NUFC v Wolves | Vital Football

NUFC v Wolves

Rza

Vital Champions League
Tough game. Especially with our lack of confidence. Biggest game of the season so far which could and probably will define the rest of our season. It's not the end of the world if we lose but this game is basically a 6 pointer for both teams fighting for Europe. Lose - and you're probably out of the running. I think the pressure is on us being at home and with Chelsea away next it's even more important we get 3 points. After that we dont play again until end of march. (Apart from City in the cup) I don't expect us to get anything at Chelsea, as bad as they are this season. Hoping for a big 3 points here and if we perform well we could go and get a result at Chelsea.

Till now my broadcast is only a company broadcast screen.....seems all matches have difficulties here....

Well. They are doing a good job. Bad circumstances if you talk about the weather. Power strikes from distance next half. Keeper let the bal slip away and another goal on paper...hahaha.

Good 3 points. Burn and longstaff just making up the numbers at this stage both passengers offering absolutely nothing at either end of the pitch. Thought wolves were poor but take nothing away from the result. Dubravka was brilliant again and I thought Bruno was our best player today.

No coincidence. Players return from injury, we look and play better with more strength on the bench.

As mentioned above, Burn and Longstaff will be replaced in time for better with surely an attacker or two added. Add to that the likes of Joelinton, Pope and Tonali. End result will be us worrying the top teams again.

I expect us to finish the season strongly but id still take us not qualifying for Europe in exchange for a decent go next time out.

For those of us scarred by the Ashley era, today sees safety achieved with 11 games to go with the magic 40 point mark reached.

Also I agree with the Bruno man of the match mention but I thought Joe Willock was excellent and made a massive difference to our counter speed plus midfield with some brilliant passing.

Would you say we improved from last game or played an easier team? Any difference in tactics, attitude? Willock returning from injury the difference?

Wolves were a depleted side in an attacking sense but you can do no more than win and keep a clean sheet.
I would not place too much credit on the win, harder games to come

The stats suggest the result flattered us. Between dubravka keeping us in it and wolves being wasteful kept our clean sheet. I don't think we were brilliant by any stretch. Good result tho

Seems the gameplay was counter attack as I read somewhere. In any way it was enjoyable enough to watch for me :-)

Tony Cascarino gives his 'team of the week' in the newspaper I read and he included 3 of our players from the games played at the weekend. Now I know it's just one pundit's opinion but I can agree with it this week (although I'm looking through black and white spectacles)

Last edited: