NUFC v Chelsea | Vital Football

NUFC v Chelsea

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
I reckon it's been very quiet on a lot of things this past fortnight aside from a growing noise that Chelsea have already won this game because of our injury list.

Hopefully we have enough to give justice on the day and I reckon if we have Isak fit to start or able to come on from the bench that we'll win this.

Chelsea playing absolute dog shit but not really needing to play well as we are playing worse. Good first 15 minutes after that woeful. Special mentions to Joelinton who is fast becoming a liability and Nick pope who already is.

Great 3 points that from what was a much depleted squad, got the job done. Brilliant effort. That Sherman that runs Chelsea must be puzzled mind. All the money spent on long contracts to build that squad. Big trouble ahead.

It's not that long ago that a win, never mind a thumping against Chelsea was a very long shot and still a bit hard to get used to these results (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea). Buzzing.

With the injuries we have had and how handicapped we are at present, you could kind of understand that we put this down to experience and write off the champions league or qualifying for Europe again in order to come back stronger next year.

However, with us just the one point worse off than at this stage last season and with the expectation that we will have at least ten more players to come back soon as well as any new additions in January, there's every chance that this can be another top season.

As it is, in comparison to last season and with us then with a pretty much fully fit squad, at this stage last year we had won 6, drew 6 and lost 1. Of the teams around us we had faced Brighton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs away and Man City and Aston Villa at home.

This time round we have won 7, drew 2 and lost 4 facing Man City and Brighton away plus Aston Villa, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea at home

With the injuries we have had and how handicapped we are at present, you could kind of understand that we put this down to experience and write off the champions league or qualifying for Europe again in order to come back stronger next year.

However, with us just the one point worse off than at this stage last season and with the expectation that we will have at least ten more players to come back soon as well as any new additions in January, there's every chance that this can be another top season.

As it is, in comparison to last season and with us then with a pretty much fully fit squad, at this stage last year we had won 6, drew 6 and lost 1. Of the teams around us we had faced Brighton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs away and Man City and Aston Villa at home.

This time round we have won 7, drew 2 and lost 4 facing Man City and Brighton away plus Aston Villa, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea at home
I'm happy with either scenario and anything in between. It's just such a pleasure to support the toon again, knowing we're moving forwards. So much better than stagnating and going backwards as previously.

Some shift that from Lewis Miley. He is just 17, playing in midfield with 2 Brazilian internationals, up against Enzo Fernandez. Hell of a responsibility for a kid that age. But he just played his normal game and didn't look out of place at all for me. Must have a good head on his shoulders. Take a bow son.

Some shift that from Lewis Miley. He is just 17, playing in midfield with 2 Brazilian internationals, up against Enzo Fernandez. Hell of a responsibility for a kid that age. But he just played his normal game and didn't look out of place at all for me. Must have a good head on his shoulders. Take a bow son.
Cracking player. Every time I see him he gets better and better. I keep saying not to put pressure on him and let him enjoy his football. If this kid keeps playing like this he'll be worth millions. Our best local prospect since Andy Carroll

Cracking player. Every time I see him he gets better and better. I keep saying not to put pressure on him and let him enjoy his football. If this kid keeps playing like this he'll be worth millions. Our best local prospect since Andy Carroll
The word on the street from his family is, the younger lad is even better, Watch this space...