Now that Wilkinson has gone | Vital Football

Now that Wilkinson has gone

Baghdad_Rob

Vital 1st Team Regular
could I check as to who is now officially our weakest player? Wayne's match report was too vague to determine who was at fault for the defeat.

Not quite sure why you are asking who is the weakest player in the actual team from last night but also comparing to Wilkinson who has not recently had a regular role in the starting eleven.

The BBC report seems to blame an error by Max leading up to their goal so he is probably this week's scapegoat.

Stats would suggest 9 of the starters and all of the bench. They all rated 4 or less in WW.

Shite the lot of em.

Not quite sure why you are asking who is the weakest player in the actual team from last night but also comparing to Wilkinson who has not recently had a regular role in the starting eleven.

More of a refence to the fact that in all the time I have been supporting Gillingham, there has always been one player who is somehow at fault for everything and in some ways causes the lack of success.

Before Wilkinson I suspect people on here had a "maximum rating of 5" for Norris. Before Norris I suspect Joe Martin had that role. The argument I commonly heard was that if the opposition scored down our left it was Joe's fault for not stopping the cross, but if it came from the other wing then it was his fault for not being narrow enough to challenge the attacker in the middle. Before then I recall both Gregory and Mahar getting flack because every goal conceded was as a result of them not being able to tackle and any time we didn't score it was their faults for not creating. There was a time when Adam Miller was somehow to blame for every goal conceded.

This is a semi-serious post in order to determine who is likely to fill the role of the weakest link whenever they play.

Two weeks ago, people were saying that SL's time was up; Wilkinson deserved the accolade for his lack of effort and commitment above all.