Good Morning Thread | Page 110 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all , paradise is beckoning once again .
I gave up on the Mr Wobbly and his helmet H ........... I just got the look ! ......!
although I did get a strange message from the good people at FitBit ( other devices are available ) , that suggested I should consider entering the olympics , they said It wasn’t physically possible for any human to take so many steps in such a short period of time . I haven’t a clue what they are on about ..........
Apparently Mo Farrah has got to watch out !
:innocent: ....... :shrug:
The planning for the new bathroom is inching closer every week, I’ve been putting it off because I’m so busy on the allotment but that time is slowly coming to an end . A lovely autumn project , getting everything together and getting it right . The bath will be coming out and a walk in shower cubicle , wet room style , going in .
Hope you are all well , avoid everything like the plague , treat everyone as if they are a walking Covid . When I’m driving , I treat every other driver driver like they are an idiot, I'm now treating everyone else as if they have it . . More so now because other people are getting so complacent . ‘Kin Worrying . Stay safe .

Last edited:
Ah, the look Walt...great stuff...your bathroom project reminds of one that I did for my wife when she was beginning to fail....when I say I did it, I was just the labourer for my mate Paul who is one of those guys who is good at everything...had to make a big change when water from the bathroom came through the lounge ceiling because the wife had left the bath shower head hanging over the side of the bath...

Anyway, took out the bath, bought a walk in shower unit, toilet, washbasin etc plus tiles...when the glass enclosure arrived it took the two of us to heave up the stairs..that thingweighed tons...I learned about marine ply and why it needs a coating of something before you put tiles over it or they all fall off, make sure you are ready to test plumbing changes before you switch the water back on, and finally how to tile a bathroom starting with a level wood batten screwed to the wall at the bottom and working upwards...

Sadly, my wife didn’t get to use it for long and I just use our en-suite shower room now, but it does make a good talking point when people come to stay...it was worth the effort...

Just had a cloudburst up here and nothing on the agenda today so I guess washing, cleaning and food shopping will be the entertainment....good luck with the bathroom Walt although you will know exactly what to do from your previous life and when it’s finished leave a few edition of Playboy lying around in there or maybe OK magazine to see if the misses might want to play in the shower...

stay safe not paranoid guys...it’s dangerous but you are in control...

Afternoon all, follow up to the allergy my missus had to "Stings", having rang the surgery to get a Doc ring back app't, approx' an hr later her Doc called at the house, because it seems her instant reaction to the sting wasn't right/abnormal, her ailment and diabetes apparently made him fearful, his words, anyway long story short, he said to thank the missus's Matron mate for reacting so efficiently and quickly, because if she hadn't done so, the missus would have died, his words again, christ almighty can you imagine how we felt, since then, the Doc has rang back to see how the missus is, the swelling has gone down a helluva lot now.

I cannot tell you how bloody relieved I am/we are.

Stay and keep safe all and keep away from the morons in our society.

Afternoon all, follow up to the allergy my missus had to "Stings", having rang the surgery to get a Doc ring back app't, approx' an hr later her Doc called at the house, because it seems her instant reaction to the sting wasn't right/abnormal, her ailment and diabetes apparently made him fearful, his words, anyway long story short, he said to thank the missus's Matron mate for reacting so efficiently and quickly, because if she hadn't done so, the missus would have died, his words again, christ almighty can you imagine how we felt, since then, the Doc has rang back to see how the missus is, the swelling has gone down a helluva lot now.

Phew mate that was a close call...what a bit of luck you called her friend the matron!

Shouldn’t he have given you one of those injection pens that immediately combat allergic reactions, which is probably what her Matron friend had?

Busy day off today. Trip to the tip ( they known us by first names now ). Then I had to take my wife to the aquatics centre for new pond plants, vented pots and some support sticks for our rather tall plants in our wetland feature.
I say I had to take her because if I hadn't I wouldn't get any peace.
Came back with a woodland forget me not and a golden buttons plant, both marginals who like it very wet. After planting the forget me not looked a bit sick so my wife sat out all afternoon with it nursing it or willing it back to life. I told her to just leave it and wait but she couldn't. A couple of hours later she came I and said.....I think it's going to be ok !! We also transplanted a variegated grass from the rockery into the pond, as we found out it's also a marginal, that's definitely an experiment.
Staked the tall bog plants to stop them bending or snapping like the last one did, that caused a paddy from my wife !!
I de -mozzied the ponds ( horrible little squirm larvae ) and topped them up with non tap water as they had lost their levels a touch with the hot weather. We are maxed out with wetland plants now with 11 in two ponds and a marsh area. Now she wants another pond , there is no pleasing her as Chas and Dave would say.

