a helicopter ride for Christmas, which for various reasons I haven’t used yet , from this same airfield . They have just announced that they are resuming the flights , so I will be contacting them soon , I will wait for all the morons to book there flights first ! Don’t fancy waiting in a queue on the runway !
Got to go , plants don’t water themselves you know , hope the golf lesson went well Harry .

Great to read a day in the life of Walt.

The Spitfires flying over head must be an ineradicable experience Walt.

How to they do the joy flights as they only have one seat? Are they a mock up Spitfire?

I'd love to have one of these things and fly over a packed out Surfers Paradise beach on a summers day and buz the bathers below! Maybe some fake machine gun fire.

Oh, I hear Putin has a Covid cure! I can see that being rolled out all over the world lickety split....NOT.

Great to read a day in the life of Walt.

The Spitfires flying over head must be an ineradicable experience Walt.

How to they do the joy flights as they only have one seat? Are they a mock up Spitfire?

I'd love to have one of these things and fly over a packed out Surfers Paradise beach on a summers day and buz the bathers below! Maybe some fake machine gun fire.

Oh, I hear Putin has a Covid cure! I can see that being rolled out all over the world lickety split....NOT.
Hi Hod , we have two spitfires that fly over us , but they haven’t been seen since lockdown . One of them is a two seater , obviously one behind the other . When they first started two years ago , we used to stop whatever we were doing and just look in awe , now we don’t even bother . Shame really . I’ve joined the Spitfire adoption club and I can go to the hangers and see them being worked on . Cost £20 for a year . Doesn’t entitle me to a flight though !
They do make an awesome sound , quite unique .

Good morning all , really hot again last night , couldn’t hear the tv with all the fans goings on full blast . Ha ha . We had to make a choice , let the neighbours know what we were watching or turn the fans down . We opted for the fans . We like our neighbours !
All the fans do though is push the hot air around . I bought one of those so called “air coolers “ being advertised on tv this week . Whattallottabollox! ( other air coolers are available ) £40! Had it for a day and took it back . Not fit for purpose . They didn’t even ask me why I was returning it . Just gave me my money back .
I don’t know why I bought it without us doing our usual checking first , . .....
hope you are all well and looking after yourselves . Don’t get complacent. It’s waiting and it’s lurking .

Hi Hod , we have two spitfires that fly over us , but they haven’t been seen since lockdown . One of them is a two seater , obviously one behind the other . When they first started two years ago , we used to stop whatever we were doing and just look in awe , now we don’t even bother . Shame really . I’ve joined the Spitfire adoption club and I can go to the hangers and see them being worked on . Cost £20 for a year . Doesn’t entitle me to a flight though !

On YouTube there is a video about the Schneider Trophy air races from 1920/ 30. The one I refer to is 4.52 minutes long. Have a listen to the engines. The Supermarine S5 and S6 sound very Spitfire like. The S6 used a Rolls Royce supercharged engine from the R series. The Merlin engine was the result of these earlier engines built purely for performance, not longevity. In around 1930/31 an S6 broke the world speed record at approx 450 mph and that had two water floats hanging underneath !! They were seaplanes . They were beautiful to look at like the Spitfire , very streamlined. In the video there is footage of some doing low level passes just above the water, they are shifting !!

I know those planes. You can fly them if you have your pilot's licence. It's on my list.

Yes mate , it has been purchased by Fareham Borough Council and renamed . It is now a commercial light aircraft airfield . Very busy and getting busier . We get as many as thirty or so planes a day taking off and returning . They are not a problem to us as they do not ., and are not allowed to fly over any houses .,we also get the the Emergency air sea helicopters from there , ,
I’ve done a lot of work on that base as a civilian obviously , and not long ago , as they were going through the sale to the council , somebody found that the whole base was protected by underground pipe bombs which were to be detonated in the case of enemy aircraft landing and using the base during the war ! They were very unstable and had to be made safe . They could not do it safely so they detonated them one by one . We all had to either stay indoors or go to the Stubbington Community Centre every Monday . We opted to stay at home . One of the bombs shook our house really badly .it created a real vacuum
which hurt our ears !!!!!
happy days !!!
Thanks for that Walt, yes I remember now reading about the finding and disposal of the bombs in the Evening News, mind I didn't know Fareham Council purchased the airfield, excellent, I had many flights from there in the old Wessex helo's, great memories.

Yes, I just love V8's. She sits in the garage fully detailed, but I do enjoy her on some weekends. I too have had many V8's. I have a list of all the vehicles I've owned since I was 18. 104 vehicles all up.

I bet you wish you still had that Dodge Charger!

I had a Porsche Cayenne V8 with upgraded exhaust etc for a while. A real low mileage car and it was just wonderful. Sold it about 18 months ago.

I'm selling my company car which is a 2018 V6 330HP Commodore VXR AWD with Brembo brakes and 9 speed box. That does 0-60 mph in 5 secs flat. Only done 40,000 miles in two years, but the company is buying me the last of the new Toyota Landcruiser twin Turbo V8 diesel. Toyota are retiring the V8 for a more eco friendly 6cyl. Boooo.
Should be here by 6th Sept, so pressure on to sell the VXR!

