O/T but nonetheless, well done England's women! | Vital Football

O/T but nonetheless, well done England's women!

Impalex

Alert Team
Staff member
Who have beaten India Women (against the odds) in the ICC Women's World Cup Final by nine runs.

Brilliant!

More importantly for the game, the fact that India played so well before blowing it, will have done wonders for the women's game in the subcontinent.

NottyImp - 24/7/2017 16:01

And congrats to England's female footballers as well. Showing then men how it is done.

Yep, and a good game it was too, last night.

I think the ref did get the penalty decision correct, eventually!

Well done but I'm sorry, Ladies football makes Barrow look like quality football. I watched it of course but just cannot understand how all the media and commentators can bang on about how it is such good quality.

Not dissing the ladies so much, just the constant hype of how good the quality is.

GreenNeedle - 31/7/2017 14:40

Well done but I'm sorry, Ladies football makes Barrow look like quality football. I watched it of course but just cannot understand how all the media and commentators can bang on about how it is such good quality.

Not dissing the ladies so much, just the constant hype of how good the quality is.

I don't think it's technically too bad and there has been plenty of drama, you just have to think of it as a different game to the men.

Rasenimp - 30/7/2017 23:29

I don't think it's technically too bad and there has been plenty of drama, you just have to think of it as a different game to the men.

I think that's a good approach. I was impressed by how England moved the ball against Scotland in the opening game. Quality of the goalkeeping still leaves much to be desired though.

Snats - 31/7/2017 15:37

Rasenimp - 30/7/2017 23:29

I think that's a good approach. I was impressed by how England moved the ball against Scotland in the opening game. Quality of the goalkeeping still leaves much to be desired though.

The goalkeeping is appalling. As a skill position rather than one that requires physicality, I can't understand why it's so terrible. There has been mistake after mistake across a lot of the games.

On the plus side, a few impressive players. Lucy Bronze, the England full back is a particular standout. Strong, fast, dynamic, all over the pitch. If players like her keep coming through things can only get better.

I'm with Rasen on this one. The quality may not be as good if compared to the men's game, but then we shouldn't be comparing it to the men's game but instead to other women-only teams.

Lucy Bronze has also been my stand out player. I hope they'll be showing it on the hotel tv in Greece on Thursday.

I agree on Lucy Bronze but then she has what the others all seem to be missing and that is a quick brain and good anticipation.

Every other player just seems that second behind where the play now is so passes galore are to where a player was or they are waiting for the ball to come to them which then of course means it is intercepted.

A lot of games they just keep passing to each other (to the oppositions and back.)

I'm not saying it should be as good as the mens or as physical etc. Just the way the commentator and media make it out to be "not far off" the men's game when as has happened over and over again is the international women's sides get beaten very regularly by schoolboy teams. (15/16)

GreenNeedle - 1/8/2017 14:29

I agree on Lucy Bronze but then she has what the others all seem to be missing and that is a quick brain and good anticipation.

Every other player just seems that second behind where the play now is so passes galore are to where a player was or they are waiting for the ball to come to them which then of course means it is intercepted.

A lot of games they just keep passing to each other (to the oppositions and back.)

I'm not saying it should be as good as the mens or as physical etc. Just the way the commentator and media make it out to be "not far off" the men's game when as has happened over and over again is the international women's sides get beaten very regularly by schoolboy teams. (15/16)

Who has actually said it's not far off the men's game? Really? I don't think anyone really suggests that.

If you listened to the commentary of games and the half time/full time segments without watching the game you would not believe it was the game they were referring to if you then watched it.

One saving grace is no Jonathan Pearce on CH4.

Women's ICC World Cup Cricket final was amongst the best cricket matches I've seen this year. Women's sport raises the bar.