Glad that worked out ok for you both . Obviously you had no idea she was allergic to bee stings , , that’s frightening . It’s such an innocuous event that can end up costing you everything . You are so lucky to have a friend that knew what to do , and now a doctor who recognised the position she was in . Goii on s luck to you both .

Good morning all , weather looks set fine for a while , think I will be cleaning windows today . Either that or painting the rear fence and repairing the gate , which needs adjusting and strengthening . It’s a bit like the bloke who fitted it , old and decrepit... In need of a bit of love and attention , the gate ....... not me . I get plenty of that .
The wooden greenhouse needs rubbing down and repainting , all “this time of year“ jobs.
Harry , it’s nearly time to cut your lavender plants down , when the flower heads start dying off , losing their bright colour , cut the stems down to the main bunch of leaves . They will grow back stronger and you wont get a tal “ leggy “ plant . Next year you can leave them a bit longer above the leaves , and the same the following year . They will grow into a thick bushy plant that way .

Weird situations going on with this local lockdown , families in Manchester areas , is that you H ? , can meet in McDonald's for lunch but not in each other’s houses .
Big push on reducing obesity, then they cut the price of fast foods in half . Creating more queues . ..... I haven’t been involved in a queue for ages . They have all moved up north now . No queues to be seen anywhere down here ,
Don’t get involved in this complacency malarkey . It’s dangerous . Keep alert , don’t let your guard down . It’s lurking around every corner . Waiting to pounce .
I went to our local shop yesterday for a pint of milk , they have a sanitising station just as you walk in , normally it’s empty in there , it was yesterday but I had to wait to get in because an elderly lady , ie , someone older than me , was almost having a bath in the stuff . She wasn’t taking any chances , that’s for sure .,Problem was , that because the sanitation station was at the entrance of the store , nobody could get passed her , either to get in or out . I thought at one time she was going to wash her feet in it as well . She was as clean as a squid , at the end , would have passed muster at any police forensic site . Bless her .
Hope you are all well , hope your wife is better Pompey , hope your loft is good Harry , hope your pond life is thriving , Nick , and every thing is good for you all , 80 busy at work , Ex with his building work , etc , and hope Greavsie has got over the blues . Stay safe

Love this thread; such great random thoughts on occasion.

hari, when did you lose your wife?

Walthy, you make me laugh everyday

In fact the effort here and the fun you inject into it at times just makes me laugh!

Have a good day all, quick trip down to Sussex for me today to check on the progress by the builders there.

Good morning all , weather looks set fine for a while , think I will be cleaning windows today . Either that or painting the rear fence and repairing the gate , which needs adjusting and strengthening . It’s a bit like the bloke who fitted it , old and decrepit... In need of a bit of love and attention , the gate ....... not me . I get plenty of that .
The wooden greenhouse needs rubbing down and repainting , all “this time of year“ jobs.
Harry , it’s nearly time to cut your lavender plants down , when the flower heads start dying off , losing their bright colour , cut the stems down to the main bunch of leaves . They will grow back stronger and you wont get a tal “ leggy “ plant . Next year you can leave them a bit longer above the leaves , and the same the following year . They will grow into a thick bushy plant that way .

Weird situations going on with this local lockdown , families in Manchester areas , is that you H ? , can meet in McDonald's for lunch but not in each other’s houses .
Big push on reducing obesity, then they cut the price of fast foods in half . Creating more queues . ..... I haven’t been involved in a queue for ages . They have all moved up north now . No queues to be seen anywhere down here ,
Don’t get involved in this complacency malarkey . It’s dangerous . Keep alert , don’t let your guard down . It’s lurking around every corner . Waiting to pounce .
I went to our local shop yesterday for a pint of milk , they have a sanitising station just as you walk in , normally it’s empty in there , it was yesterday but I had to wait to get in because an elderly lady , ie , someone older than me , was almost having a bath in the stuff . She wasn’t taking any chances , that’s for sure .,Problem was , that because the sanitation station was at the entrance of the store , nobody could get passed her , either to get in or out . I thought at one time she was going to wash her feet in it as well . She was as clean as a squid , at the end , would have passed muster at any police forensic site . Bless her .
Hope you are all well , hope your wife is better Pompey , hope your loft is good Harry , hope your pond life is thriving , Nick , and every thing is good for you all , 80 busy at work , Ex with his building work , etc , and hope Greavsie has got over the blues . Stay safe

You are always amusing Walt, but today's post is classic stuff. You should have been a John Bishop style comic, not telling jokes, just talking about life in general in a very amusing way.

Morning all. noice here in the east today.