Ah the joys of cars. I'm a real petrol head at heart and sounds like we both came from the same mold.
Love my F1 and all sorts of car racing.
Haha Hello to another petrol head lol!

You mentioned the Porsche Cayenne V8, for some reason I never fancied or even like them, thus never owned one, though some of my oppo's loved them.

Please do not mention my Old Dodge Charger lol! the biggest effin mistake I ever made selling it, I still live with regrets.

I do not know anything about your Commodore, but it sounds an exciting head turner.
As for the Landcruiser, never driven one, but I do know they are rated by many, but am afraid not up to standard compared to the good old Landy V8.

F1 you say, I just can't stand that Sport, but every other car racing in the world I love, but I really do hate F1, each to there own I suppose.

Afternoon all, looks like we have a nice problem in our garden, Spiky Bing Bongs, Hedgehogs, got that name because our departed now Staffies used to bring them indoors, unharmed, Mrs PY believed the dogs thought they were balls, they had 2 that when Bing Bong when played with, do you get the drift, if anyone can come up with a name its Mrs PY.

The problem started last night our rather large Bull Terrier brought a baby Spiky Bing Bong" indoors, chuffed to bits with himself, Mrs PY shouting at me come and set this crittur free which I did over the neighbours fence, then again this morning the the bloody hound brought in another one, a lot bigger, so probably mum or dad, released the same as the night before, thus had a bloody good look round the garden, nowhere for a nest, but found a lovely smooth hole under our fence between us and the neighbour, my thinking they have the nest.

Mrs PY contacted a friend who runs a Hedgehog rescue centre, it appears we are to put any others who get "capture" by our Bull Terrier into a box with dog food and water, they will then come and take them away to be released somewhere safe.

The adventure latest news will be forthcoming.

Thanks for that Walt, yes I remember now reading about the finding and disposal of the bombs in the Evening News, mind I didn't know Fareham Council purchased the airfield, excellent, I had many flights from there in the old Wessex helo's, great memories.
Still a lot of helicopters on the airfield . Get a lot of the twin Rotor transporters .

Are you talking about the ever faithful Chinook, I am going to have to get in my truck and have a trip over to take a peek.

Mrs PY was brought up in a Bungalow on the end of that Airfield so she is mighty interested in the modern day goings on.
Yes Pompey That’s the name . You turn right by the college In Cherque Farm Rd ( there is a set of lights there ) , go right to the end and park up by the cafe . The spitfires , when they are operating, taxi off from there . You can sit outside and watch all the comings and goings , whilst having a cuppa

Are you talking about the ever faithful Chinook, I am going to have to get in my truck and have a trip over to take a peek.

Mrs PY was brought up in a Bungalow on the end of that Airfield so she is mighty interested in the modern day goings on.
Pompey , there is a solent airport website that gives arrivals and departures on a daily basis . It’s worth checking before you go as the chinooks don’t land every day

Couldn’t find the O/T Matches thread....another bunch of crooks, PSG beat Atalanta 2-1 in the last couple of minutes...£gazillions vs make dos...how I detest these bought teams and Atalanta are my new heroes...hope PSG get blasted in the next game.

You mentioned the Porsche Cayenne V8, for some reason I never fancied or even like them, thus never owned one, though some of my oppo's loved them.

Please do not mention my Old Dodge Charger lol! the biggest effin mistake I ever made selling it, I still live with regrets.

I do not know anything about your Commodore, but it sounds an exciting head turner.
As for the Landcruiser, never driven one, but I do know they are rated by many, but am afraid not up to standard compared to the good old Landy V8.

F1 you say, I just can't stand that Sport, but every other car racing in the world I love, but I really do hate F1, each to there own I suppose.

Quote -Landcruiser Sahara V8 Twin Turbo Diesel- In terms of power, 200kW at 3600rpm is solid if a little paltry for the capacity, but 650Nm at 1600–2600rpm is where the party’s at. This torque gives the engine a relaxed and muscular feeling to drive.
As expensive as it is, the LandCruiser is also kind of unique. Along with room for seven aboard the 4990mm of length, the twin-turbo 4.5-litre diesel V8 is only matched and/or beaten in terms of displacement and torque by high-end Range Rovers and American full-size trucks.

Attachments

• Sahara 1.jpg
    Sahara 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Sahara 2.jpg
    Sahara 2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2
  • Sahara 3.jpg
    Sahara 3.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 2

Wow Walt....that's amazing...a two seater Spitfire! Must be such a privilege to see these things in the sky, let alone up close.
20 nicker seams like a bargain to be in the presence of such historic brilliance.

Yes, I've been following F1 for many years, and I must say, the modern version we see is abysmal compared to the 80' 90's and early 2000's.

Too big a gap between Mercedes and the rest. I simply can't stand Lewis Hamilton's need to force all drivers to kneel, and condemns them if they don't. Who the hell is he? Stuck stick to driving ya twat.

I do miss the sound of the screaming V10's of yesteryear. Nowadays we have a highly strung 1.6 litre V6 Hybrid Turbo, tuned to within an inch of its life to produce 880HP. It is boring at best, but I still stay up to watch it.