NUFC v Spurs | Page 6 | Vital Football

NUFC v Spurs

[QUOTE="Do we keep them all next season? My short list of the above-mentioned criteria:
Longstaff
Murphy
Schar
Burn
Willock
They are not bad players but will lack when we enter the Champions League next season. Yes, I said it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more mate. I think they are all improving all the time and a major reason why we are where we are. How much would it cost to replace them with better?

Disagree with all of these. I think if Eddie has them playing to the level they are playing at and playing to their strengths all of them can contribute. Murphy has been absolutely brilliant not only against spurs he's deserved his place in the team lately. Willock is being touted for the England squad and I think longstaff adds goals to his game he can be a real asset. Do i think some of these players will be here in a couple of years? Probably not but there are players running out of contract and other dead wood that will be leaving before any of these guys who could be used as squad players even. That's just my opinion i think apart from burn who I think could be used as a back up CB we need another player at left back.

Yes totally. I am thinking CL here as well. I believe we need a CM, a left back and another striker. Maybe Harry Kane might like to swap the bright lights of London for the cold of TS hahaha.
But we will see. Of course, there's the FFP etc.

[QUOTE="Do we keep them all next season? My short list of the above-mentioned criteria:
Longstaff
Murphy
Schar
Burn
Willock
They are not bad players but will lack when we enter the Champions League next season. Yes, I said it.

I couldn't disagree more mate. I think they are all improving all the time and a major reason why we are where we are. How much would it cost to replace them with better?[/QUOTE]

Well, we will need to spend and for that, we need to sell as many as we can. Clubs will figure us out and some of those are not world-class. Hard workers yes. CL material nope. The new owners have ambition and they would love to showcase their wealth and intentions. Also, remember that they want to buy a club in Belgium. Maybe some of above mentioned could be off-loaded to that club if it happens.