Now that's all over .... | Vital Football

Now that's all over ....

OldLeazes

Vital Football Hero
Just a fleeting visit.

Interesting times for NUFC.

Rafa stays and this club will become the force in English football that it can and should be. Without him we have a noose round our neck, which gradually tightens, until the club is dead. That seems to be the choice. I'm genuinely torn about what I want. Honestly, when I think of NUFC I don't think of this bunch of ***** masquerading as footballers. Nor do I see that fat bastard Ashley. Despite everything, and there's been plenty, I still think of standing on the Leazes / Paddock / Benches / Gallowgate with Waddler (never Waddle) sloping down the wing, or Pedro bamboozling defenders, or Carney flattening some **** who though he could play a bit. It's always about that, never about Wonga, or Charnley or shitedirect. When I think about what I'd like NUFC to be I can see a place for Rafa. I can't see one for Rafa and fatso at the same time. More's the pity. If / when Rafa leaves we are as good as cooked. With him... see aforementioned. If Rafa stayed, and Ashley would step aside, or into the background and left him to do everthing then I see a way back. That's asking for a miracle though. Not too much to ask.

Nowt wrong with a fleeting visit O.L.
Good to have your input,fatty doesn't do miracles tho does he?

Always good to see people return with decent input.

If Ashley had any loaf, he'd put us up for sale with Rafa at the helm and use that potential as a selling point.

Aside from that and in regards to a decent future that involves some sort of pairing, do leopards change their spots? That's a question that always gets the same answer.

Benitez is key, with him the overall structure of the club could be altered, decent coaches and players brought in. Without him and it will be the same old story promises and bullshit to the fore.
Although Ashley is to blame, I cannot believe Charnley and Carr remaining when it has been proved they are not up to the job.
The club is bereft of any quality throughout and I fear a crass appointment ifBenitez goes.
Let's face it Charnley said McClaren was the perfect fit and we were not in crisis. How wrong that proved to be.
No transfer kitty is needed because enough players will leave to generate a transfer fund.

I agree with Owl. If Benitez stays he can build the foundations f the club up like Shankly did at Liverpool. Rafa getting the job would also indicate a massive change in how the club is run and if the fat **** would just let him manage and not let the little, fat **** Charnley interfere, we could be onto something. I feel a bit dirty because if Benitez does stay I fancy a few away trips next season. I'll never step foot inside SJP whilst the fat **** is there but Leeds away does have a certain appeal to it.

Put it this way - hippo heed in the PL or Rafa in The Championship. The mackems could have actually does us the biggest favour since Keegan took over in the 90's. Now wouldn't that be fucking satisfying.

vin1892 - 13/5/2016 08:43

I agree with Owl. If Benitez stays he can build the foundations f the club up like Shankly did at Liverpool. Rafa getting the job would also indicate a massive change in how the club is run and if the fat **** would just let him manage and not let the little, fat **** Charnley interfere, we could be onto something. I feel a bit dirty because if Benitez does stay I fancy a few away trips next season. I'll never step foot inside SJP whilst the fat **** is there but Leeds away does have a certain appeal to it.

Put it this way - hippo heed in the PL or Rafa in The Championship. The mackems could have actually does us the biggest favour since Keegan took over in the 90's. Now wouldn't that be fucking satisfying.

We aren't allowed to dream under this regime though and as much as we say and point out the values of doing so, including financial gains in the future, they are addicted to choosing the wrong path.

If Rafa did somehow stay, I see another constructive dismissal in the making as they'll not be able to resist to return to type.

" I can see a place for Rafa. I can't see one for Rafa and fatso at the same time."

"If Rafa stayed, and Ashley would step aside, or into the background and left him to do everthing then I see a way back."

That's the crux.

Fuck sake lads, rafa won't be staying, it's all PR bullshit to calm everyone down for Sunday, we are going to end up with fat Steve Bruce or someone as equally shit, but hey anyone but Pardew you all demanded.

Nufc_Ben - 13/5/2016 11:08

Fuck sake lads, rafa won't be staying, it's all PR bullshit to calm everyone down for Sunday, we are going to end up with fat Steve Bruce or someone as equally shit, but hey anyone but Pardew you all demanded.

Steve Bruce is a massive improvement on Pardew, but enough about him, he's irrelevant to us and erased from our lives now.

As for the PR stuff, the fact that the blind have now cottoned on will mean that this is something that wont go away or die down just because of a pre-season break. It really is last chance saloon for the club and if they don't get the rage, they'll certainly notice the financial hit come August and beyond.

Guillem Balague (a useful source when it comes to trying to gauge Benitez's mindset) has said this morning that Rafa "is seriously considering staying" . I have no faith in Charnley and co making that happen and even if it did it would take a complete turnaround in mentality from Ashley and co. That being said I had no faith they'd get him in the first place .

keggy_keagal - 13/5/2016 11:30

Guillem Balague (a useful source when it comes to trying to gauge Benitez's mindset) has said this morning that Rafa "is seriously considering staying" . I have no faith in Charnley and co making that happen and even if it did it would take a complete turnaround in mentality from Ashley and co. That being said I had no faith they'd get him in the first place .

But Balague does talk a huge amount of shit

The Ronny Gill are in danger of getting peoples hopes up.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-demands-arent-salary-11327849

Blyth - 13/5/2016 12:30

keggy_keagal - 13/5/2016 11:30

But Balague does talk a huge amount of shit

Aren't all journalists victims of the fluid nature of football ? What is a nailed on story one minute has suddenly changed the next . Balague was right when Benitez went to Real, Napoli and when he came here . He was also bang on the money when Torres went from Liverpool to Chelsea. He's one of Benitez's trusted few .

Nufc_Ben - 13/5/2016 11:08

There he is, bellend Ben pardews rent boy, we would still be in this position if pardew was in charge, look as palace in 2016 almost as bad as us.

Nice to see you back OL I agree with you regards Benitez but i am quietly confident that Ashley and co will fuck it up and we will end up with some journeyman manager next season.

I'm going to throw my, usually wrong, hat into the ring & say that I think RB will still be here next season (that's scuppered it). MA will be inconsolable now we're missing the PL money & prime time advertising for his Company. I reckon he'll move mountains to return to the promised land. Also the worry of empty seats, YES filling seats is important, will mean keeping RB is a must, the supporters have taken to him (rightly imo), lose RB = more empty seats.
I however cannot believe that he'll (MA) will leave Charnley in his position, surely, after this season his position is untenable.
We'll see.

Something else I'd like to say, which is at odds with most opinions on here, is, I do believe MA has kept his proboscis out of NUFC business. I reckon he handed over responsibility to Charnley with the hope/belief he'd see stability & profit.
Trusted henchman....ha ha .... pah... total clearout required.

I think you're right, Birdys. He wants no fuss, publicity for his ragshop and profits. That means he can keep his distance and let Charnley carry the can. Ridiculous really, because we all know who is ultimately responsible for the whole mess.

Benitez has seen the potential of the club, the region and the fanbase. He is a man of vision and talent (he certainly thinks so) and his self belief will make him believe he can achieve greatness with the club. His one nagging doubt will be Ashley.

One thing, the attending sheep this afternoon can do everyone a favour and bleat for Benitez for the whole game - It'll be their only relevant contribution in years.

CHeers OL - Pleased to see you again.