O/T: Horse Racing Comp - Nottingham, Weds | Vital Football

O/T: Horse Racing Comp - Nottingham, Weds

rybel_b

Vital Football Legend
We are travelling to Nottingham on Wednesday, for the 14:10 race. The 'totejackpot Go For The Big One handicap. At the minute there are 16 runners, so if it stays that way, the first four get points. Also if you have chosen a horse that hasn't run, you are transferred to the favourite.

Here is the line-up:

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/08-04-2015/nottingham/racecard/665739/totejackpot-go-for-the-big-one-maiden-stakes

Good luck. :44:

Attachments

• notts racecourse.png
    notts racecourse.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
Alkawn

I went to Wolverhampton races for the first time on Easter Monday. Cracking little track with a good view from the stands.

dazza71 - 7/4/2015 10:32 AM

Alkawn

I went to Wolverhampton races for the first time on Easter Monday. Cracking little track with a good view from the stands.

I've been there Dazza, but it could have been an evening meeting, with the floodlights. T'was good, I always enjoy proper horse-racing, never watch it on the telly. Er, if I remember rightly, it was like being at a dog track....did a lot of that in Sheffield when I was a kid, with my dad!!

Happy days!!!

rybel_b - 7/4/2015 4:18 PM

Alkawn

I've been there Dazza, but it could have been an evening meeting, with the floodlights. T'was good, I always enjoy proper horse-racing, never watch it on the telly. Er, if I remember rightly, it was like being at a dog track....did a lot of that in Sheffield when I was a kid, with my dad!!

Happy days!!!

I see what you mean regarding a dog track. It had that feel to me.

dazza71 - 7/4/2015 8:45 PM

rybel_b - 7/4/2015 4:18 PM

Alkawn

Happy days!!!

I see what you mean regarding a dog track. It had that feel to me.

It's obviously not altered over the years then Dazza. My dad used to have 5&2, 5&4, reversed....at the dogs. I remember two dogs, Rare Ricardo and Eglington Eagle, and I'm talking 60+ years ago. Can't remember what I did yesterday though, lol. :17:

I always did 1-6 reverse forecast. I used to love a night at the dogs. I used to go to both Oxford and Reading but both now sadly shut down.

dazza71 - 7/4/2015 10:35 PM

I always did 1-6 reverse forecast. I used to love a night at the dogs. I used to go to both Oxford and Reading but both now sadly shut down.

Ours were in Sheffield, Darnell and Owlerton. Darnell has been closed a very long time, but Owlerton is still going. Oh, and in my day, there were just five greyhounds in a race then Dazza!!! lol. :17:

Attachments

• owlerton.jpg
    owlerton.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
Wow. I said it last week, big price winners deserve a bonus, especially a 50/1 shot. I can't believe none of us did it as well.

The result today:

1. Yorkshire Dales - 10pts

2. Alkawn - 8pts

3. Mezajy - 6pts.

Ended up just 14 runners, so first three.

Non-runners Galeotti and Udododontu. Transferred to the favourite, if either of those were chosen, which came 4th. So no points, sorry.

I will now check it out.

Three people got points today, with one of those finding the winner.
Congratulations GS, you did brilliant, 10 points heading your way. :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:
Dazza and MV both got the second placed horse, well done. :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

10pts - Garyhawisthelaw - Yorkshire Dales
8pts - Dazza71 - Alkawn
8pts - mvmiller - Alkawn

I will update the league tomorrow, but will you please make sure I haven't missed any.

Here is the full result:

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/08-04-2015/nottingham/result/665739/totejackpot-go-for-the-big-one-maiden-stakes

I'm absolutely gutted as I'm house bound as I've damaged my tendons and I didn't get down to back it :49: :49: :49: :49: :49: :49: :49:

garyshawisthelaw - 9/4/2015 11:20 AM

I'm absolutely gutted as I'm house bound as I've damaged my tendons and I didn't get down to back it :49: :49: :49: :49: :49: :49: :49:

Oh no GS, tragedy, with both....your tendons and no bet! Hope you start to heal soon.