O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 105 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

I wonder what % of them care homes were/are government paid care homes?

The sinister part of me wouldn't be surprised if the government paid care homes were targeted so they would save money in the long term.

RD, I’m not sure there are any government funded care homes....certainly none around where I live.....the homes around here are run by private companies and the residents are financed in a number of different ways depending upon their assets.

Local Authorities pay a percentage of the fees, again depending upon the individual’s assets and any shortfall has to come from either those assets or from a relative. Only in exceptional circumstances will the NHS cover the full cost of care and for that to happen the resident has to be practically dead.

Over the years, successive governments have pushed the responsibility for Care down to local authorities while at the same time capping Council Tax increases and the system is breaking down.

If you have cancer you can be treated by the NHS but even though Dementia for example is a disease, for which at the moment the only treatment is care, the NHS will not pay for that care

RD, I’m not sure there are any government funded care homes....certainly none around where I live.....the homes around here are run by private companies and the residents are financed in a number of different ways depending upon their assets.

Local Authorities pay a percentage of the fees, again depending upon the individual’s assets and any shortfall has to come from either those assets or from a relative. Only in exceptional circumstances will the NHS cover the full cost of care and for that to happen the resident has to be practically dead.

Over the years, successive governments have pushed the responsibility for Care down to local authorities while at the same time capping Council Tax increases and the system is breaking down.

If you have cancer you can be treated by the NHS but even though Dementia for example is a disease, for which at the moment the only treatment is care, the NHS will not pay for that care

There are 390 council funded care homes in England.

I dont necessarily believe it but it's the logic behind the rules. You cant have people from other households in your back garden because you cant be monitored. From what I have seen, the public cant be trusted. I have seen the guidlines broken frequently by idiots.
That I agree with but not the way they are going about relaxing the lockdown. Just too much grey areas in most of the gov't decision making. It's almost as if they are scared to take the lead, more a case of watching other countries' actions and adopting partly what 'seems' to work for others.

Back to more modelling!.

How many Countries have low death rates due to lockdown strategies...the world leaders in deaths all have lockdown strategies.

That wasnt my point. If the majority adopted lockdown and not herd, the UK wasnt the only nation that got it wrong. So why single us or Boris out. Population density and other factors will determine the correct option. Our NHS would have collapsed with the herd approach.

That I agree with but not the way they are going about relaxing the lockdown. Just too much grey areas in most of the gov't decision making. It's almost as if they are scared to take the lead, more a case of watching other countries' actions and adopting partly what 'seems' to work for others.

Back to more modelling!.

Just copy South Korea FFS!

That wasnt my point. If the majority adopted lockdown and not herd, the UK wasnt the only nation that got it wrong. So why single us or Boris out. Population density and other factors will determine the correct option. Our NHS would have collapsed with the herd approach.
I’m singling us and Boris out because we live here and this whole situation is an affront to Science and Executive Management...pick a business you want to go bust and put this mob, plus their toady academic scientists in charge and watch the whole thing collapse in just 8 weeks, and yet here they are, supposedly in charge....in charge of what....a public dis-information campaign that has people scared witless for their lives because they are unable to see or hear any other version of the truth....it is nothing short of criminal.

How many Countries have adopted the herd immunity theory ?

A controlled herd immunity is completely different.

Rather than just sending everyone back to work and hoping for the best there would be a method behind it.

The people working from home idea should be made compulsory until a vaccine or medicine is in place. Over 44% of workers can work from home. This wishy washy response from the government is dumb. They say should not must. There are plenty of workers going back to work when there is no need.

People working from home instantly stops 44% of chance of the spread of the virus. Also it stops accidents happening impacting the NHS.

Not enough testing has been done for those who potentially have had it.

The people that have and they have only had mild or zero symptoms are the guys that need to go back to work. But we don't know because we were so late to the party on testing.

People with zero health issues and are under a certain age should also go back to work.

All I have seen since Monday is carnage with a hope for the best scenario.

This government have made so many basic mistakes I can't take what they say seriously.

A controlled herd immunity is completely different.

Rather than just sending everyone back to work and hoping for the best there would be a method behind it.

The people working from home idea should be made compulsory until a vaccine or medicine is in place. Over 44% of workers can work from home. This wishy washy response from the government is dumb. They say should not must. There are plenty of workers going back to work when there is no need.

People working from home instantly stops 44% of chance of the spread of the virus. Also it stops accidents happening impacting the NHS.

Not enough testing has been done for those who potentially have had it.

The people that have and they have only had mild or zero symptoms are the guys that need to go back to work. But we don't know because we were so late to the party on testing.

People with zero health issues and are under a certain age should also go back to work.

All I have seen since Monday is carnage with a hope for the best scenario.

This government have made so many basic mistakes I can't take what they say seriously.

I agree they have made too many mistakes. The question of herd or lockdown I think they got right but didnt lockdown soon or hard enough. The carehome debacle is scandalous.

The elderly & the physically & mentally handicapped are always forgotten about. They're placed in homes & folds in order to keep them safe. This is what we';re being told. In fact it could be argued they're only being placed there in order to keep them out of sight & out of mind.