Yesterday we had to venture to Norfolk to look at a house for the young family (son wife and 4 kids) of life long friends of ours who live too far away for initial viewing.

Not happy but we are so much nearer to it than them by a ocountry mile. and so reluctantly diid a full rto check out actual versus sales pics and the area..

So masks at the ready and nice easy drive on back roads to the village about 20 miles south of Norwich, which we enjoyed with sarnies and flask for lunch stop. .

Well we were armed with 40 Q's (not the dangerous queues Walthy!) about the house the area the schools the nightlife (ha ha - not up there mate!) ammenities, and all the other gubbins they would want to know e.g tax band gas or oil energy rating schools blah blah. Not a stone left unturened.

Well as we entered the village it had zilch in it apart from a dubious looking grot pub a convenience store and a chippy. There was an infants school and a closed community centre with a few swings outside...and houses and houses. . That is about it....oh and a bus stop (thats handy - not sure if any buses stopped there!) that was all ...NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION well the turning was the cul de sac with 4 houses with not much kerb appeal or front gardens to speak of and with the heavy brick exteriors reminded me of a concentration camp. Lots of cars and vasns no ambience. and surrounding areas looked rather iffy in places although some streets were nice.

To give you a perspective we are ex east london from working class families by background as you all know by now, yet we got a strong but probably not true (mmm) impression (stereotyping now ha ha) of white van men, farmers, manual workers some static (now) ex travelling folk with run down farm type buildings on the edge of the village not that there was any sign of life anywhere (no it was not nightime it was 1500)...we even failed to spot even one day time zombie scavanging for blood ha ha !.....did we want to go in...no on face value... but we had travelled a long way and they would want the info.,

Kitted and booted and masked we knocked on the door.

Well once over the threshold the house was a 5 bedroom dream which had been fully converted and refurbished and finished superbly - show house standard with all mod cons blah blah ...I cannot describe how great it was for a family and the garden was huge with mature trees (under preservation orders) patios x 2 ..chicken coup hidden at the back field views etc ...a real gem and priced amazingly (worried about this of course...too good to be true came to mind, whats the catch?...the catch is the village it is in IMO!!!).. not often you find the pics on the agents website misleading in terms of overstating things...this was definitely the reverse and did not do the interior justice - they should sack their photographer / scripter pronto. ....

So the dilema is a great superb house to die for a in a village to die in

A house which is great once in it with all the negatives out front.

We felt obliged to write a copious email with all the pros and cons and gleaned information and we decided to advise them based on what we looked for when we moved ourselves and 3 young kids to Scotland years ago and had the choice of a quiet village or outskirts of a town and we chose the latter because we needed schools doctors dentists LIFE etc as the kids grew up, not be a long distance taxi service for taking kids back and forth to clubs activities etc and not wanting our kids to be bused miles to the nearest academy etc ...that was our criteria for the day.

So we were applying our logic zand experience to the viewing.

So we advised stronbgly for them to look at villages with ammenities nearer to a city like Norwich which is a really good place with lots to do and the University of course. Less commuting and taxiing services for the growing klids teenagers / youngsters (or turn onto zombies roaming the deserted village streets getting up to boredom mischief)

An hour later and pages later it was sent to them and then the phone conversations of course..

Outcome is ...they are travelling up today for a viewing as the house is ruling their heads (if they have heads)

How we kept it cool is beyond me but it is after all their decision to make.

Recommendations ignored..looked for pros to offset the negatives .they are going up for a second viewing imminently and I bet they make an offer there and then wiithout survey results for example.

Morale of the story is stay home keep safe dont waste our time, dont put ourselves at unnecassary risk , go to viewing yourselves in future Fcuk off!.

Our life long friends will always remain so but their son .and wife can take a jump into the land of the dead if they went to ha ha and if they go ahead then it wont be long before depression sets in mark my words which is a real shame!

oooeeerr

Last edited:
Don’t you just love predictive text , I typed “ good luck , and it comes out as “Goii s luck “
Next post I’m not going to alter back to what I thought I typed . Ha ha
Thanks for that Walt from both of us.
In my reply to Harry I said not using the pen was down to the wife's ailment, though correct not entirely right, the main reason for the "non use of the pen" is because it is not compatible with the bags of medicines she is on.

Keep keep safe all, think of yourselves and each other.

Haha clean as a squid, thought they were oily.
McDonalds = eeeuuukkk!
Swelling has is going right down, though suffering some pain, gob back to its normal self, so things are getting better.
Stay safe all

Morning all. noice here in the east today.

Yesterday we had to venture to Norfolk to look at a house for the young family (son wife and 4 kids) of life long friends of ours who live too far away for initial viewing.

