NUFC v PSG Champions League Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v PSG Champions League Thread

Need to enjoy tonight and then think of the next game as we need to keep the winning mentality going. PSG thought they could just turn up and win a bit like their fans did during the pre game walk abouts in the town.

The bars are going to be buzzing for the rest of the week noo

Pope - 7 didn't have much to do couple of big saves

Trippier - 8 kept mbappe quiet marshalled defence

Schar - 9 moved left to accommodate lascelles. Rock

Lascelles - 9 didn't look like he was making his CL debut

Burn - 8 shaky at times but took goal well

Longstaff - 6 great goal otherwise poor

Bruno - 9 involved in everything. Heartbeat of the team

Tonali - 9 thought he was brilliant before he went off chased everything

Gordon - 7 quiet night offensively but ran himself into the ground pressing

Isak - 5 poor decision making and lost possession numerous times

Almiron - 7 worked hard never stops running and took his goal well

I have to say if I was to use 1 word to describe us recently and 1 which is appropriate tonight especially - clinical. We are so clinical and the goals are being shared. That's the sign of a good team. We had 27% possession and won 4-1.

Half a dozen flights from Newcastle airport to Paris starting at 3am. Let's hope the departure lounge is in one piece after they have gone

Going to watch highlights later. Wow just wow. Moved into our new apartment on the Gold Coast yesterday and was knackered, forgot the game was on, but what a surprise to see the score.
Well done and to all Geordies, you deserve this after a long spell of terrible management.

The bookies have reacted to tonight's game by making us 7th favourite to win the whole thing which basically means they reckon we are making the quarter finals. Still early days but there's loads of action to come in all competitions before then.

Lascelles regained form? I don't recall him ever playing well before this game. Absolutely delighted with his performance. I was horrified when I saw him walking out on the pitch.

Obviously amazing finishing, but one of the best performances I've watched by the team in terms of passing, especially considering the opposition.

Lascelles regained form? I don't recall him ever playing well before this game. Absolutely delighted with his performance. I was horrified when I saw him walking out on the pitch.

Obviously amazing finishing, but one of the best performances I've watched by the team in terms of passing, especially considering the opposition
Before he was "Bruced" there was talk of Lascelles playing for England

And finally on the subject, weren't PSG the best/loudest/potentially inspiring away fans we've had here for many years?. or was that just my opinion?