NUFC v Brighton | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v Brighton

Gouffran needs to score more, even when he was playing well a couple of years back he always missed too many chances.

The curl on that free kick from Shelvey . The side's looked very good this evening some lovely passing variation at times .

Nicely done, still not convinced about Shelvey, goes missing too much for me and is always at risk of a card, no doubting his ability on the ball though.

We're getting away with it at the moment without looking like a cohesive team, still 3 points and a clean sheet can't complain, but we must improve and we will under Benitez. Some good individual performances just not come together yet as a team. Perez worked his bollocks off today.

I thought the team looked pretty solid albeit the sending off helped us. For a side missing it's two first choice strikers I thought we looked well in control without really having to get out of first gear. A rare good solid game from Dummett as well. Hayden and Shelvey ran the midfield lovely .

Agree we didn't have to get out of first gear and defence looked solid, just want to see us passing and moving better in the final third and stringing together some good moves. It will come.

I thought it was a solid performance against one of the teams expected to be challenging. Another win will do wonders for confidence. Without getting carried away or getting giddy. I am enjoying this. Small signs of revival.

Without wanting to jump the gun, get carried away or make too much of a statement about things, I think today was probably the first time you could really see the Rafa Benitez effect.

The performance level for many of us is usually measured by a bar set by the Keegan entertainer side or the Shearer, Bellamy, Speed, Solano and Robert years under Sir Bobby but today's just seemed to reek of the professionalism that a champions league winning and umpteen others trophies won manager has brought to the city.

Forgetting the division and personnel to a certain extent, the football without being too attractive on the eye merited reward by the sheer hard work of it as all the hours done on the training pitch just shone through with the passing, moving and tempo being excellent.

Too many times over the past few years with various managers have the basics been completely ignored or seemed so hard to achieve and Rafa's team done the basics brilliantly and long may it continue.

It's a simple philosophy, get a short pass, drag the opposition out of their position thus allowing another player to vacate it and receive the next pass at speed. We did this all day and completely drained them.

Yes Brighton were nothing flash but these are supposed to be amongst the best there is on offer at this level and they'll still be up and around the play offs. We were just streets ahead with many players out or not joined yet.

Shelvey's movement was excellent as he found space all game with many opportunities to receive the ball.

The link up between him, Diame and Hayden was a joy to watch at times and showed massive potential. It surely will the longer the season goes on and Diame gets fitter.

Anita was excellent and Gouffran has emerged as a bit of a player with another decent shift.

The defence was solid and you can see where we build from, the longer this season goes on, the better they will become.

Ritchie was involved but not seen as much as an attacking threat as the Reading game and Perez was hard working without looking threatening whilst Sels had nowt to do but when called on saved well at the end. This may do his confidence wonders.

With the likes of Gayle, Mitrovic, Aarons and the new signings still to come in, the fact that Sissoko's fee will be used further adds to the hope that Rafa has brought back to the club and concurring with thoughts of above in that a revival seems on the cards.

We are fucking cruising. Once the transfer window closes and Rafa has his 24/25 players we'll run away with this league.

Try again you salty old harlot.[/QUOTE]

When you say harlot, you mean prostitute, right?

The oldest of professions.

Older than delivery boy anyway :17:

Rafa is replacing the whole squad and it will take time to gel.
From what I saw yesterday it's looking good.
Sells is a decent keeper just needs time as he has a different back four every game.
Diame is a class act and another clean sheet. A strong squad when you consider Gayle, Mitro and Aarons out and more to come in. It's what you need in The Championship.
There will be some hiccups but the signs are promising.

The Owl - 28/8/2016 06:36

Rafa is replacing the whole squad and it will take time to gel.
From what I saw yesterday it's looking good.
Sells is a decent keeper just needs time as he has a different back four every game.
Diame is a class act and another clean sheet. A strong squad when you consider Gayle, Mitro and Aarons out and more to come in. It's what you need in The Championship.
There will be some hiccups but the signs are promising.

Did'nt you made a similar speech when Mclaren was appointed owl ?