Not happy but we are so much nearer to it than them by a ocountry mile. and so reluctantly diid a full ecce to check out actual versus sales pics and the area..

So masks at the ready and nice easy drive on back roads to the village about 20 miles south of Norwich, which we enjoyed with sarnies and flak for lunch stop. .

Well we were armed with 40 Q's (not the dangerous queues Walthy!) about the house the area the schools the nightlife (ha ha - not up there mate!) ammenities, and all the other gubbins they would want to know e.g tax band gas or oil energy rating schools blah blah. Not a stone left unturened.

Well as we entered the village it had zilch in it apart from a dubious looking grot pub a convenience store and a chippy. There was an infants school and a closed community centre with a few swings outside...and houses and houses. . That is about it....oh and a bus stop (thats handy - not sure if any buses stopped there!) that was all ...NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION well the turning was the cul de sac with 4 houses with not much kerb appeal or front gardens to speak of and with the heavy brick exteriors reminded me of a concentration camp. Lots of cars and vasns no ambience. and surrounding areas looked rather iffy in places although some streets were nice.

To give you a perspective we are ex east london from working class families by background as you all know by now, yet we got a strong but probably not true (mmm) impression (stereotyping now ha ha) of white van men, farmers, manual workers some static (now) ex travelling folk with run down farm type buildings on the edge of the village not that there was any sign of life anywhere (no it was not nightime it was 1500)...we even failed to spot even one day time zombie scavanging for blood ha ha !.....did we want to go in...no on face value... but we had travelled a long way and they would want the info.,

Kitted and booted and masked we knocked on the door.

Well once over the threshold the house was a 5 bedroom dream which had been fully converted and refurbished and finished superbly - show house standard with all mod cons blah blah ...I cannot describe how great it was for a family and the garden was huge with mature trees (under preservation orders) patios x 2 ..chicken coup hidden at the back field views etc ...a real gem and priced amazingly (worried about this of course...too good to be true came to mind, whats the catch?...the catch is the village it is in IMO!!!).. not often you find the pics on the agents website misleading in terms of overstating things...this was definitely the reverse and did not do the interior justice - they should sack their photographer / scripter pronto. ....

So the dilema is a great superb house to die for a in a village to die in

A house which is great once in it with all the negatives out front.

We felt obliged to write a copious email with all the pros and cons and gleaned information and we decided to advise them based on what we looked for when we moved ourselves and 3 young kids to Scotland years ago and had the choice of a quiet village or outskirts of a town and we chose the latter because we needed schools doctors dentists LIFE etc as the kids grew up, not be a long distance taxi service for taking kids back and forth to clubs activities etc and not wanting our kids to be bused miles to the nearest academy etc ...that was our criteria for the day.

So we were applying our logic zand experience to the viewing.

So we advised stronbgly for them to look at villages with ammenities nearer to a city like Norwich which is a really good place with lots to do and the University of course. Less commuting and taxiing services for the growing klids teenagers / youngsters (or turn onto zombies roaming the deserted village streets getting up to boredom mischief)

An hour later and pages later it was sent to them and then the phone conversations of course..

Outcome is ...they are travelling up today for a viewing as the house is ruling their heads (if they have heads)

How we kept it cool is beyond me but it is after all their decision to make.

Recommendations ignored..looked for pros to offset the negatives .they are going up for a second viewing imminently and I bet they make an offer there and then wiithout se\urvey results for example.

Morale of the story is stay home keep safe dont waste our time, dont put ourselves at unnecassary risk , go to viewing yourselves in future Fcuk off!.

Our life long friends will always remain so but their arsole son .....and wife can take a jumpo ha ha they are into the village of the dead and if they go ahead then it wont be long before depression sets in mark my words!

oooeeerr

Greavsie, a great county to live in, one side of my family is Norfolkian, is that a word lol, my bruvs and I spent many summer holidays, nearly the whole 6 weeks, at our Gran n Grandad's tied cottage in a village called Stoke Ferry not far from Downham Market, fishing/swimming in the local river Wissey for never ending hours, childish games in the fields, eating nothing but home made foods, my Gran was a busy Bee, I believe the choice by your young family friends will be a choice they will never regret.

Stay safe mate

th. , .
a

Hope you are right mate, it is their call and apologies if I gave any insult.

We know the family though and they are not country folk and are used to ammenities on their doorstep. It does not however mean they can't adapt, but it will be a lifechanger or breaker in my opinion for them.

If I may, I would point out you are speaking knowledgably but from a viewpoint of young happy holidays there not day to day living in a small place. We all have great fond memories of holidays dont we...may not pan out the same way as living in a remote place.